PDA

View Full Version : Starfleet Command Doxxes Planarity

Grumph
12-27-2020, 01:15 PM
In an unprecedented move, Starfleet Command has put out a press release this morning revealing the alter-alias of beloved retired Captain James Tiberius Kirk.

His conduct in recent hours on a popular emulated EverQuest mmorpg server called Project 1999 was deemed unbecoming of an officer.

However, rather than facing public backlash from either denying the famous Captain of some pension benefits or besmirching his illustrious record (having boldly gone where no man has gone before) - they decided to simply unmask his current escapades under the pseudonym "Planarity."

When asked what specifically lead to this decision, Starfleet Command referenced the following public statment:

Of course, those of us who know and love Captain Kirk for his adventures in space might have made the connection just as easily ourselves.

Seeing in Planarity that same winsome never die attitude.

One of our crack reporters were able to press for more from Star Command on their way to the translocator room:

"We've indulged this sort of behavior before from Kirk. Frankly, winning against the Klingons is one thing, but abusing fellow Federation Citizens on a free server? I'm happy to let the public decide for themselves."

Captain Kirk of course was given a star of commendation for his performance in the academy on the Kobeyashi Maru training simulation.

He can be seen here explaining his strategy in 1982:

Changing the Conditions of The Test (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j08kI7-T7Vo)

"He's been pulling the same stunt since he was a little kid"

explained Winona Kirk, the aging mother of Jame Kirk (AKA Planarity) before sharing with us a family photo from when he was 6:

We sought out the wayward Officer Planarity for comment this morning. Unfortunately we were unable to reach him directly as he was last seen skydiving.

Before jumping out of the plane, one of the attendants overheard him give the following comment:

Our reporters are on the ground as we speak. Tune in tonight at 5 for an update on this breaking news situation.

Viscere
12-27-2020, 01:22 PM
FIRST

Toryas
12-27-2020, 01:46 PM
It's sad that at this time of year, you have enough time to spend doing a post which isn't worth reading.

a) TL;DR please and
b) Get some friends.

MarauderOHHYEAH
12-27-2020, 01:51 PM
It's sad that at this time of year, you have enough time to spend doing a post which isn't worth reading.

a) TL;DR please and
b) Get some friends.

^this... im really glad the ban made the toxicity between all the guilds go away

Psyborg
12-27-2020, 02:31 PM

a) TL;DR please and
b) Get some friends.

Oh come on you have no sense of humor. It’s okay to laugh at ourselves every once in a while, even if it’s a few days after Christmas. Planarity was a bit unhinged in UN last night and just needs to own it, laugh if odd, and move on.

I look forward to whatever part of the next cycle that lands before the draft, and to some extent I look forward to the draft as well.

imperiouskitten
12-27-2020, 03:07 PM
lot of effort for a post i did not read

tyrant49333
12-27-2020, 03:11 PM
10/10 would rnf again

magnetaress
12-27-2020, 03:20 PM
Young tiburious was quite cute and furryous

Ripqozko
12-27-2020, 03:22 PM
Freedom pretty bad at RNF, hope that helps.

Nexii
12-27-2020, 03:26 PM
Kirk is chaotic good, whereas Riot is lawful good. It doesn't quite work as a comparison.

Toryas
12-27-2020, 03:31 PM
Oh come on you have no sense of humor. It’s okay to laugh at ourselves every once in a while, even if it’s a few days after Christmas. Planarity was a bit unhinged in UN last night and just needs to own it, laugh if odd, and move on.

I look forward to whatever part of the next cycle that lands before the draft, and to some extent I look forward to the draft as well.

I have a sense of humour, but you have about 2 sentences tops to grab my attention before I look for a TL;DR. I’m afraid this post needed one.

Samoht
12-27-2020, 03:37 PM
Kirk is chaotic good, whereas Riot is lawful good.

I don’t know if you just don’t understand the alignment compass or if your point of view is just tainted, but bending the rules to hurt others while asking where you broke any rules is definition of lawful evil.

Just ignoring the rules while you hurt others and then lying about it saying you followed the rules is chaotic evil.

Chaotic evil definitely describes rito more appropriately.

Psyborg
12-27-2020, 04:17 PM
Kirk is chaotic good, whereas Riot is lawful good. It doesn't quite work as a comparison.

This one has me dying. You can't seriously believe that. Surely with the UN being open for all to see now you can appreciate that there are no good guys in P99 raiding.

getsome
12-27-2020, 04:21 PM
Star Wars > Star Trek

Grumph
12-27-2020, 04:42 PM
Star Wars > Star Trek

He gets it

BarnabusCollins
12-27-2020, 04:53 PM
Wharf, warp speed ahead.

Tongpow
12-27-2020, 05:04 PM
Star Wars > Star Trek
Babylon 5 > both

Nexii
12-27-2020, 05:30 PM
Na Freedom is chaotic evil. I expect to get trained about 6 times a cycle none of which will result in an on the spot concession.

I wish that Riot was lawful evil as I'd fit in a lot better. Trying to be lawful good is almost as sickening

Psyborg
12-27-2020, 05:43 PM
Na Freedom is chaotic evil. I expect to get trained about 6 times a cycle none of which will result in an on the spot concession.

I wish that Riot was lawful evil as I'd fit in a lot better. Trying to be lawful good is almost as sickening

We were trained at least that many times this weekend by Riot with zero on the spot concessions. Nexii just because you’re not in the loop while sitting in your cleric safe zone doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. It’s to the point where we don’t even bring them all up in raid concerns anymore. You do realize that Riot trained us on our Lady M attempt, didn’t concede, and then vacated the area because of that train right? And what happened 30 minutes later? FRAG accidentally trained your Zlexak engage, didn’t concede on the spot, and then vacated North ToV for 2 hours to give Riot a chance at that mob and every other trip/twins. The major difference here was that Riot chose not to kill their mob afterwards and FRAG conceded two in the UN.

Riot is really holding shit back from its members if you didn’t know this is what happened.

Samoht
12-27-2020, 05:48 PM
Hey, now. Rito absolutely did not get an FYE on Vulak without a raid force even remotely close to him just to cause some other raid entity to waste consumables on their engage team. That wouldn’t be chaotic or evil.

Lostfaction
12-27-2020, 05:59 PM
Thats a lot of "late" riot concessions this week... guessing more to come?

SantagarBrax
12-27-2020, 06:23 PM
oh ffs you clowns give it a rest already.

Kohedron
12-27-2020, 06:42 PM
I can feel your snaggleteeth crunching together

Viscere
12-27-2020, 06:43 PM
U wot mate?

Zoggren
12-27-2020, 07:53 PM

Here is Rito again blaming other people for their own trains.

Zoggren
12-27-2020, 07:59 PM

greasemonk
12-27-2020, 09:13 PM

This mother fucker needs double Jesus.

Molitoth
12-28-2020, 12:46 PM

You beg for evidence. It's coming.

Mblake81
12-28-2020, 01:11 PM
Star Wars > Star Trek

up til around the year 2000.

Now its all garbage, wont touch with my 20ft nerd pole.

feniin
12-28-2020, 01:11 PM
lot of effort for a post i did not read

Gustoo
12-28-2020, 01:27 PM
I think that a more straight forward informational post would have been better like

"Guild X went in for This under These conditions"
"Guild X's actions described above resulted in Failure"
"Guild Y came in for the kill after Guild X Wipe"
"I am mad about this result, being a member of the failed guild X"

Because I did read the post and I couldn't get answers to any of those damn questions, I am filled with regret.

spiritsofrock
12-28-2020, 04:42 PM
A lot of thought into this

8.65/10

Grumph
12-28-2020, 08:35 PM
I think that a more straight forward informational post would have been better like

"Guild X went in for This under These conditions"
"Guild X's actions described above resulted in Failure"
"Guild Y came in for the kill after Guild X Wipe"
"I am mad about this result, being a member of the failed guild X"

Because I did read the post and I couldn't get answers to any of those damn questions, I am filled with regret.

Dear Sir,

I respect your position and acknowledge your critique.

A fair point, well said.

sydbarrett25
12-28-2020, 10:27 PM
Star Wars > Star Trek

This is the grossest thing I have ever seen

Capi
12-28-2020, 11:22 PM
A+ for effort

arsenalpow
12-28-2020, 11:54 PM
Star Wars > Star Trek

This is the grossest thing I have ever seen