PDA

View Full Version : Enough with this manastone list BS

AexDestroy
02-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Gothic circle has been handing off this camp back and forth to one another for over 4 days now...

Does no one else think this is retarded?
You cant even wait in line for the thing, there's just no way to get the camp.

The line for camp should be based on whos actually in line.
like sitting there, waiting in line for your turn on the drop.

None of this, "hey put me on the list, Im gonna go to sleep, XP, camp other shit, help friends, raid, fap, then ill be back for my spot.

ITS BUUUULLLL****

Rogean
02-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Welcome to Everquest.

GreenRanger
02-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Welcome to Everquest.

when i read this it was in the tutorials voice =/

Zithax
02-21-2010, 06:36 PM
train them, ks, stand up for yourself.

Origin
02-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Welcome to Everquest.

No. Welcome to Project 1999.

And while i wholeheartedly appreciate every second of effort that you and every staff member put into this server, i hope you realize that a lot of your policies, whether pertaining to regular camps or raiding, in NO WAY represent those of real Everquest. Good old Everquest. Everquizzest. Especially not those rules from 1999. I was there bro. I know the facts. Nope, can't play that card on me.

Again though, thank you for every single second that you put into this server and project.

<3

President
02-21-2010, 06:47 PM
No. Welcome to Project 1999.

And while i wholeheartedly appreciate every second of effort that you and every staff member put into this server, i hope you realize that a lot of your policies, whether pertaining to regular camps or raiding, in NO WAY represent those of real Everquest. Good old Everquest. Everquizzest. Especially not those rules from 1999. I was there bro. I know the facts. Nope, can't play that card on me.

Again though, thank you for every single second that you put into this server and project.

<3

You do understand that basic rules differed server to server? It became a precedent pretty early on to pass off a high price item camp to your friends/guild mates so you can attempt to get the item you want.

Salty
02-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Until the zerg guild came in and FCFSd everything.

Origin
02-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Until the zerg guild came in and FCFSd everything.

This server needs a Stasis like guild. Make it happen.

Shamaeso
02-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Ask rogean to check I have been here 4 days and dragging like all get out. Sure i may not answer every CC but does that mean I am passing it off?

Salty
02-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Doing it bro. Made 3 more officers to help with invites so we can raid 24/7.

Full planes armor for all!

Aaron
02-21-2010, 07:49 PM

I'd prefer it be like this too.

drplump
02-21-2010, 09:53 PM
1. Show up directly to camp and inform person there that you will be taking over the camp when THEY leave. Take a screenshot of this.

2. Sit at the camp and do not leave. As long as you physically stay at the camp you are next in line.

3. When they leave and try to pass it off bitch, complain, and petition. If you can get friends in to help you out DPS them do so.

4. Be a hypocrite and pass the camp off to a friend in your guild when you are done.

yaaaflow
02-21-2010, 10:38 PM
You know how people would be forced to give up camps like this in classic eq? Servers would come down for patches and all the camps would be given a clean slate - whoever got to the mob first would take over the camp.

But that isnt the way it works on this server, instead a ruling was made for the camp to remain with the people who had it before the server went down instead of the person first at the camp post patch, not-coincidentally in this case leading to gothic circle having the camp for the past 4 days straight.

To clarify exactly what guide Drommund told me, for others in this situation. (He told me he was making a post about this, had it written and was just awating GM approval to post it... 3 days ago).

If I were to be camping the evil eye and the server went down for a patch - be it 5 minutes, 15 minutes or 6 hours, if I login back to that camp within 10 minutes of the server coming back up it is mine.

I'd highly recommend everyone exploit this ruling to keep their favorite items leaving the game soon entirely locked down, as the clever folks in gothic circle have obviously already decided to do with the manastone =D

Edit: Read the camp rules DrPlump, a player can pass off a camp to whoever they want to so that also will not work.

drplump
02-22-2010, 12:49 AM
In that case never ever leave as camp always sell it to the highest bidder. If the item your camping is lore and you already have one just tell them that you will continue to camp it and destroy extra copies unless they pay you for camp. After all its YOUR CAMP.

Also half the server is in Gothic Circle so it makes sense that you would always see them camping it.

Hasbinbad
02-22-2010, 01:45 AM
1. Show up directly to camp and inform person there that you will be taking over the camp when THEY leave. Take a screenshot of this.

2. Sit at the camp and do not leave. As long as you physically stay at the camp you are next in line.

3. When they leave and try to pass it off bitch, complain, and petition. If you can get friends in to help you out DPS them do so.

4. Be a hypocrite and pass the camp off to a friend in your guild when you are done.

5. Profit.
Fix'd

drplump
02-22-2010, 02:30 AM
Current Manastone List:
1. Gnulinux
2. Magicflow
3. Trimm
4. Goto 1
5. Hasbinbad

yaaaflow
02-22-2010, 02:45 AM
Its OK guys, I just got word from Pikler of GC that they are letting people they think are deserving of manastones to have the camp for a while too, not just GC members. I, for one, thank them for handling the issue of distributing manastones - cheers guys!

Salty
02-22-2010, 06:20 AM
Current Manastone List:
1. Gnulinux
2. Magicflow
3. Trimm
4. Goto 1
5. Hasbinbad

I lol`d

Secrets
02-22-2010, 06:20 AM
Just as an FYI, Rule 4 and Rule 1 apply to this so-called 'list'.

If any Gothic Circle person demonstrates the inability to hold a camp (IE: druid sitting there at the spawn, "claiming" it), they will not be able to have rights to it. If needed, post on the petitions/exploits forum and we will handle it. If an arguement launches, both parties are highly encouraged to post their side of the story in the petitions/exploits forum for further examination.

In addition, if you are at a camp, you must stay there the entire time. Make sure if you are doing shifts that you have a person at the camp at all times, or even do a /shout Camp Check! to see what camps are taken. If no one responds, they are obviously afk, and Rule 6 applies.

If you want to no life a camp with your guild, under the current policy it is allowed.

Salty
02-22-2010, 06:23 AM
If you want to no life a camp with your guild, under the current policy it is allowed.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

http://www.nyctri.com/Assets/Thumbs+Up.jpg

drplump
02-22-2010, 08:24 AM
MANASTONES = LYFE!

When kunark comes out someone should try to corner the market on fungi tunics.

Aaron
02-22-2010, 09:11 AM
... /shout Camp Check! to see what camps are taken. If no one responds, they are obviously afk, and Rule 6 applies.

Does this mean that if you /shout for a CC, get no response so go to a camp, find someone there afk, that you can claim the camp?

I don't think I'm right but just want some clarification.

karsten
02-22-2010, 09:30 AM
i believe secrets did some streamlining of the EE camp for the period between now and when it's removed -- does anyone have info on that, just for clarification?

Flicka
02-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Why is this only a problem NOW when that's the way it's always been? LOLOL. For WEEKS Fal & I tried to get the EE camp, it was always camped by either a Trans or IB guy (usually one of 6 people all the damn time it seemed like) there was no list, or we were never notified and yes to get it we had to go sit on it and wait. And wait. And wait some damn more until we got the camp.

This is nothing new. If for months this is the way "it's been done" don't start screaming now because GC is doing the same thing.

ulrich
02-22-2010, 01:42 PM
I agree with OP.

IF YOU ARE NOT WAITING AT THE EE CAMP THE ENTIRE TIME> You shouldn't be on the list.

This is how I ran the list when I finally got the camp for 4 hours. If the people wanted to be on the list didn't wait. Than they were moved to the end of the list. It's the only fair way to do it.

OTHERWISE 2 PEOPLE CAN HOLD THE CAMP FOR MONTHS ON END ? Is that fair? While otherpeople sit there waiting and you tell them they are on the list after their friend* that isn't even online yet????

Fuck off Everyone lol. Double fucks to yall! goat nuts eaters.

Hasbinbad
02-22-2010, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esYiMsbetjY

ulrich
02-22-2010, 02:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esYiMsbetjY

Nice, I know you were asking about a good pms remedy. Glad you found it!
You've been very touchy for awhile now, I hope this helps :P

O yeah Fuck you all . lol camp farming P.o.Shits.
Greedy fucks.

Pikle
02-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Well guys, haha since there is a crapstorm going on about this I will chime in. Basically this is how it has been and will go for camps; Someone shows up to the camp when no one else is there, it's now their camp. They are now in control of what happens to that camp. And if you played Live in 1999 you know this is the way it was. I knew guilds that camped stuff for months. I am also aware of how the manastone camp goes. Anyone who's been down there for the past few months has probably seen me drop by a few times. I was bound down there for a long time. I saw some people, just 1 or 2 people at a time keep the camp for a week or more at a time. IF it wasn't fair why was it fine then? We complained a little bit but by the rules it was their camp to keep. I told everyone that all I wanted to do was help the guild get manastones. We need them for raiding, it's obvious why. And the whole time I have tried to help my guild out.

Now I don't like directing anything at anyone, but Magicflow has been very rude about all this from the start, even when we only had the camp for 20 hours or so ( and in fact that changed the way we felt about the camp, and how long we should try and hold it). But for someone like Magicflow who has been 50 for a while and could of camped it at any time, I'm sure people in there 30's and 40's want them too. And I'm sorry you didn't win the camp. But by the rules it was still our camp (and the only reason it was our camp after the server restart, was because of the linkdead rule, NOT that the server went down, if they server had gone down for longer it would of been your camp apparently. Even though I got Exp and Engaged first). We are trying to be fair, but some people have been pretty rude about all this. Those that know me know that I am fair and just, or at least I try to be. If any of you feel wronged, sorry, but we can't make everyone happy.

Also Gothic Circle is a very helpful guild, whether or not you think we are some zerg guild or whatever, we are a group of skilled gamers trying to have fun on a game we all love. You can continue to put us down all you want to, but it won't stop our growth and our eventual takeover of this server. We are going to do it while trying to help other guilds and other players not in our guild, just as we have before. So I wish everyone good luck on a fair manastone camp. And magicflow, I'm sure one of your guildies has one for you to have. As our guild helps each other with loot, I'm sure your guild would do the same for you. I have not sold or traded any of the manastones we have gotten, they all went to guildies, every single one of them.

Shamaeso
02-22-2010, 03:51 PM
i just want to say i did not appreciate people calling me a liar and saying i was dishonest. I never saw a mana stone drop in my 70+ hours at the camp. The threatening to ks me and train me just added to the stress of lack of sleep and the constant tells.If there is one thing i try to do is be good to my word and ensure GC is not put in a bad light. Some of the behavior of others was just embarassing not only to themselves but their guilds.

shinobi wan kenobi
02-22-2010, 03:51 PM
we only had the camp for 20 hours or so

:D

Pikle
02-22-2010, 03:59 PM
haha When the server went down, we have had the camp for 4 days now. I love how you take things out of context like the media.

I hope Verose gets a manastone though, he's cool and deserves one.

Yoite
02-22-2010, 04:55 PM
i traded my manastone for some war twink gear. thought yall might like to know.

thrawnseg
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
haha When the server went down, we have had the camp for 4 days now. I love how you take things out of context like the media.

I hope Verose gets a manastone though, he's cool and deserves one.

Just curious when is enough enough? Today it's 4 days your guild has had the camp. Are you planning to hold it another day...2 days...until it's removed?

Kaim
02-22-2010, 05:32 PM
So since the drop is getting removed its now time to complain about the camp. If it was IB or Trans that had the camp on lock down the only difference about this post would be who you were complaining about. It sucks you didn't get the camp, but we did, and when we feel we got enough for our guild it will be passed on to the appropriate people. If you also haven't noticed we don't have the camp anymore. So all of you should just calm down, we did not break any rules. This kind of camping has been going on for months.

Secrets
02-22-2010, 05:40 PM
i believe secrets did some streamlining of the EE camp for the period between now and when it's removed -- does anyone have info on that, just for clarification?

I've got some info for that -- there is no list, only camps. Beyond who has the camp is beyond GM control and is considered player politics.

Pikle
02-22-2010, 05:47 PM
thank you Secrets, for clarification. We didn't want any problems, just bad timing that we had the camp when it was announced about removing them. I know a lot of people are mad at us, but we cannot make everyone happy. And when is enough enough? I would like to have my raid clerics to have manastones, wizards and druids need them too. I've seen people sell multiple manastones, so you could always camp Rubi BP and just trade for one?

Aaron
02-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Rubi BP camp isn't much easier to get since the announcement of the removal of these items. Would've been better if they had just removed everything when SolRo was implemented instead of announcing it.

Pikle
02-22-2010, 05:53 PM
I completely agree Aaron, I wouldn't of had to deal with all this over a piece of loot. But it is the way it is now.

nilbog
02-22-2010, 05:55 PM
Would've been better if they had just removed everything when SolRo was implemented instead of announcing it. Better for whom? By giving extra time not only do we allow for the people wanting to get the items more time, but we stop petitions and bribe offers of.. "this is the only reason i'm playing", "thanks for no warning", etc etc.

I think you guys getting an extra week or 2 is better for everyone. You don't *HAVE* to camp them.

Aaron
02-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Also, I'm not hating on GC for holding the camp. It's within the rules. I may have issue with the rule, but it's really not the fault of GC.

Origin
02-22-2010, 05:57 PM
I've got some info for that -- there is no list, only camps. Beyond who has the camp is beyond GM control and is considered player politics.

Bottom line is: If you're willing to mediate player interactions on the raid level, you should do the same on the camp level. Now i understand that it'd be impossible to do that, since... fuck having anyone put in the man hours to GM 24/7 and deal with camp issues. But that's why you have a plain and simple solution: You make a rule that camps get handed to those who have been there the longest.

The end.

Abacab
02-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Better for whom? By giving extra time not only do we allow for the people wanting to get the items more time, but we stop petitions and bribe offers of.. "this is the only reason i'm playing", "thanks for no warning", etc etc.

I think you guys getting an extra week or 2 is better for everyone. You don't *HAVE* to camp them.

Nah that is bad politics, assume the government said "we're allowing the supply of gasoline to continue for only one more week" besides people slamming into gas pumps and filling up everything from their tank to their daughters Hannah Montana squeeze bottle with gas, you're going to flood the market with a supply that is going to inflate the price.

nilbog
02-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Nah that is bad politics, assume the government said "we're allowing the supply of gasoline to continue for only one more week" besides people slamming into gas pumps and filling up everything from their tank to their daughters Hannah Montana squeeze bottle with gas, you're going to flood the market with a supply that is going to inflate the price. We are recreating the past. In your example, no one knows that gas will stop "dropping" until it is announced 1 week in advance. In our example here.. as soon as I opened the server, the limited nature of these items was announced long ago.

Gas is required for our real lives(this can be debated, but seriously). You are not required by any means to go camp these items.

Pikle
02-22-2010, 06:32 PM
I hear what you are saying Nilbog and agree with it, you guys would catch more from the players if you just removed them without warning. And yeah I figured that the top few guilds would already have plenty of manastones considering they have known about the stoppage of the drop for months now. We still have players that just got into the server a few weeks ago that want one. Now that doesn't mean we deserve them, it's a camp just like any other and it's up for grabs. The player who camps it controls it. I remember beta/classic in 1998 and 1999. People would fight tooth and nail over camps like this constantly, and they had no clue anything was going to stop dropping.

And this is the last time I will say this, and without naming any names. I personally know many people who have camped the manastone between them and another person or just themselves and let someone log onto their character to keep the camp going and they do this for days, sometimes even weeks. The problem I have is if I could have gotten this camp a lot earlier, Gothic Circle would have been better off instead of having to cram it all now. But because it was so hard to get the camp from some people, we had to wait, and wait, and wait... so now we are stuck in this situation mainly because people wanted to monopolize this spawn for months.

Goobles
02-22-2010, 06:32 PM
I think the GMs should confiscate the 8 Manastones on Penoy's account and sell raffle 'tickets', one per attendee, and the world will be happy.

Pikle
02-22-2010, 06:35 PM
haha goobs I like this idea

Trimm
02-22-2010, 06:39 PM
So people are mad at Gothic Circle for holding the manastone camp for an extended period of time in the exact same way Divinity, IB and Trans did, and the same way any other guild would if given the chance?

Please. It just happened to be dumb luck that they had the camp when the announcement was made, and now people are in a rush to get a stone before it poofs. Keep it as long as you can Pikle, give'em hell.

Tygerwoody
02-22-2010, 06:39 PM
I'm so proud of you guys.

I'm holding down the EZ server guild atm. But its nice to know they are making such good decisions. :)

Thanks Pikle!

Abacab
02-22-2010, 06:47 PM
We are recreating the past. In your example, no one knows that gas will stop "dropping" until it is announced 1 week in advance. In our example here.. as soon as I opened the server, the limited nature of these items was announced long ago.

Gas is required for our real lives(this can be debated, but seriously). You are not required by any means to go camp these items.

It's just a rough example of pre-announcing the limited supply, most people assumed as soon as Sol Ro opened they'd stop dropping so they prepared for it. Since it was announced it's going to drop for another week that sent red flags to people to camp like mad in order to get the edge on supply for when the nerf does happen.

Shamaeso
02-22-2010, 06:59 PM
Plus we had the camp before it was announced sol ro was open and the 1-2 week before stopping

Pikle
02-22-2010, 07:08 PM
I think we have enough time to work this out in a civil manner and hopefully get as many people stones as possible. And that doesn't just include our guild. Think of it like this, although our guild groups a lot together, and most groups I'm in have at least half GC in it, we still group with other people from other guilds that may be our friends or just a pug group. It still would benefit each player to help another player out get loot, you never know. I'm sure people think of it in different terms and that's fine, opinions are allowed. I just feel on a server like this with a very healthy and helpful community we should share. And so many people are complaining how big our guild is, but that's because people want to be in it, and they want to help other players. So they are very loyal to our guild and to each other. I'm sure this will work out in the end.

Origin
02-22-2010, 07:09 PM
So people are mad at Gothic Circle for holding the manastone camp for an extended period of time in the exact same way Divinity, IB and Trans did, and the same way any other guild would if given the chance?

Please. It just happened to be dumb luck that they had the camp when the announcement was made, and now people are in a rush to get a stone before it poofs. Keep it as long as you can Pikle, give'em hell.

Everyone with this line of reasoning is missing the point. When Manastones stop dropping, there'll be another "Manastone" camp. And another. And another. The point is to set the rules so that this shit doesn't happen. Ever.

How do you people not realize that you have ~6 months before Kunark... what the fuck are you going to do until then, when everyone has at least 1 level 50 toon? Wait until a friend of a friend of a friend gets a camp and lets you be next in line? Lawl.

I've felt the same about this when IB camped Manastones and when Trans did it. Gothic Circle just broke the camel's back. Not that i have anything against them though. But proper rules should have been put into place a long time ago.

yaaaflow
02-22-2010, 07:16 PM
My qualm is as follows: In classic there was at least one way potentially to have the camp leave the hands of the people who had been on it for days at a time - patch day. Guide Drommund's ruling in this situation is that patches also have no influence on losing the camp - if the server comes down for a patch be it 5 minutes, 30minutes, 6 hours or 3 days if the person who had the camp pre-patch is back at that camp within 10 minutes of server up they have full rights to continue camping it. Seems a little silly to me, tbh.

Pikle
02-22-2010, 07:30 PM
You aren't getting it Magicflow, if the server came down for 6 hours, we would have lost the camp to you because apparently you were the first person in the camp... It was only because the server down time was under the linkdead timenframe we got the camp back. Not that the fact I got experience and engaged the mob first. It was just a simple loophole in the rules, it's part of politics in every sense. You were quoting the rules before the server went down, and I quoted that rule back to you. And you said it wasn't considered a LD. The simple fact that the server was going down wasn't my fault, on my end I was forced off the server and came back within the time frame to claim my camp. After I saw the way people reacted that evening it changed my whole outlook on the camp. You made us very mad and it was very unfair. Some of my guild members got out of line, but we worked that out internally. A lot of people were out of line that night, I would prefer if you could understand what happened and why it was fair and just leave it behind.

yaaaflow
02-22-2010, 07:39 PM
When I asked Drommund if the same ruling would have applied if the server had been down for 6 hours he said yes. Therefore the majority of what you just posted above is nonsense, unless he changed his mind again after I left (wouldn't shock me, of course).

This isn't about our particular situation Pikler. It's about people being able to camp something indefinitely, without even the same potential for a camp changing hands that live servers had.

Yam
02-22-2010, 07:56 PM
I think it's pretty bogus to be able to pass a camp on to someone else when another person has been physically present at the camp before them.

Shamaeso
02-22-2010, 07:56 PM
My only stressor in all of this was the threats, the KS's that did happen and generally bullying by higher guilds per say.

drplump
02-23-2010, 12:02 AM
I think it's pretty bogus to be able to pass a camp on to someone else when another person has been physically present at the camp before them.

QFT

Sponge
02-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Why wait days to camp a manastone? Go farm something else worth a lot, sell it, then buy a manastone. Takes far less time. Jesus, grow a brain please.

LazyFuj
02-23-2010, 03:46 AM
Can I join GC please, I want to get in on this camp. :cool:

Pikle
02-23-2010, 05:11 AM
Again Magicflow, I think Drummond is wrong about that, I would have to say the LD rule would only apply to a short server restart/downtime. Yeah I think it would be crazy if you could recall a camp 6 hours later. Maybe they will institute a rule applying to server downtimes. Only lvl 1's can join GC, so if you aren't lvl 1, please apply to a higher lvl guild.

Tygerwoody
02-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Why wait days to camp a manastone? Go farm something else worth a lot, sell it, then buy a manastone. Takes far less time. Jesus, grow a brain please.

FINALLY someone states the obvious.

Thanks Sponge!

Adivina
02-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Welcome to Everquest.

Pretty much. What do you think Inglorious Basterds has been doing with the Rubi BP camp for the past two or so months? Seriously, rewind about 2 weeks or so - every single day I logged in there was someone from IB in that camp going back several months. Like it or not, it is perfectly within the ruleset of EQ. I don't go to bed at night shaking my fist at the sky and cursing IB's name, because its the nature of the game.

Gothic Circle is not the first guild to hold down a camp for an extended period of time, nor will they be the last. This is how EQ was in 1999, and its how it will end up being on a classic emulator.

Welcome to EQ. If you don't like it, /q

Adivina
02-24-2010, 02:22 PM
Bottom line is: If you're willing to mediate player interactions on the raid level, you should do the same on the camp level. Now i understand that it'd be impossible to do that, since... fuck having anyone put in the man hours to GM 24/7 and deal with camp issues. But that's why you have a plain and simple solution: You make a rule that camps get handed to those who have been there the longest.

The end.

But the real bottom line is, in classic EQ, on the majority of servers, this is how it ALWAYS was. A rotation was set up for planes and raids, camps were at the discretion of the players.

I really think the people crying are the people who simply never played classic or early EQ at a higher level. This is 100% no different than how it ever was on The Nameless when I played classic, kunark, velious, etc.

equiss
02-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Getting in on this epic bitchfest.

When I camped EE, I could just randomly run through guk and find it uncamped. Sucks to be all of you faggots.

Also magicflow is a huge asshole, that fucker made me give him an fbss for the manastone he gave me (after 30+ hours camping EE with no stone.) So yea, fuck that guy.

Pikle
02-24-2010, 06:46 PM
It's EQ, what else do we have to do other than level, farm gear and complain. Magicflow claims to never had or looted any manastones ever, so that's odd how I keep hearing about how many manastones Magicflow had.

yaaaflow
02-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Yeah like I said to you I've never successfully camped a manastone. I've traded for a couple but have never managed to have the EE drop it. How the fuck do you keep hearing about me having 'many' of manastones when I have a grand total of two?

drplump
02-25-2010, 02:40 AM
TY for the manastone for my main and my alt magicflow.

Pikle
02-27-2010, 03:38 PM
haha, I've heard from a few people that you have traded/sold them to other people. And it's not my fault you never successfully camped a manastone, you had like 4 months to do it. I got my manastone when I was lvl 35 and took some friends down there to help because I couldn't kill the mob myself.

It's just you made such a big deal about all this magicflow, but everyone knows that you are rich enough to buy what you want... so no one really cares about the rich people

yaaaflow
02-27-2010, 06:06 PM
edit: this thread is retarded and I'll just leave it at the fact that I've never traded or sold a manastone and you're kind of retarded Pikler.

Finawin
03-04-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm highly amused by Magicflow bitching in this thread about rules or fairness just because their attempted thieving of a camp didn't work out for them.

yaaaflow
03-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Oh hey Finawin I missed you pal! FYI I've made probably 20-25ish posts in the last week or so, so you should probably hunt them down so you can reply with your copy/paste snarky comment about me, that'd be rad.

Finawin
03-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Nah, I'm too busy to really go and look for specific whining posts by some thieving, chump, hypocrite.

This post in particular since I've been out of town caught my eye, so I decided to read through the cryfest. It was a few minutes well spent.

Kire
03-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Gothic circle has been handing off this camp back and forth to one another for over 4 days now...

Does no one else think this is retarded?
You cant even wait in line for the thing, there's just no way to get the camp.

None of this, "hey put me on the list, Im gonna go to sleep, XP, camp other shit, help friends, raid, fap, then ill be back for my spot.

ITS BUUUULLLL****

You mad?

Hasbinbad
03-04-2010, 10:48 PM
You mad?
That was a very thought-out and eloquent reply to a 2 week old post that has nothing to do with the current situation on the server.

What the fuck, did Shakespeare reincarnate in the body of an EQ geek while I was sleeping?

Kire
03-05-2010, 03:38 AM
That was a very thought-out and eloquent reply to a 2 week old post that has nothing to do with the current situation on the server.

What the fuck, did Shakespeare reincarnate in the body of an EQ geek while I was sleeping?

You angrier?

Dabamf
03-05-2010, 06:21 AM
I always confuse Finawin with some other guy with a similar name and I can never remember which one I hate. Who is this other guy and can he please step forwards so I can remember which one to hate.

Finawin
03-05-2010, 06:36 AM
If it's Finawins, that's me. Chances are it's me that you hate even if you've never happened upon me.

karsten
03-05-2010, 11:23 AM
i dunno i like you better than the one dude that you were letting play you actually, he's super obnoxious

Taminy
03-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Back to the original topic...

I think this whole list thing is BS, at least in theory. Ie if I'm camping a manastone I shouldn't be able to just have my friend take over the camp when I leave IF someone else is there and willing to take it. I think whenever the original camper leaves, whoever is actually at the camp should /rand it or whatever. Of course, the original camper could also just stay and try to force any competition out, or people end up bringing 10 of their friends and all do a /rand to stack the odds.

So in practice it might not work to do away with lists... but at least in theory once the original camper leaves all rights to the camp go to whoever is physically at the camp. If there are competitors, /rand.

Wenai
03-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Back to the original topic...

I think this whole list thing is BS, at least in theory. Ie if I'm camping a manastone I shouldn't be able to just have my friend take over the camp when I leave IF someone else is there and willing to take it. I think whenever the original camper leaves, whoever is actually at the camp should /rand it or whatever. Of course, the original camper could also just stay and try to force any competition out, or people end up bringing 10 of their friends and all do a /rand to stack the odds.

So in practice it might not work to do away with lists... but at least in theory once the original camper leaves all rights to the camp go to whoever is physically at the camp. If there are competitors, /rand.
Level 50 Member of Guild A is soloing Lord camp in Guktop.
Level 50 Member of Guild B sees it camped and chooses to wait.
Three level 30 members of Guild A come and group with the Level 50 of Guild A.
One hour passes and the Level 50 of Guild A decides he needs to get going.

So you are saying that the two level 30 members of Guild A should be forced to leave the camp based on the fact that the other person was there longer?

I have handed off many camps in my day and I really don't see a problem with it. Look at it like a group with revolving members. Just because the 6 people that were in the group controlling a spawn are not the same 6 people that are there now, does not mean that the camp was never unattended and you deserve it. Group members change, they never give up their spot.

Sure you could say they are "abusing the system" but from a GM perspective, it is a party with changing members that never leaves the camp unattended. There is no reason for that party to ever give it up.

Taminy
03-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Level 50 Member of Guild A is soloing Lord camp in Guktop.
Level 50 Member of Guild B sees it camped and chooses to wait.
Three level 30 members of Guild A come and group with the Level 50 of Guild A.
One hour passes and the Level 50 of Guild A decides he needs to get going.

So you are saying that the two level 30 members of Guild A should be forced to leave the camp based on the fact that the other person was there longer?

I have handed off many camps in my day and I really don't see a problem with it. Look at it like a group with revolving members. Just because the 6 people that were in the group controlling a spawn are not the same 6 people that are there now, does not mean that the camp was never unattended and you deserve it. Group members change, they never give up their spot.

Sure you could say they are "abusing the system" but from a GM perspective, it is a party with changing members that never leaves the camp unattended. There is no reason for that party to ever give it up.

No I'm not saying that. If two people in guild A are camping EE, and one person leaves but the other person can still hold it, that person should be allowed to. Even if someone else showed up before one of them.

What I'm imagining is more like this:

"I have the right to camp this spot, AND when I leave I have the right to hand it off to someone who isn't even here and will show up 5 seconds before I leave". Personally I never viewed camp rights as including hand off rights as well.

I guess then whoever he wants to hand it off to will just show up 5 minutes before the original camper leaves. To me it becomes a question of at what point is it a hand off and at what point is it a group simply changing members. In practice I realize it's pretty much impossible to consistently enforce. :(

Jokesteve
03-05-2010, 06:33 PM
I don't see what all the fuss is about.

1: No one has to let you in their group
2: If one member leaves and they have a replacement come they are obviously not going to stick around long after the new person arrives.

If you fail to see the logic in this, you might as well not log in to play.

Just my 2cp

Edit: The way the staff handled this is spectacular in my opinion, 2 thumbs up.

Hasbinbad
03-05-2010, 06:43 PM
I agree, the rules as they stand are classic and fair. If you can continue a rotation 24/7 on a camp by replacing yourself, then tough luck to others (and I have been on the losing end of this many times).

Taminy
03-05-2010, 06:54 PM
I don't see what all the fuss is about.

1: No one has to let you in their group
2: If one member leaves and they have a replacement come they are obviously not going to stick around long after the new person arrives.

If you fail to see the logic in this, you might as well not log in to play.

zzz, big difference between a disagreement of opinion, and if you don't see it my way then GTFO. Leave that to yourself.

I was merely stating my thoughts of the matter, if you noted I said even if I wanted it my way I said it would be pretty much impossible to enforce.

Jokesteve
03-05-2010, 07:22 PM
zzz, big difference between a disagreement of opinion, and if you don't see it my way then GTFO. Leave that to yourself.

I got just one question.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7714/umadbrouseempissedimpis.png

Taminy
03-05-2010, 07:58 PM
I got just one question.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/7714/umadbrouseempissedimpis.png

Not a bro, and not really.

Wenai
03-05-2010, 08:18 PM
In practice I realize it's pretty much impossible to consistently enforce. :(
That is the point I am trying to make. It pretty much boils down to a continuing group imo. I understand your frustration though.

Finawin
03-05-2010, 08:48 PM
That's how it always was, though.

It may not be "fair" but neither is it "fair" to the guild, group of friends, person at the camp who have put the effort in to have their camp jacked out from beneath them because of a minority's idea that they should get it because they sat there physically.

Hasbinbad
03-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Not a bro..
Suuuure bro. We all know you like Jack Johnson.. We were JUST up in your room talking about it with the Natty Ice and Game Cube.

Tsuken
03-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Just hand me a manastone already.

Kinamur1999
03-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Just hand me a manastone already.

Seems to be the mentality.

Shamaeso
03-06-2010, 08:13 PM
I find it amazing that with this EE camp and the recent AoF camp that I abided by the posted rules. I went sleepless and tried to compromise. I lost my cool once and raged on Drummond but I think we are ok I apologized to him for it. My frustration is we are trying to equip our guild-mates just as the guilds above us has done. WE try to be fair and all we get are threats, non-stop hate and even ks'd, plus the occasional Trains to wipe us out then claim the camp as another tactic used.

One thing consistent with EQ is there will always be those who because they sit anonymously behind a pc they can act without honor or integrity. They can talk in a crude fashion without any regards for others. They can use every means possible to push a guild group or raid over the edge by jumping the clearing process or in Krimz's case pulling over the cr's causing even more death.

In my situation yesterday it was said we stretch the rules and do not play nice. That being said why is it Krimz leader of In Virtue can wreck a raid and brag on it or Magicflow can come into a camp start a hate fest. Then it reaches a point where folks like Grimm just feel they deserve the camp and call in dps to push you off the camp.

You flame pikler on this thread, you flamed me at the camps but no where have you seen us flame you other guilds until i mention it here for the behavior you have shown as aggressive to us.

Pikler never hates he always says be fair compromise and keep the peace and yet where do the folks in IB, Transcendence, Europa who caused the events i mention in this post get hated on for their lack of honor and integrity/.

thrawnseg
03-06-2010, 09:35 PM
They can use every means possible to push a guild group or raid over the edge by jumping the clearing process or in Krimz's case pulling over the cr's causing even more death.

In my situation yesterday it was said we stretch the rules and do not play nice. That being said why is it Krimz leader of In Virtue can wreck a raid and brag on it or Magicflow can come into a camp start a hate fest. Then it reaches a point where folks like Grimm just feel they deserve the camp and call in dps to push you off the camp.

Is that the real Krimz from the Progression servers??

Shamaeso
03-06-2010, 09:55 PM
In Virtue monk on our server

Finawin
03-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Same person to my knowledge assuming it isn't an impersonator.

atvaata
03-06-2010, 10:52 PM
calling in dps to jack someones camp is pretty shitty. Im going to bring a huge group down there and just start killing everything, fuck em.

thrawnseg
03-07-2010, 01:44 AM
It was a joke from his other thread....

xblade724
03-08-2010, 04:40 AM
Personally, I would have took manastone out of the game -before- announcing when it would be taken out to prevent BS like this. If anyone QQ's, just say "part of progression"

nilbog
03-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Personally, I would have took manastone out of the game -before- announcing when it would be taken out to prevent BS like this. If anyone QQ's, just say "part of progression"

You missed page 4 I guess. People have already said this here, but I'll requote my opinion. Even with the extra time, I still got bribery offers and hate mail. I could kindly tell them that they had another week or two to try and get their items, and to stfu.

Would've been better if they had just removed everything when SolRo was implemented instead of announcing it.

Better for whom? By giving extra time not only do we allow for the people wanting to get the items more time, but we stop petitions and bribe offers of.. "this is the only reason i'm playing", "thanks for no warning", etc etc.

Shamaeso
03-08-2010, 12:04 PM
but but I played Nilbog's porn stash backwards and now I must camp them

Pikle
03-09-2010, 03:44 AM
I got a pretty good idea today! Pass out manastones to anyone who is over lvl 35!!! Will help gear up Gothic Circle and drop the price down of manastones so those who camped them for money will feel a bit dumber :)

Oh and as for this thread... it's EQ, welcome and enjoy.

Alawen Everywhere
03-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Now that this is a dead topic, I'd like to share my Manastone experience.

I spent an entire day of my life waiting for the camp. I was second in line when I began my vigil. Others would come and wait for a while and then leave. After a few hours, the camp was turned over and I was first in line. As I approached 30 hours awake, the person holding the camp decided he was going to stay up all night instead of getting a few hours of sleep before going to work. As soon as I left, he turned the camp over to someone else who already had two stones.

So what did I do? I could have gotten really pissed off. I could have nerd raged and made some enemies. I could have taken a passive-aggressive approach and put them on ignore. I could have come to the boards and flamed everyone involved, including the developer staff, alienating a large percentage of the server. Those things might have even been fun for a moment or two, but none of them would have gotten me a Manastone. Did I really want the Manastone camp? Not really. It would have been kind of find to loot it myself, but what I really wanted was a MANASTONE.

So what I did was go to sleep. Then I woke up and began to farm. Really farm. I quested Stein of Moggok, Hero Bracers and Gem Inlaid Gauntlets. I killed hill giants. I killed spectres. I ported everyone who advertised or sent me a tell. I searched less popular areas for named mobs. I took every group I was offered at a camp with valuable loot. I saved about 22K and a good friend of mine from live lent me about another 6K and then I bought a Manastone for 28K.

My point is this: keep your eye on the prize. Do you really want the camp? Do you want to be part of a big flame board bitch fest? Or do you really want a Manastone? I really wanted a Manastone and I got it and let me tell you that it doesn't diminish my fun even the list bit that I bought my stone instead of looting it. After I was level 50 with a Manastone and some other good gear, I applied to a good guild and was fortunate enough to be accepted in no doubt partly because of my resourcefulness.

I've tried to calculate the number of stones on the server based on what people know about drop rates both before and after the change around the beginning of the year and the range everyone agrees to is somewhere between 250 and 400. That means there are far fewer manastones than players. Every time I log in and see my Manastone, I smile. I feel fortunate to be one of the lucky players on Project 1999 with a stone. When someone asks me for a port or a buff, I always try to remember that I have been rewarded for my efforts here and share a little of my advantage.

There are other items I would have loved to have on Project 1999. One was removed today and I will never have it. That prize, just like the Manastone, is now gone. It's time to set our sights on the next prize, whether that's a piece of loot or an experience or a new friend. Maybe you're the new friend. Maybe we'll share that experience or camp that loot together. See you in game.

guineapig
03-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Now that this is a dead topic, I'd like to share my Manastone experience.

I spent an entire day of my life waiting for the camp. I was second in line when I began my vigil. Others would come and wait for a while and then leave. After a few hours, the camp was turned over and I was first in line. As I approached 30 hours awake, the person holding the camp decided he was going to stay up all night instead of getting a few hours of sleep before going to work. As soon as I left, he turned the camp over to someone else who already had two stones.

So what did I do? I could have gotten really pissed off. I could have nerd raged and made some enemies. I could have taken a passive-aggressive approach and put them on ignore. I could have come to the boards and flamed everyone involved, including the developer staff, alienating a large percentage of the server. Those things might have even been fun for a moment or two, but none of them would have gotten me a Manastone. Did I really want the Manastone camp? Not really. It would have been kind of find to loot it myself, but what I really wanted was a MANASTONE.

So what I did was go to sleep. Then I woke up and began to farm. Really farm. I quested Stein of Moggok, Hero Bracers and Gem Inlaid Gauntlets. I killed hill giants. I killed spectres. I ported everyone who advertised or sent me a tell. I searched less popular areas for named mobs. I took every group I was offered at a camp with valuable loot. I saved about 22K and a good friend of mine from live lent me about another 6K and then I bought a Manastone for 28K.

My point is this: keep your eye on the prize. Do you really want the camp? Do you want to be part of a big flame board bitch fest? Or do you really want a Manastone? I really wanted a Manastone and I got it and let me tell you that it doesn't diminish my fun even the list bit that I bought my stone instead of looting it. After I was level 50 with a Manastone and some other good gear, I applied to a good guild and was fortunate enough to be accepted in no doubt partly because of my resourcefulness.

I've tried to calculate the number of stones on the server based on what people know about drop rates both before and after the change around the beginning of the year and the range everyone agrees to is somewhere between 250 and 400. That means there are far fewer manastones than players. Every time I log in and see my Manastone, I smile. I feel fortunate to be one of the lucky players on Project 1999 with a stone. When someone asks me for a port or a buff, I always try to remember that I have been rewarded for my efforts here and share a little of my advantage.

There are other items I would have loved to have on Project 1999. One was removed today and I will never have it. That prize, just like the Manastone, is now gone. It's time to set our sights on the next prize, whether that's a piece of loot or an experience or a new friend. Maybe you're the new friend. Maybe we'll share that experience or camp that loot together. See you in game.

I am liking this guy right here! :D
Wonderful attitude!

Finawin
03-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah, I've talked to him a bit already when the retarded vztz crew showed up.

I like him.

Hasbinbad
03-09-2010, 03:21 PM
Alawen is getting a fan club.
I thought only chicks had fan clubs on mmo's. :P

guineapig
03-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Alawen is getting a fan club.
I thought only chicks had fan clubs on mmo's. :P

Your just envious :p
(me too)

Hasbinbad
03-09-2010, 04:13 PM
LoL, envious of your and finawin's affections?

Boom boom tsk boom boom "NOT!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdr4rWG98

guineapig
03-09-2010, 05:00 PM
LoL, envious of your and finawin's affections?

Boom boom tsk boom boom "NOT!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiHdr4rWG98

No, I meant about having a fan club in general. :cool:

I loved that song as a kid.

Hasbinbad
03-09-2010, 05:48 PM
No, I meant about having a fan club in general. :cool:

I loved that song as a kid.
Me too!
I had a A's hat that had huge block letters that said "NOT!" written in sharpie on the underside of the bill.

atvaata
03-10-2010, 02:15 AM
no one wants to hate on us GC for holding aof camp for its last 36 hours :D i was hoping for something interesting to read besides Zhao's QQing

Sword
03-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Alawen is IB alt don't be decieved. They are trying to convince you to farm plat so they can sell their spare duped manastones.

Trimm
03-10-2010, 11:44 AM
Now IB dupes? Thats a new one. Wonder what they will think of next.

guineapig
03-10-2010, 12:50 PM
Now IB dupes? Thats a new one. Wonder what they will think of next.

I hear IB already has their epics but they promised the GMs to keep them banked until the day Kunark is released.

true story. :p

Hasbinbad
03-10-2010, 01:30 PM
I hear IB already has their epics but they promised the GMs to keep them banked until the day Kunark is released.

true story. :p
Full Kunark armor sets too.

Trimm
03-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Full Kunark armor sets too.

Well, that's a given really. Divinity just got our kunark armor a few weeks ago so I'd assume IB had it already.... but duping? Thats just wrong guys.

Hasbinbad
03-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Well, that's a given really. Divinity just got our kunark armor a few weeks ago so I'd assume IB had it already.... but duping? Thats just wrong guys.
We only do it when the GM's tell us we're about to get a raid mob spawned.

Rali
03-10-2010, 03:00 PM
I asked Alawen for a SoW last night as I was running back to Neriak to get my lvl16 spells. I came away with a SoW, a gossamer robe and a Sacrificial Dagger. Nice guy!

Thanks Alawen :)

atvaata
03-11-2010, 05:50 AM
GC also has Gm lub, we raided nagafen and got 5 cryosilk robes and 3x encyclopedia necrotheurgias.

jk.

But Alawen is a stand-up guy!

Humerox
03-11-2010, 01:15 PM
We only do it when the GM's tell us we're about to get a raid mob spawned.

I'm pissed cuz they tell you before they tell us.

Hasbinbad
03-11-2010, 01:31 PM
They tell us first because if they don't, we DDOS.

Alawen Everywhere
03-11-2010, 04:52 PM
Alawen is IB alt don't be decieved. They are trying to convince you to farm plat so they can sell their spare duped manastones.

I understand that trolls get really hungry waiting underneath those bridges so here's a little morsel for you, Sword: I am in IB but Alawen is my main character.

Stonewall
03-11-2010, 05:30 PM

Wish they would quit telling us at 3am :(

Also, new avatar!