PDA

View Full Version : There should be a better option for the enchanter epic mobs.

Rayzor84
06-11-2015, 05:14 PM
So I spent days camping verina in window, with people there to assist if pop. Within the one hour that someone wasn't available she popped and I lost her, making the entire week a massive waste of time.

While I'm not faulting the people who did get her after their mind numbing 2 hours of socking, I feel there needs to be a better system. These 2 mobs are almost Co sisterly locked down by Rampage to begin with. The variance makes it so there's essentially no way to complete the epic without not only having a full 7 days, 24 hours per day yourself to watch this spawn, but also having others willing to do the same to get FTE. The insane variance coupled with how contested they are make it pretty much impossible for all but the most responsibility free individuals to finish it.

I understand there's a difference between being casual and not. But it shouldn't be an FTE race on top of a 7 day variance in which the mobs 2 days out of window isn't even known, because even being unemployed that's damn near impossible to achieve. Couple that with Rampage permaparking there and it's a shit fest.

Is there nothing to be done with this? Maybe add a component to spawn the mobs upon a turn in, or make it a static pop every 48 to 72 hours? It's really shitty devoting the time to a character and doing the rest of the epic quest just to not finish it because there's not enough socks in my drawer to poop in, for the weeks upon weeks of full on staring at the screen and potentially losing fte.

It may not quite be classic but I feel like it'll relieve a major source of problems. There's absolutely no reason these 2 mobs need such a horrendous variance given how ridiculous it is to get them in the first place.

Tldr week wasted, pissed off.

LoliPops
06-11-2015, 05:16 PM
https://i.warosu.org/data/g/img/0433/80/1407123845834.gif

CharlesBarkley
06-11-2015, 05:23 PM
bitch

Rayzor84
06-11-2015, 05:24 PM
bitch

Pure and absolute quality ty bro

Swish
06-11-2015, 06:19 PM
At least nobody is MQing, make a rogue and try and complete your own epic - scumbag resellers everywhere.

Rayzor84
06-11-2015, 06:22 PM
At least nobody is MQing, make a rogue and try and complete your own epic - scumbag resellers everywhere.

This is true. Still it astounds me how many chanters apparently need epics here. You figure these mobs die once a week at the worst, once every 48 hours at best, so a chanter epic a week. I just don't see that many 55+ chanters running around to where this is still so highly contested. There should be enough of these mobs to go around when u consider the numbers vs the upper level chanters u see without epics. It is baffling.

nhdjoseywales
06-11-2015, 06:45 PM
solo her. dal gives the strat in the caster forums

Magikarp
06-11-2015, 06:54 PM
got mine on red because after she was up for 2 days

was cool

Rayzor84
06-11-2015, 06:54 PM

Possible but still involves socking her, with time I don't have :/

Ele
06-11-2015, 07:32 PM
She is up all the time on red. Might be faster to reroll.

Swish
06-11-2015, 07:38 PM

You've probably got one shot at her before another crew moves in. Think you can do it without practice? RNG is very much involved, one heal and your goose is likely cooked.

OP has pals, I'd do the same thing but have the insurance there to help finish her.

Man0warr
06-11-2015, 08:10 PM
It's no where near as bad as it used to be to find those mobs - I know Verina was up for over an hour a couple weeks ago, that used to never happen.

Your best chance is to nab them on a repop when everyone else is killing raid mobs.

nhdjoseywales
06-11-2015, 08:20 PM
You've probably got one shot at her before another crew moves in. Think you can do it without practice? RNG is very much involved, one heal and your goose is likely cooked.

OP has pals, I'd do the same thing but have the insurance there to help finish her.

since the other option that actually happened was watch someone else take the mob, yes i would absolutely try to solo it

nhdjoseywales
06-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Possible but still involves socking her, with time I don't have :/

yeah, thats the shitty part for sure. i think i saw you logged in there yesterday when i logged my checker in

Rayzor84
06-11-2015, 09:25 PM
yeah, thats the shitty part for sure. i think i saw you logged in there yesterday when i logged my checker in

Yeah I was there since early Tuesday morning. Who was your checker?

The only other thing I can think of is to use knowledge of her window now. Maybe sock her for a bit during the day we'll I to her wi dow, and run logs at night to see if she's killed. Not having the overnight will probably cause me to miss her alot still though.

Rayzor84
06-11-2015, 09:27 PM
It's no where near as bad as it used to be to find those mobs - I know Verina was up for over an hour a couple weeks ago, that used to never happen.

Your best chance is to nab them on a repop when everyone else is killing raid mobs.

This is an option. It'd have to be a quake though. I parked there for the server reset and 3 other guilds also parked there. I logged in as soon as the server came up and still was slower than half the people I saw camping. She didn't pop though.

Rararboker
06-11-2015, 09:51 PM
Complaining about Verina?

Could be worse. Make a wizard and try to complete that epic then come back.

nhdjoseywales
06-11-2015, 10:49 PM
Yeah I was there since early Tuesday morning. Who was your checker?

The only other thing I can think of is to use knowledge of her window now. Maybe sock her for a bit during the day we'll I to her wi dow, and run logs at night to see if she's killed. Not having the overnight will probably cause me to miss her alot still though.

Bralelven

Rayzor84
06-12-2015, 07:06 AM
Bralelven

Yup I saw ya pop in a couple times lol. Saw many people come and go

Gimp
06-12-2015, 07:40 AM
Just figured I'd clear this up.

Nobody is preparking toons at VT and VD (lol at idea that we would). We just mobilize extremely fast when we need to.

Carry on.

Slathar
06-12-2015, 08:00 AM
So I spent days camping verina in window, with people there to assist if pop. Within the one hour that someone wasn't available she popped and I lost her, making the entire week a massive waste of time.

While I'm not faulting the people who did get her after their mind numbing 2 hours of socking, I feel there needs to be a better system. These 2 mobs are almost Co sisterly locked down by Rampage to begin with. The variance makes it so there's essentially no way to complete the epic without not only having a full 7 days, 24 hours per day yourself to watch this spawn, but also having others willing to do the same to get FTE. The insane variance coupled with how contested they are make it pretty much impossible for all but the most responsibility free individuals to finish it.

I understand there's a difference between being casual and not. But it shouldn't be an FTE race on top of a 7 day variance in which the mobs 2 days out of window isn't even known, because even being unemployed that's damn near impossible to achieve. Couple that with Rampage permaparking there and it's a shit fest.

Is there nothing to be done with this? Maybe add a component to spawn the mobs upon a turn in, or make it a static pop every 48 to 72 hours? It's really shitty devoting the time to a character and doing the rest of the epic quest just to not finish it because there's not enough socks in my drawer to poop in, for the weeks upon weeks of full on staring at the screen and potentially losing fte.

It may not quite be classic but I feel like it'll relieve a major source of problems. There's absolutely no reason these 2 mobs need such a horrendous variance given how ridiculous it is to get them in the first place.

have you considered red?

Rayzor84
06-12-2015, 08:17 AM
have you considered red?

Maybe if I could charm players, I'd roll a red enchanter :P

Kileras
06-12-2015, 09:04 AM
gotta do it on resets and earthquakes. we have been lucky, but despite being one of the newer class R guilds we have scored 3 or 4 chanter epics in the last 2 months.

Daldaen
06-12-2015, 09:08 AM
As I mentioned earlier.

A 60 Enchanter can solo the spawn, you just have to have a decent strategy, wand of allure, and be prepared.

Also as I said earlier, killing her during her window is illadviced, lots of life time wasted. Bind there and on a simulated repop, go there immediately. Yes, Sim repop can be few and far between. But it's vastly superior to camping her (IMO).

For the last 4 repop a I've been around for, three of them I checked her after my guild had killed 1 or 2 dragons. Maybe 10-20minutes. She was down or someone was on her corpse each time. The most recent sim repop, I went for her immediately while my guild killed Sev. Yea, I missed out on a kill but I got the hardest part of the epic done. (While I was killing her a level 1 character named Meowkun watched, a tracker I've seen there many days)

An honest problem with Verina, is people will set up level 1 characters AFKed at the spawn, and leave them on their work computer with a different IP or something. This computer is setup to read a log file and send an email if they get a "Verina Tomb begins to cast a spell" log. GMs really need to boot these AFK'd level 1s to desktops if they're online for days.

People used to have a thread in the Caster section listing the time of death of Vessel/Verina, so that chanters could save themselves the 2 days of tracking when not in window. However that seems to have ceased happening.

I agree with you, variance is one of the dumbest things in the world that favors the unemployed neckbeards over your average player. However on this mob specifically, it is classic. 2000-2001 enchanters talk constantly about when they caught it up and how it ranges from 2-7 days randomly. You won't convince the devs to change this. Because as is always quoted, "Epics aren't for everyone".

What should change is the non-classic variance on Kunark raid mobs that further encourages basement-dwelling-neckbeards to poopsock for 16 hours a day. Variance doesn't help preventing poopsocking. It just extends it and pushes casual guilds out of competing.

Champion_Standing
06-12-2015, 09:31 AM
pretty much impossible for all but the most responsibility free individuals to finish it

What you expect to be a successful EQ player and successful IRL?

ROFLMAO

Samoht
06-12-2015, 09:35 AM
An honest problem with Verina, is people will set up level 1 characters AFKed at the spawn, and leave them on their work computer with a different IP or something. This computer is setup to read a log file and send an email if they get a "Verina Tomb begins to cast a spell" log. GMs really need to boot these AFK'd level 1s to desktops if they're online for days.

Why would they do that? This isn't against the rules.

Rayzor84
06-12-2015, 10:12 AM

It definitely should be, it'd clean some of the problem up.

Dald, I'll have to get a CH item to make the solo work so I'll work on that.

As for pets, will I really have time on a repop to run across the zone to grab a blue pet, then get back before she is engaged? And if I pull her to the pet instead, will I get nuked down/rooted?

cs616
06-12-2015, 10:36 AM
Stop being a bitch. Either camp the mob, or dont do your epic. Every single enchanter with epic on this server had to do it, and many other classes have much more difficult epics. The staff doeent base their changes on what your willing or unwilling to do.

Daldaen
06-12-2015, 10:36 AM

It's against the rules if it is set up on a computer like a work computer. For example:

You leave work today for the weekend with that character logged in. Level 1 on Work IP. No one is at the keyboard until Monday morning on this character.

You come home and neckbeards in Sebilis this weekend on your Enchanter.

This violates the 1 person 1 character rule of the server. Because you have 2 characters logged in, 1 just happens to be an AFK throw away toon logged onto your work.

However if you set it up on your home computer before you go to sleep, that's less against the rules. But the GMs will kick you off if you are AFKing with a pet to kill things, it isn't too much of a stretch to imagine they will kick your AFK level 1s running log parser that auto email you if a certain log is triggered.

@Rayzor, I pulled her to the pet. Primarily because I was a Druid and didn't have DE illusion, so the guards would've had to have been cleared. I got 1 nuke (resisted with probably 150 MR) before I got out of line of sight. Just stack up some MR gear and GRM yourself + Rune V yourself. You should be fine. It takes her about 30 seconds to get to catch you back there with SoW/Levitate (run the route beforehand so you know where you're going).

So you have to be quick if you intend on prepping your pet with junk buffs. Level 4 Mez -> level 4 Root -> Tash -> Charm -> Strength when Mez ends -> likely have to /pet attack Verina at this point, if he is still rooted be aware and make sure she has to run through your pet to get to you -> Bracer of Hidden/See invis pet when root ends -> Haste -> Feedback.

Your pets push is crucial to succeeding the fight. So make sure your pet doesn't pin her into a wall. There's a nice long walkway/bridge to that building that you can use.

I'd say spend most of the fight mana draining her. If you are feeling lucky you can try slowing her but if you generate a lot of aggro, your pet may take a bit to regain it on a break and you likely cannot tank her for more than a few rounds. Possibly try memblurring her after a few failed slow attempts if you're worried about aggro.

If she ever CHs you are likely in trouble. There is a secondary pet in the same building who is mediocre and you can try to grab a guard in a pinch if she is near the end of her health. If she CHs though you definitely have to get more aggressive and try to land a slow and start runeing your pet.

Man0warr
06-12-2015, 10:48 AM

It's against the rules to have two characters logged in from different IPs, one being AFK.

But I don't see how just having 1 account logged in with logs on can be illegal. Whatever happens to the logged data afterwards is no one's business (unless it's used to generate a zone map which some people have done).

Otherwise you'd have to ban people parsing their logs for DPS numbers, as well as the EQ Auctions website that relies on people in EC Tunnel streaming their logs to a website.

Samoht
06-12-2015, 11:00 AM
It definitely should be, it'd clean some of the problem up.

What is the actual problem, though? That you're bad at camping VT/VD? How many enchanter epics are there on this server and you are the ONE who thinks they should just have it handed to them? It's called an EPIC quest for a reason for christsake.

However if you set it up on your home computer before you go to sleep, that's less against the rules.

If by "less against the rules" you mean "not against the rules at all" then you're correct. It is not against the rules to casually track a mob.

But the GMs will kick you off if you are AFKing with a pet to kill things, it isn't too much of a stretch to imagine they will kick your AFK level 1s

It's actually a huge stretch to try to paint people AFK leveling with aggro pets and people casually AFK camping a mob with a rather large variance.

It's against the rules to have two characters logged in from different IPs, one being AFK.

If people are actually doing this, I'm inclined to agree, but to posit that every level one camped at VT/VD are bots set up from a VPN is quite a stretch.

But I don't see how just having 1 account logged in with logs on can be illegal. Whatever happens to the logged data afterwards is no one's business (unless it's used to generate a zone map which some people have done).

Otherwise you'd have to ban people parsing their logs for DPS numbers, as well as the EQ Auctions website that relies on people in EC Tunnel streaming their logs to a website.

Zactly.

nhdjoseywales
06-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Yup I saw ya pop in a couple times lol. Saw many people come and go

yeah, i made it last week to start checking on her. first time i logged in there were a couple other level 1 toons camping the room and the next day you were there so i logged and figured she was due very soon. hope you get her man.

Mulek
06-12-2015, 11:40 AM

Over 3 weeks myself. Suck it up, buttercup.

derpcake
06-12-2015, 11:56 AM
the better option is available, its called r99

Colgate
06-12-2015, 12:27 PM
Maybe if I could charm players, I'd roll a red enchanter :P

imagine if you could just kill the other people camping the mob you want

Samoht
06-12-2015, 12:38 PM
Yeah, and when you're done, you could click your chanter epic on yourself all day without running into anybody else for you to click it on.

Troubled
06-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Yeah, and when you're done, you could click your chanter epic on yourself all day without running into anybody else for you to click it on.

No one with a hand in the blue raid scene is allowed to talk shit about red.

Doors
06-12-2015, 03:33 PM

I can't wait to hear your crying on these forums whenever Velious releases. Have fun waiting 2 years for Lodizal.

Samoht
06-12-2015, 03:38 PM
Have fun waiting 2 years for Lodizal.

I've been playing here for four years now. Seems like I'm in no hurry. I've got plenty of time.

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-12-2015, 03:41 PM
fuck the epic

iruinedyourday
06-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Red is a great option, she's up every day there!

iruinedyourday
06-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Ps nirgon, remember when you got me to convert with this same post :)

Rayzor84
06-12-2015, 06:52 PM
imagine if you could just kill the other people camping the mob you want

How do u even PvP with an enchanter though? Send a charmed pet at a player and stun lock them? I wouldn't even know.

Colgate
06-12-2015, 09:18 PM
solo enchanter has a pretty hard time getting kills

if the person doesn't have great gear, you could theoretically root them and send a charmed pet on them, but you may be fucked if they dispel your pet and get on you

enchanter is an amazing support class that sets up kills for people

it's not a life of glory, but i would say enchanter is one of the best pvp classes in the game

Tiggles
06-12-2015, 09:28 PM
Verina Tomb is currently up on red.

SamwiseRed
06-12-2015, 10:01 PM
always up on red. yikes

Naprox
06-13-2015, 12:19 PM
Just figured I'd clear this up.

Nobody is preparking toons at VT and VD (lol at idea that we would). We just mobilize extremely fast when we need to.

Carry on.

If you're not pre-parking toons on blue you are an idiot that will never get this completed.

I camped Verina for 3 spawns non-stop. Each time I lost her to Rampage who had at least 1 full group if not 2 there within 60 secs of her spawn.

This last spawn I had help from my guildmates and we got her. Fortunately, Asgard decided to raid Hate 10 mins before she popped and left when they had a full group there waiting.

So yes, you either park toons there for when she does pop or you go without your epic on blue. It's that simple. It's silly that an epic would have mobs of this variance, but like someone else said, at least it's not nearly as retarded as wizard or necro epic.

Rayzor84
06-13-2015, 01:00 PM
If you're not pre-parking toons on blue you are an idiot that will never get this completed.

I camped Verina for 3 spawns non-stop. Each time I lost her to Rampage who had at least 1 full group if not 2 there within 60 secs of her spawn.

This last spawn I had help from my guildmates and we got her. Fortunately, Asgard decided to raid Hate 10 mins before she popped and left when they had a full group there waiting.

So yes, you either park toons there for when she does pop or you go without your epic on blue. It's that simple. It's silly that an epic would have mobs of this variance, but like someone else said, at least it's not nearly as retarded as wizard or necro epic.

This entirely.

The worst part is I had a feeling that if my group left to hate I'd end up missing her as I had someone with me and someone parked most of the time I was socking her. Lo and behold, as soon as I left she popped. And I left because I knew that without help and with AG sitting there I'd have lost her regardless.

Raev
06-13-2015, 01:10 PM

I've gotten 2-3 enchanter epics by firepotting in on Loraen for Vessel and Verina.

Rayzor84
06-16-2015, 09:46 AM
Giving up on this epic quest.

Lost her again by 15 minutes. Seems like I sock her continuously, then for the little while I have to afk for real life she pops without fail. I simply don't have the means to be available 24/7, life happens.

Unless you are extremely lucky, which I am not, this epic is not for anyone with any life obligations whatsoever. It truly requires continual night and day socking with people there doing the same to help you.

Swish
06-16-2015, 09:48 AM
Giving up on this epic quest.

Lost her again by 15 minutes. Seems like I sock her continuously, then for the little while I have to afk for real life she pops without fail. I simply don't have the means to be available 24/7, life happens.

Unless you are extremely lucky, which I am not, this epic is not for anyone with any life obligations whatsoever. It truly requires continual night and day socking with people there doing the same to help you.

which guild got her this time?

Rayzor84
06-16-2015, 09:49 AM
which guild got her this time?

Rampage.

Swish
06-16-2015, 09:51 AM
Probably someone's 7th alt has his then :/

Rayzor84
06-16-2015, 09:53 AM
Probably someone's 7th alt has his then :/

Level 53 too, gonna be pretty pimp in KC.

falkun
06-16-2015, 10:18 AM
Its an epic, not everyone gets it. You're an ENC, your epic is middle tier at best. Calm down and grow up instead of all this whining.

Rayzor84
06-16-2015, 10:20 AM
Its an epic, not everyone gets it. You're an ENC, your epic is middle tier at best. Calm down and grow up instead of all this whining.

Let's be honest, a non epic 60 chanter is a gimp chanter.

bktroost
06-16-2015, 10:21 AM
When you have to wait 4 years for a mage staff, give me a call.

Sadre Spinegnawer
06-16-2015, 10:25 AM
^^ this.

And compared to the mage epic, the enc epic??

fuck the enc epic. it sucked when it was discovered on live and I was already 60 with VoG, and it sucks now.

Rayzor84
06-16-2015, 10:30 AM
^^ this.

And compared to the mage epic, the enc epic??

fuck the enc epic. it sucked when it was discovered on live and I was already 60 with VoG, and it sucks now.

This is a valid point. If it had click VoG then maybe it'd be better, with SoS the 60 spell. Still, it's BiS :/

bktroost
06-16-2015, 10:37 AM
If it took me 1 year of having people constantly contesting ench epic i'd consider myself lucky.

4 years of needing 30 people to jump out of bed in the middle of the night for a contested mob that rarely drops the item. That's what it takes for some epics.

The game is not easy, no one is entitled to getting items.

Daldaen
06-16-2015, 10:54 AM
As I've stated previously.

You don't need to have no life and you don't need to be absurdly lucky to complete this. I play a fair amount, but between midnight-6pm every weekday I'm basically asleep or at work, so I'm only available to be only 25% of the day and guess what, I'm not on all the time.

I spent 0 time poopsocking Verina or Vessel. Got each on different sim repops. Just bind nearby, and be ready to solo them.

You are being too impatient with your epic. When you're impatient like that, you're bound to poopsock like you have and waste days only for a simple lapse in attention to make it completely wasted time.

Just hang around and group in Seb or HS or Chardok or roll an alt, and when the world shakes or the server goes down for a patch, gate to Neriak first thing and solo her.

If you absolutely must have your epic in 5 days time feel free to continue sitting on the spawn I guess. But don't be surprised when you are continually disappointed because a guild like Rampage has a lot of people ready to come own Verina in the drop of a hat. Get them on a respawn and those sorts of quick mobilizing folk are busy killing Dragons.

Rayzor84
06-16-2015, 10:59 AM
As I've stated previously.

You don't need to have no life and you don't need to be absurdly lucky to complete this. I play a fair amount, but between midnight-6pm every weekday I'm basically asleep or at work, so I'm only available to be only 25% of the day and guess what, I'm not on all the time.

I spent 0 time poopsocking Verina or Vessel. Got each on different sim repops. Just bind nearby, and be ready to solo them.

You are being too impatient with your epic. When you're impatient like that, you're bound to poopsock like you have and waste days only for a simple lapse in attention to make it completely wasted time.

Just hang around and group in Seb or HS or Chardok or roll an alt, and when the world shakes or the server goes down for a patch, gate to Neriak first thing and solo her.

If you absolutely must have your epic in 5 days time feel free to continue sitting on the spawn I guess. But don't be surprised when you are continually disappointed because a guild like Rampage has a lot of people ready to come own Verina in the drop of a hat. Get them on a respawn and those sorts of quick mobilizing folk are busy killing Dragons.

This is the best way I think. I'm just extremely nervous about trying to solo her and dying. Sow will likely have faded by the time this happens, and I still need to go out and quest a CH item. Plus luck on landing spells, pulling her back to a the blue con pet without dying on the way, etc. It's effort free in terms of socking but still very risky.

bktroost
06-16-2015, 11:07 AM
I don't understand why people outside of guilds are always angry at people inside guilds for losing mobs to them. If you are thinking "how do I get such and such item" and you choose to do it through a guild that means you put in time and pay dues and the guild invests in you in return by sweeping in and getting fte on mobs.

It's the same thing as waiting in line to get VT, it's just that the line is in a different location.

Some recruitment processes are 3 month long things. You have no idea what the other person has sacrificed or not sacrificed when thier guild goes in.

Rayzor84
06-16-2015, 11:08 AM
I don't understand why people outside of guilds are always angry at people inside guilds for losing mobs to them. If you are thinking "how do I get such and such item" and you choose to do it through a guild that means you put in time and pay dues and the guild invests in you in return by sweeping in and getting fte on mobs.

It's the same thing as waiting in line to get VT, it's just that the line is in a different location.

Some recruitment processes are 3 month long things. You have no idea what the other person has sacrificed or not sacrificed when thier guild goes in.

Who said I was unguilded?

Samoht
06-16-2015, 11:09 AM
You can improve your odds of not dying by turning in lots of red wine (http://wiki.project1999.com/Bottle_of_Red_Wine) at the library in order to improve your status with various factions around Neriak Third Gate.

Rayzor84
06-16-2015, 11:10 AM
You can improve your odds of not dying by turning in lots of red wine (http://wiki.project1999.com/Bottle_of_Red_Wine) at the library in order to improve your status with various factions around Neriak Third Gate.

It's not the factions I'm worried about since I can DE illusion.

It's her beating on my back/rooting/nuking me while I pull her.

bktroost
06-16-2015, 11:14 AM
Who said I was unguilded?

Oh, I assumed. Most guilds exert resources to assist in tracking this mob and ensuring a kill on pop by precamping toons.

Daldaen
06-16-2015, 11:22 AM
This is the best way I think. I'm just extremely nervous about trying to solo her and dying. Sow will likely have faded by the time this happens, and I still need to go out and quest a CH item. Plus luck on landing spells, pulling her back to a the blue con pet without dying on the way, etc. It's effort free in terms of socking but still very risky.

Welcome to EQ. Risk yields rewards.

If you die, so what? You're level 60, exp isn't a huge deal and getting a Rez in Neriak isn't the most challenging thing in the world if the exp matters to you.

SoW is 36min, carry a 100plat potion on you and click it before you gate if you're in an outdoor zone when one happens. The Reaper quest can be streaky with RNG but it isn't bad.

Really, I don't think you need to land any spells on her at all to be honest. On my Druid I had 70% Haste and 32 DS on my pet (plus DWing weapons). Enchanter can do 70% and 11 DS. I did heal a bit with Robe clicks but I doubt I put more than 2000 HP back into the pets life. That's like 3 Rune V's. You would only really need to worry about sticking a slow if she channels a CH.

You shouldn't die on the way back, if you are in DE illusion its very easy, just tag and run. You'll eat 1 nuke maybe before you get out of her LoS. It won't even break Rune V + Bedlam. Likely you can resist if you have some okay MR gear or at the very least get a partial.

Or... Continue socking, call in some friends, and play an extremely small role in the actual kill for your epic piece. And possibly get out mobilized by another guild, then end up back here.

I'd opt to try soloing it 10x over socking it, cause challenges like that are fun, and if I fail, no skin off my back. I spent 10 min prepping for the fight after the earth shook. Maybe ate an exp death. I didn't waste hours or days of my life waiting for it to spawn. to each their own however.

Rayzor84
06-16-2015, 11:25 AM
Welcome to EQ. Risk yields rewards.

If you die, so what? You're level 60, exp isn't a huge deal and getting a Rez in Neriak isn't the most challenging thing in the world if the exp matters to you.

SoW is 36min, carry a 100plat potion on you and click it before you gate if you're in an outdoor zone when one happens. The Reaper quest can be streaky with RNG but it isn't bad.

Really, I don't think you need to land any spells on her at all to be honest. On my Druid I had 70% Haste and 32 DS on my pet (plus DWing weapons). Enchanter can do 70% and 11 DS. I did heal a bit with Robe clicks but I doubt I put more than 2000 HP back into the pets life. That's like 3 Rune V's. You would only really need to worry about sticking a slow if she channels a CH.

You shouldn't die on the way back, if you are in DE illusion its very easy, just tag and run. You'll eat 1 nuke maybe before you get out of her LoS. It won't even break Rune V + Bedlam. Likely you can resist if you have some okay MR gear or at the very least get a partial.

Or... Continue socking, call in some friends, and play an extremely small role in the actual kill for your epic piece. And possibly get out mobilized by another guild, then end up back here.

I'd opt to try soloing it 10x over socking it, cause challenges like that are fun, and if I fail, no skin off my back. I spent 10 min prepping for the fight after the earth shook. Maybe ate an exp death. I didn't waste hours or days of my life waiting for it to spawn. to each their own however.

I'm going to give this a shot then. As long as I can get her pulled back without dying I should have a chance. Thanks Dald. I have no ambition to park my toon in neriak for months, there's nothing fun about that.

nhdjoseywales
06-16-2015, 12:45 PM

got a CH scythe in EC forf 400 plat this week. keep looking, they are out there