PDA

View Full Version : Explaining EQ To My Wife Makes Me Sound Latently Gay

XDrake
10-03-2010, 09:17 AM
"NO HONEY! I CAN'T COME TO DINNER YET! The magical pegasus I have been trying to spawn all day is up! He drops a magical levitation cloak!"

"NOOOO! Just a few more spawns before bed, honey! I finally got this camp... Basically, a really rare ancient cyclops drops this ring which I give to a magical gnome who gives me enchanted boots that help me run fast!"

"This is Kedge... Yes honey, we're beating up sharks with our bare hands."

Mcgrubber
10-03-2010, 09:37 AM
hah i lol'd

Eccentricaa
10-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Your wife walks by and sees you prancing around as a little wood elf named bubbles...

Even worse, your wife walks by and sees you playing wow, with all the purples, pinks, sparkles, twinkles...

But your thread made me think of one of my favorite movies.. Brain Candy, by Kids in the Hall...

Quote:
Wally: Doctor, why do those types
[motions with hands]
Wally: keep thinking that I'm one of them?
Psychiatrist: Well, Wally, because you *are* one of them. You are gay. You are gay. You are a homosexual. The opposite of straight, you're gay. I know it. Your family knows it. DOGS know it! Everyone seems to know it except you.
Wally: Why am I not aware of it?
Psychiatrist: It's called denial.
Wally: Look, Doctor, are you just gonna sit there...and spew psychiatric mumbo jumbo at me all day?

VictoryARC
10-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Latently? Or blatantly?

jerkstore
10-03-2010, 05:57 PM
it affects his latency when he talks with his wife

Lucrio40
10-03-2010, 06:46 PM
This is Kedge... Yes honey, we're beating up sharks with our bare hands.

This makes you sound like a bad ass 80's action movie star.

RKromwell
10-03-2010, 07:07 PM
This is Kedge... Yes honey, we're beating up sharks with our bare hands.

This makes you sound like a bad ass 80's action movie star.

Or the Adam West Batman...

Curmudgen
10-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I hated saying Iksar out loud.

Japan
10-03-2010, 07:53 PM
anything-Elf is so much worse.

Humerox
10-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Latently? Or blatantly?

Both work lol

fuji
10-03-2010, 09:13 PM
No offense and I love EQ, but it is fucking ghey shit. I never tell anyone I play it because I dont like to tell them I play as an elf and kill fairies so I can get some nice boots.

quellren
10-03-2010, 09:23 PM
No offense and I love EQ, but it is fucking ghey shit. I never tell anyone I play it because I dont like to tell them I play as an elf and kill fairies so I can get some nice boots.

LoL. me either. Only other MMO gamers know I also play anything. I'm less guarded about the occasional HALO or Wii session, but it's not something I claim publicly as a hobby.
I don't admit to I play P99 to anyone IRL. I love P99, but....
Explaining that you play a 'Dungeons and Dragons' video game is hard.
Explaining that you play a remake of a 10 year old dungeons and dragons game is a quick way to be labeled as the loser of the group.

RKromwell
10-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Yea, try telling people that you still get together with your buddies on a Saturday night to play D&D...table top.

Telling people I play EQ is easy next to that one.

quellren
10-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Man, I've been harboring a burning desire to relive my old EQ days, like dreaming about it.
Even I snerk a little at table-top D&D.

taxi2
10-03-2010, 10:48 PM
lol its crazy how people are afraid to be viewed as gay these days, like theres something wrong with that or just the fact of being interested in a story makes you somehow effeminate (once again, as if being "effiminate" was wrong, and having no understanding of how alot of what we consider male and female behavior is a social construct).

I bet alot of people would say 8 guys and 1 girl getting together on friday night to play pretend medieval is pretty "faggy". Our dungeon master was an awesome storyteller, and he had music for each scenario, each step in the story. So for example when there was a climax and there was a big battle coming on, he would put music such as the horny theme from conan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZY2mRG5mzg . One of these guys now works in the cinema industry in Montreal.

Lots of the types of people that hang here would call this faggy, but it was really improvised acting, something actors in real life would mess around with to prepare for being an actor. Again an example, stephen Colbert was a roleplayer in his teenage years.

I think you people worry way too much about being viewed as homosexuals, like its some cartoonish concept of heterosexuality starring the marlboro man. Like damm, if i start dancing to this music, will other people think im a fag? can i cross my legs?

quellren
10-03-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm gonna speculate that in this context 'gay' means silly, given to flights of fancy and overall 'thats not what a dude sould do'
Not like playing games equals wanting a dick in the pooper.

It's a fine line to walk, I agree.

Also, I've kinda always wondered if Stephen Colbert was a closet homosexual. :)

Humerox
10-04-2010, 03:20 AM
l8 girls and 1 guy getting together on friday night ...there was a climax...starring the marlboro man.

Cool story!

Seriously tho, interest in tabletop gaming seems to be back on the upswing. I know it is in my part of the country; I used to have trouble finding anyone to play with at all, whereas now there are several gaming groups around here. Maybe people rediscovering socialization...

Mooshoo Pork
10-04-2010, 04:20 AM

The Irony. And now with this supposed classic experience, people want you to use "talkie" technology along in the game. Just had a meeting with guild I am in and damned if most everyone wants to have you join on some channel thing where you can listen to the "leaders" of the groups bark orders and say shit to you like why are you doing this and that. FFS no wonder I shy away from groups whilest I game.

hedbonker
10-04-2010, 12:10 PM
http://poorlydressed.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/129177182782829250.jpg

Dantes
10-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Whatever. I can tell my wife I'm an evil Dark Elf with a helmet that looks like a skull, who chops orcs in half with a giant axe. Maybe you should have picked a class that's less ghey! :p

fuji
10-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Whatever. I can tell my wife I'm an evil Dark Elf with a helmet that looks like a skull, who chops orcs in half with a giant axe. Maybe you should have picked a class that's less ghey! :p

Haha, too bad there is no animation for getting chopped in half and sometimes you are hitting thin air when you swing. EQ is really a text based game with repetitive animation, plus unless you are in first person view you dont see the skull but you stare at his butt all day. Maybe you are secretly ghey?

Dantes
10-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Don't forget I also have a mullet. How manly is that? I'm like a Redneck Smurf.

Zithax
10-05-2010, 01:17 AM
Maybe the way you explain everything is gay... maybe you are gay

Lill-Leif
10-05-2010, 07:28 AM
My girlfriend watched my monitor once when I was in an all-caster group and asked if we had a disco going on.

Seaweedpimp
10-05-2010, 02:19 PM
My girlfriend watched my monitor once when I was in an all-caster group and asked if we had a disco going on.

Hahahaha

fuji
10-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Maybe the way you explain everything is gay... maybe you are gay

I am ghey, what is your excuse?

Thrynn
10-10-2010, 11:23 PM
lol its crazy how people are afraid to be viewed as gay these days, like theres something wrong with that or just the fact of being interested in a story makes you somehow effeminate (once again, as if being "effiminate" was wrong, and having no understanding of how alot of what we consider male and female behavior is a social construct).

I bet alot of people would say 8 guys and 1 girl getting together on friday night to play pretend medieval is pretty "faggy". Our dungeon master was an awesome storyteller, and he had music for each scenario, each step in the story. So for example when there was a climax and there was a big battle coming on, he would put music such as the horny theme from conan http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZY2mRG5mzg . One of these guys now works in the cinema industry in Montreal.

Lots of the types of people that hang here would call this faggy, but it was really improvised acting, something actors in real life would mess around with to prepare for being an actor. Again an example, stephen Colbert was a roleplayer in his teenage years.

I think you people worry way too much about being viewed as homosexuals, like its some cartoonish concept of heterosexuality starring the marlboro man. Like damm, if i start dancing to this music, will other people think im a fag? can i cross my legs?

GTFO Hippie

oldhead
10-14-2010, 12:35 AM
"NO HONEY! I CAN'T COME TO DINNER YET! The magical pegasus I have been trying to spawn all day is up! He drops a magical levitation cloak!"

"NOOOO! Just a few more spawns before bed, honey! I finally got this camp... Basically, a really rare ancient cyclops drops this ring which I give to a magical gnome who gives me enchanted boots that help me run fast!"

"This is Kedge... Yes honey, we're beating up sharks with our bare hands."

You just made me think how awesome my wife can be.

She helped me track it for a spell then got to see the white flying pegasus that i killed for my magic cloak that gives lev. She was into it and also got pissed that I killed it, lol

Blindmensee
10-14-2010, 05:09 PM
BLACKINGOUT MY NAME NANANANNANA************ Who wants to nerd it up on a original Everquest private server?

my facebook satus.

Kender
10-14-2010, 06:32 PM
my wife dislikes me killing giant rats but has no problem with people

DekThai
10-14-2010, 08:00 PM
After I finished playing EQ for the evening, I got up and told my wife, "You pooped sock or what?"

She was like..."What??"

I said, "exactly...."

Until today, I still didn't know what it means and I really care of finding out, the word itself just priceless. /sigh, the sign of me getting old :)

Estolcles
10-14-2010, 08:04 PM
my wife dislikes me killing giant rats but has no problem with people

My pet rat looks at me with disgust any time he hears me killing rats.

I tell him at least his cage is behind the monitor so he doesn't have to see it too. :p