PDA

View Full Version : Excited for blue, when green drops =)

Krone90
10-02-2019, 07:47 PM
Since iv done the whole live server thing/ timeline thing when i was little and EQ first came out, and then played until dung of Norrath,.... iv seen the mad rush before( a beloved memory of mine) i'm excited to stick with blue, i hope it gets a more layback feel when green drops, since i mainly solo i'm super excited for the pop to decrease on blue :D:D:D

Chortles Snort|eS
10-02-2019, 08:09 PM
https://i.imgur.com/c7YUYaa.gif

Baler
10-02-2019, 08:12 PM
I dont think it will work that way OP

Green's launch will also bring new and old players to blue

El-Hefe
10-02-2019, 08:56 PM
Blue gonna be a ghost town IMO.

In every other game that adds seasonal play the permanent shard always empties out real quick.

My guess is it'll be nothing but the same four raiding guilds, and lonely soloers like OP.

Fammaden
10-02-2019, 09:20 PM
Blue gonna be a ghost town IMO.

In every other game that adds seasonal play the permanent shard always empties out real quick.

My guess is it'll be nothing but the same four raiding guilds, and lonely soloers like OP.

Do those games have three and a half year seasons and involve tying both hands behind your back at the beginning?

Chryorn
10-02-2019, 09:38 PM
The problem is that there isn't that much to do in Classic. A lot of people won't roam around to explore the world, because they already did that. For most of them there is nothing new to discover. Without that the way to 50 isn't that long. Will people really play lots of alts to 50 to equip them with more or less the same gear or will they return to Blue for most of their time?

El-Hefe
10-02-2019, 09:40 PM
Do those games have three and a half year seasons and involve tying both hands behind your back at the beginning?

Things take longer in EQ.

Danth
10-02-2019, 09:46 PM
Wife and I will likely dork around on "green" some, but we're not about to abandon our regular characters. We'll simply treat Blue and Green like different games, maybe feel like one today, the other next time, etc.

Danth

Shrubwise
10-02-2019, 09:52 PM
Since iv done the whole live server thing/ timeline thing when i was little and EQ first came out, and then played until dung of Norrath,.... iv seen the mad rush before( a beloved memory of mine) i'm excited to stick with blue, i hope it gets a more layback feel when green drops, since i mainly solo i'm super excited for the pop to decrease on blue :D:D:D

Right there with ya OP. It will be antisocial solo’ers like us who end up populating the server. Who knows, maybe we’ll group up sometime.
There’s been lots of fear mongering from concerned blue players about the lack of population. When I log on in the early mornings, there’s about 350 others online. In my opinion, that’s the perfect amount of players. When it’s peak, there are 1200+ online.
Personally, I’m looking forward to a hamstringed population on blue, perhaps I’ll even be able to get a camp or two!

https://i.imgur.com/c7YUYaa.gif

Hah

Fammaden
10-02-2019, 10:09 PM
Don't see 1200 much anymore, primetime and an xp bonus, the count is 842 as of this post. Which isn't bad, but a solid dip in numbers from earlier this year.

Nagoya
10-02-2019, 10:17 PM
Don't see 1200 much anymore, primetime and an xp bonus, the count is 842 as of this post. Which isn't bad, but a solid dip in numbers SINCE GREEN ANNOUCEMENT.

FTFY

Whythewhy
10-03-2019, 04:09 AM
When i see posts saying that there will be 50 people on one bat or 200 people in Guk.

It will be a lot and a lot of down time. I dont know why blue and green cant work together.

Remember, on blue, when you dont find group with your rogue lvl 30 for exemple.
You go on an other char. You cant do that on green. People will be everywhere.

Coridan
10-03-2019, 04:33 AM
People don't seem to understand how much more split the camps were in classic. Because combat was longer and harder and required more downtime between pulls. You could have 3 groups at orc highway in oasis. In Unrest there were three yard camps, fireplace and bedroom were separate Crushbone had Walls, Pit, Slaver Caves, Hill, Castle and Dvinn all as separate camps. Full groups camping chessboard in Butcherblock. 2 Full groups at aviak city in South Karana.

The game's capacity is quite high when it's played as intended rather than the massive twinkfest that Blue is where one group can hold Assassin/Supploer, Executioner, Cavalier and Sage in Lower Guk with no real downtime.

Hoppkins_Wytchfinder
10-03-2019, 04:41 AM
When i play (GMT Time) pop on Blue is usually like 600. I doubt i will notice much difference :)

On the other hand I expect people in my time zone will have a bit of advantage on green as a lot of the EST/PST crew will be at work. Or poopsocking.

Being in GMT has its disadvantages, namely the time i zoned into Lguk warped through the floor and got stuck in the GM box. Had to wait 6 hours for a GM to log on and help.

Albane
10-03-2019, 10:58 AM
Wife and I will likely dork around on "green" some, but we're not about to abandon our regular characters. We'll simply treat Blue and Green like different games, maybe feel like one today, the other next time, etc.

Danth

You should always be willing to "abandon" your character in a game. Otherwise you get too attached to the virtual and find yourself trapped in a horrible time wasting cycle even after all fun is long gone.

Baler
10-03-2019, 11:12 AM
I really think people are over estimating how low blue pop will become on green launch.
Not everyone will want to play pure classic. Some want velious content and or still have goals to complete on blue.

Plus you can play red, blue and green at the same time.

Lojik
10-03-2019, 11:44 AM
What are you trying to do on blue that's crowded? Most places are pretty empty except cash camps and some good high level dungeon xp spots? Even then not many players. When green launches I'd imagine a lot of those kinds of places will still be camped.

Danth
10-03-2019, 12:36 PM
You should always be willing to "abandon" your character in a game. Otherwise you get too attached to the virtual and find yourself trapped in a horrible time wasting cycle even after all fun is long gone.

Who said anything about "willing?" Someone who hates playing Blue should quit now, don't wait for green. I like my character on "blue." Why forget about something I like just because something else I like too might open up? More is better. Blue and Green are effectively different games that use the same setting. They will not and can not provide the same experience. There's no reason to treat them like an either/or choice. I figure some weeks Green will get the majority of my online hours, other weeks Blue will.

Danth