PDA

View Full Version : A day that will live in infamy

Pages : 1 [2]

Ravager
02-18-2021, 10:10 PM
In terms of racism, WoW doesn't hold a candle to the old WWF. WWE ain't a whole lot better. W the president wasn't much of a friend to the non-whites either. In fact, W is the most racist letter.

zodium
02-19-2021, 04:04 AM
imagine being so racist that p99, a everquest emulator which has a forum where people post pictures of hitler and openly blaming "the j's" for all the bad politics things longer than the four years i've been here, force disbands uyor guild for racism, and your like "well everquest is racist. did u think about that? see, im not owned"

lol

Snortles Chortles
02-19-2021, 11:13 AM
pure coincedence

axisofebola
02-19-2021, 02:18 PM
imagine being so racist that p99, a everquest emulator which has a forum where people post pictures of hitler and openly blaming "the j's" for all the bad politics things longer than the four years i've been here, force disbands uyor guild for racism, and your like "well everquest is racist. did u think about that? see, im not owned"

lol

Are you really in riot? have they told you to stop posting because you are fucking moron?

Ennewi
02-19-2021, 03:31 PM
Are you really in riot? have they told you to stop posting because you are fucking moron?

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/01/150121103304.htm

HalflingSpergand
02-19-2021, 06:13 PM
Black people were definitely slaves so we gotta be extra nicies forever

Bardp1999
02-19-2021, 06:24 PM

Incredibly small-minded... And I am a redneck Texan

Snortles Chortles
02-19-2021, 06:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hfZr8vQ.gif

Ennewi
02-19-2021, 07:04 PM

Who's we? Most every group has a history of persecution or lower standing. Not exploiting that cheap material for laughs is just basic human decency. It isn't even low hanging fruit. It's on the ground rotting and best left untouched by those who can't reach the topmost branches. Few comedians have managed to extract humor out of the darkest chapters in history. American comedy largely came from its immigrant communities, not nerds with too much time on hands.

Ravager
02-19-2021, 08:56 PM
That's kinda the sum of it. Yeah. Should probably afford the same courtesy to Jews and Native Americans. Not to mention the Asians and Latinos. Pacific Islanders were certainly exploited by the Caucasians at some point. Muslims are a little more tit-for-tat historically, but be nice to them also, because it's better than being mean. But fuck the Kiwis. Piss on them for being a better America than America.

HalflingSpergand
02-19-2021, 09:05 PM
Must be embarrassing to need hand outs and nicies from the big dawgs

Ravager
02-19-2021, 09:15 PM
Too bad you're a complete fucking retard, otherwise you'd be embarrassed and ashamed of that remark.

HalflingSpergand
02-19-2021, 09:37 PM
U fuckin creme puffs dont realize that real *****s dont care about ur gay ass guild names get fucked u silly bitch

G13
02-19-2021, 10:35 PM
U fuckin creme puffs dont realize that real *****s dont care about ur gay ass guild names get fucked u silly bitch

It would be interesting to see the melanin percentages of all the people outraged about a guild name calling everyone a racist

Snortles Chortles
02-19-2021, 11:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/PzXyS72.gif

Canelek
02-19-2021, 11:21 PM
Can we at least agree to spell out words in whatever language? A lot of you fine folks know words, yet refuse to spell them.

I suppose Make America Spell Rite[sic] Again didn't make the final cut for red hat embossing, eh?

zodium
02-20-2021, 02:19 AM
theres a thirty two page thread on the dmo forums just talking about fondling hitlers hot tits & ass

G13
02-20-2021, 03:00 AM
theres a thirty two page thread on the dmo forums just talking about fondling hitlers hot tits & ass

Well if mustache man became mustache woman (stunning and brave) wouldn't that make them transphobic if they weren't attracted to her?

xmaerx
02-20-2021, 03:57 PM

Sounds like it's the "being extra nice" you've got a problem with. Must be real inconvenient going out of your way to be decent. How dare someone have such high expectations for any reason, let alone a good one.

DMN
02-20-2021, 04:26 PM
Sounds like it's the "being extra nice" you've got a problem with. Must be real inconvenient going out of your way to be decent. How dare someone have such high expectations for any reason, let alone a good one.

Treating black people differently for any reason is definitionally racist. Don't matter if you shine their shoes or burn a cross on their lawn.

TripSin
02-20-2021, 04:56 PM
Treating black people differently for any reason is definitionally racist. Don't matter if you shine their shoes or burn a cross on their lawn.

Incorrect

G13
02-20-2021, 05:46 PM
Incorrect

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

zodium
02-20-2021, 05:55 PM
me, putting mlk's picture next to my framed portrait of hitler: "i just think its rly important to listen to all sides."

TripSin
02-20-2021, 06:09 PM
I'm pretty sure Dr. King would make a distinction between shining a black man's shoes and burning a cross in that man's yard.

TripSin
02-20-2021, 06:31 PM

Consider this picture and, please, try your best to not get too excited about it:

https://i.imgur.com/4zGIfuZ.jpg

This man was murdered for being falsely accused of trying to harm a white woman (she later admitted that this wasn't true). What I would like you to notice though is the smiling little girl behind him. Do you think she would be smiling if it were a puppy being hung? She is smiling here because she was taught that the lives of blacks are worth less than even animals.

Some people like to imagine that slavery was hundreds of years ago so what's the big deal, why do we even have to bring it up anymore? This picture is from 1935. That little girl is someone's grandmother or great grandmother today. Racism is most often taught and unfortunately the legacy and lasting detrimental effects of slavery can not just be simply forgotten so soon.

No, I'm not trying to say that you "gotta be extra nicies forever," but I am trying to say that you should probably try to be more empathetic and realize slavery wasn't actually that long ago and yes, it wouldn't hurt for you to keep this context in mind when interacting with black people today.

G13
02-20-2021, 06:45 PM
I'm pretty sure Dr. King would make a distinction between shining a black man's shoes and burning a cross in that man's yard.

Not if the behaviors were based solely on a person's race or identity, which is why he emphasized content of character.

The point is to treat everyone universally with dignity and respect based upon their humanity. Not based upon the melanin content in their skin, what gender they have sex with, or if they underwent a procedure to modify their genitalia.

Whether the treatment is positive or negative doesn't matter. People who modify their treatment of others (good or bad / preferential / deferential) based upon characteristics such as race or sexual preference are in fact the bigots themselves.

The preferential treatment may make you feel better about yourself and give you a sense of moral superiority over others, but you are hurting the people you think you are trying to help and stagnating their ability to develop and grow. You are essentially putting them in a box based upon their identity with no way out.

You don't allow them to develop as human beings outside of their identity, so they can never truly grow and overcome adversity. Overcoming adversity builds character. It builds self esteem.

Adversity can be defined in many different ways. Maybe you have a learning disorder. Maybe you grew up poor. Maybe you grew up without a mother or father. By facing these challenges and overcoming them, it builds character and prepares you for success.

Cassawary
02-20-2021, 06:53 PM

Indeed, being nice is the worst kind of racism. :p

Snortles Chortles
02-20-2021, 07:17 PM
hey p1999ers, hope you're all having a fine evening!

sydbarrett25
02-20-2021, 07:26 PM
hey p1999ers, hope you're all having a fine evening!

I take it the snortles ban appeal and the chortles ban appeal was effective?

Yrzep
02-20-2021, 08:06 PM
I'm personally disgusted cancel culture has made it's way into p99.

HalflingSpergand
02-20-2021, 10:01 PM
Posting murder pics definitely not ok

Also unverifiable sob story wasted text

TripSin
02-20-2021, 11:42 PM
Posting murder pics definitely not ok

Also unverifiable sob story wasted text

It's a historical picture that has been published in newspapers and magazines such as the National Geographic. I can't say I'm surprised you're not familiar with it. People like you usually aren't very educated on this kind history. The victim's name is Rubin Stacy.

I don't mind attempting to educate people like you, if it wasted on you I'm sure it can't be the only thing.

TripSin
02-20-2021, 11:53 PM
Sorry for all the generalizing. By "people like you" I just mean racists. Well, not just any racist, I think we're all a little bit racist (great Avenue Q song btw), but like, you know, hardcore racists.

Snortles Chortles
02-21-2021, 12:09 AM
https://i.imgur.com/9aWLick.gif

G13
02-21-2021, 12:34 AM
It's a historical picture that has been published in newspapers and magazines such as the National Geographic. I can't say I'm surprised you're not familiar with it. People like you usually aren't very educated on this kind history. The victim's name is Rubin Stacy.

I don't mind attempting to educate people like you, if it wasted on you I'm sure it can't be the only thing.

Some of the largest slave owners before the civil war were former black slaves

TripSin
02-21-2021, 12:41 AM
Some of the largest slave owners before the civil war were former black slaves

And some African leaders also provided slaves, but that has nothing to do with what I said.

G13
02-21-2021, 12:44 AM
And some African leaders also provided slaves, but that has nothing to do with what I said.

It has everything to do with it

HalflingSpergand
02-21-2021, 12:44 AM
Sorry for all the generalizing. By "people like you" I just mean racists. Well, not just any racist, I think we're all a little bit racist (great Avenue Q song btw), but like, you know, hardcore racists.

Better be sorry you little bitch

TripSin
02-21-2021, 12:45 AM
It has everything to do with it

No, it doesn't.

G13
02-21-2021, 12:58 AM
No, it doesn't.

Yes it does (Infinity)

You said:

The legacy and lasting detrimental effects of slavery can not just be simply forgotten so soon.

Some of the largest slave owners before the civil war were not only black, but they were former slaves

TripSin
02-21-2021, 01:03 AM
Yes it does (Infinity)

You said:

Some of the largest slave owners before the civil war were not only black, but they were former slaves

Yeah, that's what I said. And what you said is still largely irrelevant. Do you just not understand what the word legacy means? You bolded it as if that means something. I guess in your mind you're making a point? lmao

G13
02-21-2021, 01:06 AM
Yeah, that's what I said. And what you said is still largely irrelevant. Do you just not understand what the word legacy means? You bolded it as if that means something. I guess in your mind you're making a point? lmao

Multiple dodges noted

Snortles Chortles
02-21-2021, 01:08 AM
https://i.imgur.com/4wzytNq.jpg

Boptop
02-21-2021, 02:33 AM
Great meme broo

Swish
02-21-2021, 04:49 AM
Consider this picture and, please, try your best to not get too excited about it:

{image}

This man was murdered for being falsely accused of trying to harm a white woman (she later admitted that this wasn't true). What I would like you to notice though is the smiling little girl behind him. Do you think she would be smiling if it were a puppy being hung? She is smiling here because she was taught that the lives of blacks are worth less than even animals.

Some people like to imagine that slavery was hundreds of years ago so what's the big deal, why do we even have to bring it up anymore? This picture is from 1935. That little girl is someone's grandmother or great grandmother today. Racism is most often taught and unfortunately the legacy and lasting detrimental effects of slavery can not just be simply forgotten so soon.

No, I'm not trying to say that you "gotta be extra nicies forever," but I am trying to say that you should probably try to be more empathetic and realize slavery wasn't actually that long ago and yes, it wouldn't hurt for you to keep this context in mind when interacting with black people today.

Yeah this is totally why DMO was shut down. Haven't seen any Hitler memes yet but I feel like someone gonna do it to prove why a guild of erudites on an emulated EQ server shouldn't be allowed.

Tentarro
02-21-2021, 05:17 AM
rip a small bastion of white privilege. where else where people who want to wear blackface digitally go?

https://i.imgur.com/kmpNRDD.jpg

Tentarro
02-21-2021, 05:24 AM
I'm personally disgusted cancel culture has made it's way into p99.

Not even sure wtf I'm reading here, I joined P99 cause I played EQ back in the day when I was a little kid and wanted to play it now that I have a clue in my head, and nowadays when I'm trying to revisit my nostalgia, there's dudes actually spending time on here trying to quantify why somebody is racist as if it's some sort of fucking e-sport.

It's cringe to the highest degree, I hope to god these queers never go look at the archived necro boards back in the day, some of the stuff I saw on there when my dad posted flew over my head, but man did they post worst shit back then, as opposed to now, and it wasn't even offensive, it was just stupid and funny.

zodium
02-21-2021, 05:32 AM
very glad Cancel Culture has made it to p99, to cancel the nazis

Tentarro
02-21-2021, 05:34 AM

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it 8/8

Ennewi
02-21-2021, 05:56 AM

https://youtu.be/iHSPf6x1Fdo

Ravager
02-21-2021, 08:59 AM
Oh noes! Assholes are being cancelled! Their voices are being silenced! Except all I hear is their outrage of their voices being silenced, so I guess their free speech is alive and well? Damn I wish all these crybaby entitled fucks were smart enough to see the irony of their own self-victimization.

HalflingSpergand
02-21-2021, 10:10 AM
Wish in 1 shit in the other , bitch

zodium
02-21-2021, 12:09 PM
using my free speech to say "lol, p99 nazis"

Cassawary
02-21-2021, 01:29 PM
I usually get cancelled when my charm pet breaks

DMN
02-21-2021, 01:57 PM
Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!! the notzees are going to come and take away all the dice!

Ravager
02-21-2021, 09:03 PM
Wish in 1 shit in the other , bitch
Cry me a fucking river, Karen.

HalflingSpergand
02-21-2021, 09:08 PM
Karen is a pejorative term for a woman seeming to be entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is normal.

Ravager
02-21-2021, 09:13 PM
*golf clap*

Canelek
02-22-2021, 01:23 PM
*golf clap*

imperiouskitten
02-22-2021, 02:40 PM
dont u hate it when nerds swing off ur cringe, highlight ur cringe

moltm
02-23-2021, 06:28 PM
recently decided to become racist to join the guild but i guess i'm gonna have to about-turn on this one and shoot for a more normal new year's resolution

Bardp1999
03-08-2021, 12:46 PM
In related news, Nirgon still butt-blasted

Snortles Chortles
03-08-2021, 01:06 PM
https://i.imgur.com/5008dV1.jpg

Naerron
03-08-2021, 03:52 PM
should use a mix of IP and hardware bans to lock these fools down. Bet they thought march 4th they'd get unbanned and come back to power

Nirgon
03-08-2021, 04:31 PM
Just spam the GMs even more dude. You'll get there.