PDA

View Full Version : Druid SoV Debuffs

Speedi
10-28-2014, 12:37 PM
Any Druids had much luck with RFS? I can get FoR to land half the time on various bosses. But RFS seems to get resisted most of the time even after tash and malo on the boss. For example, there has been times where FoR will land, RFS will resist but our Fire nukes will land for full.

Daldaen
10-28-2014, 01:12 PM
Any Druids had much luck with RFS? I can get FoR to land half the time on various bosses. But RFS seems to get resisted most of the time even after tash and malo on the boss. For example, there has been times where FoR will land, RFS will resist but our Fire nukes will land for full.

RFS is a fire based debuff. Tash won't affect it though Malo will.

Also things that will help it land:

Necro Scent
Bard Occlusion
Bard Chant of Flame DoT
Druid Frost Nuke Debuff (likely useless if it's an ice mob)
Druid Breath of Ro

RFS shouldn't resist any more than a Wildfire should.

Speedi
10-28-2014, 01:25 PM
Yea I know it's fire based, was just pointing out I would wait till tash/malo on before attempting. But I agree Dal, I just don't get it though. Can get FoR to land bout 35% of the time. Fire nukes hit for full mostly, ain't had much luck with RFS though. I been doing all you mentioned above minus Druid cold nuke line. Will try that next. Although I don't remember having to do all that years ago to get it to land. Thanks for the reply

Technique
10-28-2014, 05:03 PM
RFS shouldn't resist any more than a Wildfire should.It should resist a whole hell of a lot less than that, considering it's supposed to have a -200 resist mod.

nilbog
10-28-2014, 05:04 PM
2002-09-04 11:33 Changed Resistadj from 0 to -200

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=1437&source=Live

Technique
10-28-2014, 05:15 PM
2002-09-04 11:33 Removed Slot 1: Lure(6)

Discussion on Druids Grove after noticing that change on the test server (http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-1452.html)

EQCaster's parse from the Trilogy cd spdat (8/22/01):
Ro`s Fiery Sundering

Dragon Resistance
Decrease Fire Resist from 37 (L39) to 42 (L60)
Decrease Armor Class (AC) from 6 (L39) to 8 (L60)Dragon Roar and other negative resist mod effects in that class share the same classification. Lucy also shows they shared the same Lure(6) effect in slot 1.

Apparently all spells with a -resist mod had a Lure(3/4/5/6) slot prior to PoP.

Lure(3/4) spells are labeled as "moderate to resist" and "hard to resist", respectively, in EQCaster, but both correspond to a -100 resist adjust in the Lucy history.

Lure(5), which included all the wizard lure nukes, is labeled as "very hard to resist" and oddly corresponds to -300, because the Lure(6) spells, "dragon resistance", are only -150/-200.

Daldaen
10-29-2014, 12:49 PM
2002-09-04 11:33 Changed Resistadj from 0 to -200

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=1437&source=Live

This was my understanding as well.

But technique is on to something.

The resist change patch on 2002-9-04 was where they revamped how tesists worked and as Technique explained it goes from a Lure (x) to a -xxx resist mod.

I'm inclined to suggest keeping -xxx resist mods unless you can figure out how to implement/balance the Lure component which is basically the same thing just a different way of showing it.

Man0warr
10-29-2014, 05:16 PM
Yeah they got rid of the "Lure" component of spells (which were defined variables) and started to use the "resistadj" component to modify the resist mod in Planes of Power beta. Mechanically it was the same it just gave them more freedom to change how spells worked instead of defining "Lure" levels.

Daldaen
04-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Bump. This is resisting more than it should, Technique brougthup solid evidence after Nilbog's reply indicating that the 0 to -200 resist adjustment was due to the removal of all Lure (X) effects and replacement via resist adjustment mods.

Can a dev verify that this spell correctly has a resist modifier. This is the spell data from the goldmine of spdata files Ele found:

Ro`s Fiery Sundering
Dragon Resistance
Decrease Fire Resist from 37 (L39) to 42 (L60)
Decrease Armor Class (AC) from 6 (L39) to 8 (L60)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes: Dru (L39)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Range to Target: 200 feet

Skill: Evocation
Allowable Targets: All

Resistance Check: Fire + 5

Mana Required: 50
Spell Duration: 50 ticks (5.0 minutes)
Duration Formula: 1
Casting Time: 3.50 seconds
Spell Recovery: 2.50 seconds
Recast Delay: 6.0 seconds

Spell cast on you: You are immolated by blazing flames.
Spell cast on someone: Soandso is immolated by blazing flames.
Spell fades: The flames die down.

Looking at Dragon Fear (a -150 resist check spell after change, also a Lure (6) in Lucy History (http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellhistory.html?id=789&source=Live)), it also has the same description in this spell parser:

Dragon Roar
Dragon Resistance
Fear

Classes: None

Area Effect Range: 300 feet

Skill: Instantaneous
Allowable Targets: Point Blank AoE

Resistance Check: Magic

Spell Duration: 3 ticks (18 seconds)
Duration Formula: 7
Recast Delay: 36.0 seconds

When someone casts: Soandso lets loose a mighty roar.
Spell cast on you: You flee in terror.
Spell fades: You are no longer afraid.

So both spells have a history in Lucy with a -XXX Resist check being added in 2002 as well as a Lure (6) line being removed. They also show a "Dragon Resistance" part of their description in a 2001 Spell data Parser of a spdata file from January 2001.

In Summary:

Ro' Fiery Sundering needs a -150-200 resist check added to it to make it damn near unresistable.

Speedi
04-07-2015, 11:02 PM
Yes as I stated months ago, they are very resistant. There are some fights where I can get FoR to land, but not RFS. And RFS is suppose to be -200 check. That right there tells me something wrong. With that said, it still takes repeated casts over and over to get either to stick. I raided during this era on live. And I don't remember them being resisted like this.

Edit: Thank you Dal for digging up some concrete evidence to justify the dev's giving this another look

Daldaen
04-09-2015, 10:43 AM
Bump. Big druid issue. This spe is rather important, and needs its resist check fixed before launch.

Speedi
04-22-2015, 10:17 AM
No reply from the dev's yet! What's going on guys!?

/bump

Luniz
04-23-2015, 03:12 PM
this could affect a whole lot of other spells, especially on the pvp server

Tameth
04-25-2015, 09:22 PM
Bump!

kanras
05-15-2015, 01:19 AM
-200, pending update.

Speedi
05-15-2015, 01:22 AM