PDA

View Full Version : Reset server

Vertiggo
04-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Am i the only one who thinks it would be awesome if they just reset the server so everyone had to start at scratch again? It would fix the economy and would level the playing field out again, also give everyone something to do instead of complaining about velious release.

Vertiggo
04-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Keep all the system updates and everything kunark enabled everything up to date, just delete all the user data get rid of every character and item

Vertiggo
04-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Who spends rl dollars gearing their chars? That's retarded

nilbog
04-09-2013, 01:54 PM
Am i the only one who thinks it would be awesome if they just reset the server so everyone had to start at scratch again? It would fix the economy and would level the playing field out again, also give everyone something to do instead of complaining about velious release.

I don't. And let me be clear.. it'd be nice for most of the players and for me personally. It would allow low level zones to be re-explored, bugs previously undiscovered to be reported, and adds that initial rush feeling.

Resetting the server is a horrible idea, though. People do not play when they feel their time can be reset on a whim. Live servers don't do that and neither do we.

Who spends rl dollars gearing their chars? That's retarded

It's apparently in style to joke about RMT.... anywhere and everywhere to exacerbate trolling.

Ele
04-09-2013, 02:00 PM
Resetting the server is a horrible idea, though. People do not play when they feel their time can be reset on a whim. Live servers don't do that and neither do we.

Nilbog has spoken. Let it be known.

Godefroi
04-09-2013, 02:11 PM
It's apparently in style to joke about RMT.... anywhere and everywhere to exacerbate trolling.

Maybe because RMT is everywhere and platlord seems invincible ?

Hasbinbad
04-09-2013, 02:14 PM
When Velious is over and everyone is bored, I sincerely hope they release a second server which will follow the same major changes and progression, but either at a live-like time pace or faster.

I would totally do this all again.

nilbog
04-09-2013, 02:17 PM

Yeah, you're helping by defining exacerbate..

Rants and Flames. Continue on I guess.

Itap
04-09-2013, 02:33 PM
When Velious is over and everyone is bored, I sincerely hope they release a second server which will follow the same major changes and progression, but either at a live-like time pace or faster.

+1

getsome
04-09-2013, 02:45 PM

Check out that server being talked about below this thread. Launches tomorrow. That might satisfy your reset boner.

Last year I would probable agree with you nilbog. But after going on vacation for most of feb 2012 and coming back to find my guild had vacated p99 and a significant quantity decided to cash out my opinion is that it's very prevalent. In a way it's a testament to your success in recreating a classic eq experience. Being a young millionaire I personally think rmting in a game is a rather tough way to make a living. A few big consolidators will make nice coin, but 99% of the folks are converting plat to cash at a horrible rate of return. the folks who quit and cash out might make a little mad money but anyone who plays eq to pay rent is working for less than peasants in 3rd world countries.

Splorf22
04-09-2013, 02:49 PM

Godefroi
04-09-2013, 02:52 PM
Yeah, you're helping by defining exacerbate..

Rants and Flames. Continue on I guess.

I'm sorry to point it out Nilbog, you're a good lad. I know it can be irritating regarding everything you do for p99.

But we've been playing here for a while, platlord was never taken down, as much as the p99 staff controls as much as they can about what goes on the server, it seems they cannot take platlord down (which could only be taken down involving legal matters).

Due to my work I have my own contact at SOE and I can tell you, they give about 0 fucks about any RMT going on private servers on their back catalog licenses (so, Everquest...). You can talk with Trion worlds or with Turbine (Warner)they all are aware of the phenomenon and just barely care. Truth is MMO studios (besides Blizzard) are always financed with tiny budgets. So involving the costy legal department with issues concerning a back catalog licenses emulator servers involving pocket money RMT is just never going to happen, they just will never care because it doesn't represent any money for them. They are busy, and surviving today in the industry is tough.

Fact is all content agregators (besides steam), be it greenman gaming, digital river (origin) or metaboli (france) work with key sellers, gold sellers and all other key traders. They are all based in HK and you can try real hard to stop them, they have staff dedicated only to answering legal issues, which are overlooked on and barely taken seriously. Those same agregators are the ones distributing officially those MMORPG games keys. It's common knowledge in the industry, everyone is cool with it, avoid the top dogs (EA/UBI/Acti/R*) and you're fine.

RMT will always be part of p99, always was, always will. RMT is part of any online games, unfortunately...Because it's accepted by the industry.

EnnoiaII
04-09-2013, 07:20 PM

But then the RMT cashcow would go down the shitter.

Kevynne
04-09-2013, 07:25 PM

TotallyLegit
04-09-2013, 08:02 PM
I'm sorry to point it out Nilbog, you're a good lad. I know it can be irritating regarding everything you do for p99.

But we've been playing here for a while, platlord was never taken down, as much as the p99 staff controls as much as they can about what goes on the server, it seems they cannot take platlord down (which could only be taken down involving legal matters).

Due to my work I have my own contact at SOE and I can tell you, they give about 0 fucks about any RMT going on private servers on their back catalog licenses (so, Everquest...). You can talk with Trion worlds or with Turbine (Warner)they all are aware of the phenomenon and just barely care. Truth is MMO studios (besides Blizzard) are always financed with tiny budgets. So involving the costy legal department with issues concerning a back catalog licenses emulator servers involving pocket money RMT is just never going to happen, they just will never care because it doesn't represent any money for them. They are busy, and surviving today in the industry is tough.

Fact is all content agregators (besides steam), be it greenman gaming, digital river (origin) or metaboli (france) work with key sellers, gold sellers and all other key traders. They are all based in HK and you can try real hard to stop them, they have staff dedicated only to answering legal issues, which are overlooked on and barely taken seriously. Those same agregators are the ones distributing officially those MMORPG games keys. It's common knowledge in the industry, everyone is cool with it, avoid the top dogs (EA/UBI/Acti/R*) and you're fine.

RMT will always be part of p99, always was, always will. RMT is part of any online games, unfortunately...Because it's accepted by the industry.

"Everyone else is doing it and we probably won't get caught."

Typical FE.

Kevynne
04-09-2013, 08:11 PM

Typical FE.

Kevynne
04-09-2013, 08:11 PM

Typical Everyone.

Fixed for yA

Stinkum
04-09-2013, 08:16 PM
But then the RMT cashcow would go down the shitter.

OMGWTF420
04-09-2013, 08:24 PM
oh hey vert! long time no see!! btw i am not in support of a reset i just got a trak bp on my alt, id be bummed out if i had to do it again

SyanideGas
04-09-2013, 08:58 PM
Discussed plenty of times before, never happened. Won't happen imo.

arsenalpow
04-09-2013, 09:02 PM
oh hey vert! long time no see!! btw i am not in support of a reset i just got a trak bp on my alt, id be bummed out if i had to do it again

Wrong Vert brah

Tecmos Deception
04-09-2013, 09:29 PM

Oh for sure.

But mother fuck all the people who keep whining for a reset right now because they think it would "level the playing field" for more than a week or two.

Woahnelly
04-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Maybe the playing field will get leveled for a week or two if TMO is found guilty of raid stalling/training...

Doors
04-09-2013, 09:45 PM
Put it to a vote? Resetting the server would be amazing.

Pringles
04-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Why push to reset this one? If you want to start fresh, why not push for a new server? I do like the idea of a progression server once velious is out. Fresh start, nearer to classic timelines. Probably a pain in the ass though to deal with all the pre-nurf items etc though.

Ele
04-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Put it to a vote? Resetting the server would be amazing.

Best of both worlds and new server once a substantial portion of the bugs and timeline are fixed.

OMGWTF420
04-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Wrong Vert brah

oh, well wtf

Hailto
04-09-2013, 10:09 PM
Why is this even a thread? Nonsensical to reset the server before it has even reached the end of the timeline.

Ele
04-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Why is this even a thread? Nonsensical to reset the server before it has even reached the end of the timeline.

People mad they didn't get guises or 11ty billion manastones and thex daggers

Doors
04-09-2013, 11:13 PM
A reset would be awesome because the economy is so over bloated with plat/items/accounts. Will it ever happen? No, but it would be nice.

Hasbinbad
04-10-2013, 04:22 AM
surprised this thread hasn't turned into a "burn it down" frenzy yet

raff01
04-10-2013, 09:33 AM
when your at a croc group in oasis and 4 out of the 6 have fungis the server has gotten stupid

that is all

THIS THIS AND THIS !

Kunark has been out for too long now...waaay too long and server needs a reset. Nothing on the server now but twinks. And I'm not talking twinks wearing bronze pieces and wielding and enamaled black mace...Fungi, idol of thorned, hiero cloak, fbss and all the best dropable shit...Hell even nodrop raid pieces on lvl 20 chars...

raff01
04-10-2013, 09:45 AM
I don't. And let me be clear.. it'd be nice for most of the players and for me personally. It would allow low level zones to be re-explored, bugs previously undiscovered to be reported, and adds that initial rush feeling.

Sure, they didn't do it on live servers...but at the same time I dont think Kunark stayed out for so long before Velious was released on live. Only 1 year if I remember.
Kunark being out for too long without Velious has pretty much fucked up the server economy. If you think people won't be willing to start all over again, then wait for the eqclassic.org project to complete and see how many people will be willing to have a fresh start.
Hell even the jerks from TMO will be willing to have a fresh start when even their lvl 1 bard/monk mules will have a fungi/jboots and FBSS

Kagatob
04-10-2013, 10:01 AM

Over? How about as it releases?

Heck they have a perfectly good, unused server that is hosting p99-red, just use that.

raff01
04-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Over? How about as it releases?

Heck they have a perfectly good, unused server that is hosting p99-red, just use that.

I agree, barely 50 players on it most of the time...

Tecmos Deception
04-10-2013, 10:19 AM
I'm a pathetic little bitch who can't enjoy my time on p99 unless everyone else is held down to my level!

Tecmos Deception
04-10-2013, 10:21 AM
You know who'd be grouping with you at orc highway after a reset, Raff? Nobody. Because the 4 people in your group who had fungis would be level 45 already, farming legacy items that you'd be jelly about in a few months, and the 1 other guy who didn't have one wouldn't have come back after the reset.

feanan
04-10-2013, 10:22 AM
If they turned red99 into a brand new blue server when velious went live, I think a lot of people would be surprised how many people would make the switch.

Current server is beyond fucked

feanan
04-10-2013, 10:23 AM
It is amusing to see the fear in some posts when a reset is brought up.

Can obviously tell who the 1% are ;)

raff01
04-10-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm a pathetic unemployed fat nerd who can't enjoy P99 unless I'm lvl 60 with all the leet loot cuz I get picked on in the real world...and I can't read so i'm mad homie

raff01
04-10-2013, 10:25 AM
It is amusing to see the fear in some posts when a reset is brought up.

Can obviously tell who the 1% are ;)

lol, I think we all know who the 1% is :D

Tecmos Deception
04-10-2013, 10:28 AM
You're trolling me with RL attacks and talking about something that should get you banned, but what I said about you was obviously true.

/shrug

OMGWTF420
04-10-2013, 10:29 AM
THIS THIS AND THIS !

Kunark has been out for too long now...waaay too long and server needs a reset. Nothing on the server now but twinks. And I'm not talking twinks wearing bronze pieces and wielding and enamaled black mace...Fungi, idol of thorned, hiero cloak, fbss and all the best dropable shit...Hell even nodrop raid pieces on lvl 20 chars...

lol fbss, my twink has dragon haste, get on my level scrub

raff01
04-10-2013, 10:34 AM
You're trolling me with RL attacks and talking about something that should get you banned, but what I said about you was obviously true.

/shrug

http://elsomalideoro.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/131343614383.png

Kagatob
04-10-2013, 10:43 AM
You're trolling me with RL attacks
Wait... who misquoted who first?

and talking about something that should get you banned,
On what planet?
but what I said about you was obviously true.
Go back to sucking Alawen/Alarti/Eccezan's cocks please, you're better at that.

Ele
04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
If they turned red99 into a brand new blue server when velious went live, I think a lot of people would be surprised how many people would make the switch.

Current server is beyond fucked

So people transfer one level 60 alt to new server and leave one on original. Would be fun to raid the same dragon with two different characters at the same time.

Ele
04-10-2013, 10:46 AM
So people transfer one level 60 alt to new server and leave one on original. Would be fun to raid the same dragon with two different characters at the same time.

lol wrong tab

sanforce
04-10-2013, 11:57 AM
A reset would be awesome because the economy is so over bloated with plat/items/accounts. Will it ever happen? No, but it would be nice.

A reset would suck and I would quit for good. Like Nil said, people won't play if they think their work is going to be reset at a whim. I, for one, am one of those people.

radditsu
04-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Why on earth would you group if you had a fungi?

raff01
04-10-2013, 03:56 PM
A reset would suck and I would quit for good. Like Nil said, people won't play if they think their work is going to be reset at a whim. I, for one, am one of those people.

People will play and so would you cause this would still be the only classic EQ experience you could get.

Kieu
04-10-2013, 04:10 PM
People will play and so would you cause this would still be the only classic EQ experience you could get.

Not a valid reason, a reset is a dumb fucking idea. Plain and simple. Make another server after velious is at the end, and have it be a progession one. Otherwise, quit the ignorance about thinking a reset is a "good" idea.

Enygma
04-10-2013, 04:28 PM

Just make Project 2013 - Project 1999 Re-launch.

New server... same shit... start from scratch. Call it...

Better than The Sleeper - nilbog's reroll server

You get people who want to start fresh, and people who want to stay or both!

Nilbog gets people reporting old bugs... and people will still want to raid velious! (perhaps this should be released once Velious brings server pop to 2k+?)

Just my 2 cps.

feanan
04-10-2013, 04:59 PM
I would bet the 5k I have to my name that more people would come back to play on freshly wiped server than this server would permanently lose to cry babies.

I mean, wtf, do you think p99 is going to be up for 50 more years, so when you are 70 you can log in and show your grandkids your velious loot?

get. the. fuck. over. it

feanan
04-10-2013, 05:00 PM
Also, I hope the devs leave the forums up when they actually give up on the game servers, because the level of crying here will be epic.

Kieu
04-10-2013, 05:02 PM
We're not talking about 50 years from now, what significance does that prove?

You don't see wipes on live servers, why would it happen here? So you can one day after taking a break for a couple months come back to nothing? Good job.

The only real thing to do is make a new server, and make it a progression server. I wouldn't even want to see one of these till Velious is way into its days.

47shadesofgay
04-10-2013, 11:27 PM
I gotta say, I'm kind of happy for that kid in your signature.

I mean think about it. His entire life people probably give him shit for looking retarded, being fat, and wearing his hat like some sort of asshole.

But he's just doing what he knows y'know? I mean, he obviously has shitty parents. Black-ops is rated-M, French fries are going to shave 10 years off that kids life, and the interior of that car makes me think.. early 90s buick judging by the seatbelt buckle and shitty cloth. Even his shirt with the faded elmo screams of thrift store hand me downs.

All of that said, regardless of how screwed this kid is, at no fault of his own, in this moment he is happy.

Life dealt him lemons, and lets face it, he's probably never going to make an entire gallon of lemonade, but at the moment this picture was taken he's forgotten about that. In his mind he's sipping on lemonade, and for that I am thankful.

47shadesofgay
04-10-2013, 11:28 PM
I want some lemonade now FUCK

OMGWTF420
04-11-2013, 12:14 AM
I want some lemonade now FUCK

me too, thanks asshole, my coffee is now less tasty than it should be because im thinking about lemonade

Razdeline
04-11-2013, 12:24 AM
Just add another server in the server list. Don't get rid of this one. Just add another blue99 and if players want to start there they can.

Depression
04-11-2013, 06:02 AM
Do you really think resetting the server will "even up" the playing field? You'll get the same no-lifers who have already invested countless hours in this game getting their toons decked out in phat loot locking down all the old camps like manastones/botbde/fungi/etc... Except after reset it may actually end up being worse than what it is now. It doesn't matter if the server is reset, the game will eventually get to the point where it is now again.

I think what you guys should really ask for is a new server.

No need to bring down the people who have already put their time in just because you missed your chance. Btw, I only started last month and I don't agree with a server reset at all.

raff01
04-11-2013, 06:02 AM
I would bet the 5k I have to my name that more people would come back to play on freshly wiped server than this server would permanently lose to cry babies.

I mean, wtf, do you think p99 is going to be up for 50 more years, so when you are 70 you can log in and show your grandkids your velious loot?

get. the. fuck. over. it

THIS.

Server economy is fucked up right now, and there's no way to fix it. reseting a server would allow a fresh economy and since Velious will be finished by then, there won't be an unbalance in the economy and you're pretty much guaranteed to keep your toons for at least 5 years.

raff01
04-11-2013, 06:13 AM
Do you really think resetting the server will "even up" the playing field? You'll get the same no-lifers who have already invested countless hours in this game getting their toons decked out in phat loot locking down all the old camps like manastones/botbde/fungi/etc... Except after reset it may actually end up being worse than what it is now. It doesn't matter if the server is reset, the game will eventually get to the point where it is now again.

I think what you guys should really ask for is a new server.

No need to bring down the people who have already put their time in just because you missed your chance. Btw, I only started last month and I don't agree with a server reset at all.

You're wrong. The problem in the economy was due to Kunark being out for too long without Velious. People would peak then stay without any other thing to do than camping the same loot over and over again, creating a huge amount in numbers of things like Fungi's jboots etc...
If Velious had come out 1 year at most after Kunark, people would have started exploring new content, working on other grinds like faction, velious armor ntov, st kael etc, hence creating a better variety of loot on the server, specially since Velious has a lot of nodrop loot while most of Kunark's loot is droppable.
Thus less leet droppable loot = less twinks, better economy better everything...

Depression
04-11-2013, 06:18 AM
That may be true, but still. Why punish people who have put in countless hours of their lives into this server? Why not just ask for a new server?

Rhambuk
04-11-2013, 07:34 AM
even up? the only thing resetting the server does to even things up is destroy the 2 top guilds for a couple of months and bring them to your level.

Theres nothing to "even up" if you cant compete your not good enough. Stop crying for a reset and play the game

Raavak
04-11-2013, 07:53 AM
How about if the prices for all trades are set by the GM's so that they are at a "classic" price level?

:P

Rhambuk
04-11-2013, 07:54 AM
How about if the prices for all trades are set by the GM's so that they are at a "classic" price level?

:P

Wayback machine some old auction sites and watch all the RMTers quit

Rellapse10
04-11-2013, 07:59 AM
not gonna lie i wouldn't mind a brand new server with all the fixes put in place and a correct timeline

raff01
04-11-2013, 08:13 AM
its not about winning the server,

its about people wanting to play a classic eq server without the absurd item mudflation

this.
P99 is about classic experience. In my classic experience Kunark hadn't been out for over 2 years with "absurd item mudflation" as you said...
So if that's what people want, let it be a new server, TMO and a few FE will remain on the "old" server and have it all for themselves where they can thrive with their plethora of loot and whack off at their own wealth.
Meanwhile on a new fresh server, regular people will enjoy the classic experience with everything it envolves.
Sure I've spend countless hours on my toon, but what worth is it if the experience isn't classic?

Rhambuk
04-11-2013, 08:17 AM
Having all of your characters deleted after years of time invested is probably the farthest thing from a classic experience you could come up with.

Kevynne
04-11-2013, 08:31 AM
server reset= MANY people will not comeback; specifically those 45+

falkun
04-11-2013, 08:32 AM
this.
P99 is about classic experience. In my classic experience Kunark hadn't been out for over 2 years with "absurd item mudflation" as you said...
So if that's what people want, let it be a new server, TMO and a few FE will remain on the "old" server and have it all for themselves where they can thrive with their plethora of loot and whack off at their own wealth.
Meanwhile on a new fresh server, regular people will enjoy the classic experience with everything it envolves.
Sure I've spend countless hours on my toon, but what worth is it if the experience isn't classic?

Great Utopia that you have there. What will actually happen:
1) New server, everyone starts at L1.
2) No-lifers move in and level faster, get uber loot faster (because they're higher level and have more time to spend at camps/raids)
3) "Regular people" will quickly fall behind.

Unless you artificially restrict general server progress, there will always be people that move faster through content than others.

Kieu
04-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Only if they added a NEW server, not resetting this one. People need to get off the train of thinking a reset would be a good idea. You've got to have shit for brains if you resetting what a lot of us have worked long hours to obtain would be a grand idea. I wouldn't even play.

renordw
04-11-2013, 09:25 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=105141

Tarigin
04-11-2013, 09:43 AM
I dont think the community is big enough to fill two Classic Servers.

raff01
04-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Great Utopia that you have there. What will actually happen:
1) New server, everyone starts at L1.
2) No-lifers move in and level faster, get uber loot faster (because they're higher level and have more time to spend at camps/raids)
3) "Regular people" will quickly fall behind.

Unless you artificially restrict general server progress, there will always be people that move faster through content than others.

What the hell is wrong with u ? Can u read or not ? Its not about being left behind, its about having had kunark out for waaay too long and economy being completely fucked up

Tiggles
04-11-2013, 09:54 AM
Just read this thread.

Holy shit fucking cry baby casuals try and ruin everything.
If you rerolled the server every casual who managed to get to 60 would quit half the real players would quit,the other half would just steamroll your terrible ass again all over again.

Instead of trying to destroys others peoples fun because you suck maybe you should find another home.

Barkingturtle
04-11-2013, 10:00 AM
launch second server with correct timelines to avoid saturation, and no one will continue to give a fuck about whos kill what dragon or who has a million platinum

Huh? You seem to care a great deal how much wealth others have accumulated.

I mean, your point seems to be "too many fungis, waaaaah". Am I wrong?

Kieu
04-11-2013, 10:05 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=105141

okay? You posted this days after this one was already here. I care not about that thread.

Safon
04-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Whiners gonna whine. Nilbog and Rog have stated themselves, no fucking new server or reset until well after Velious is out on this one. Deal with it

Kieu
04-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Or your dumbass poll with terrible options to pick lol

Barkingturtle
04-11-2013, 10:07 AM
and if you had to ask me the stupidest thing is...

I guess the problem then is that nobody asked you and nobody cares what the fuck you think. :(

falkun
04-11-2013, 10:07 AM
launch second server with correct timelines to avoid saturation, and no one will continue to give a fuck about whos kill what dragon or who has a million platinum

And because Velious is still in development, the second server would also have an incorrect timeline. So what will you do then? Reroll the 2nd server from Day0-1999 with a correct timeline when Velious launches so now everyone who's been playing on the server is screwed? If you want to complain for a "correct timeline", then WAIT until the timeline is complete so a new timeline can be "correct" instead of demanding a server now with only a half-complete timeline that will get stuck with the same issue you are complaining about now.

Safon
04-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Forums dropping logic bombs all over Tippet and his reset pals

Tiggles
04-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Tippet just made some lvl 10 TMO monk with fungi RFS and dragon haste is soloing orc 1 while he complains about it in /ooc

falkun
04-11-2013, 10:14 AM
its not whining its discussing, on a discussion board

hard concept to understand for a simpleton like yourself im sure

Its whining when you know what you want cannot happen. You want a "correct timeline server". At this time, the "correct timeline" has not been completed (proof: no Velious, no Chardok/Planar revamps, etc. are live on P99 yet). You cannot have a "correct timeline server" until the "correct timeline" is complete. So quit whining.

Let me quote you the Serenity prayer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serenity_Prayer):
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.
You are apparantly lacking the wisdom to know the difference.

Safon
04-11-2013, 10:16 AM
morans would rather force everyone else to play an extremely unclassic server so they can hold new/bored players hostage to show off their personal 14 year old pixel collection in ec tunnel

You're the moran!

Safon
04-11-2013, 10:21 AM
yeah i guess im foolish to assume/hope the developers can release a playable version of classic velious after 4 years of development

And now he's insulting staff, can we get a ban on this guy?

Kieu
04-11-2013, 10:21 AM
yeah i guess im foolish to assume/hope the developers can release a playable version of classic velious after 4 years of development

Do it yourself, and see how far you get or stfu?

Ryba
04-11-2013, 11:02 AM
12 pages, anyone still reading is frothing with shitty opinions. My plan will fit right in:

1.) Wipe this mothafucka

2.) Grant tokens, casino style, based on your IPs played time on old server. Tokens redeemable for GM illusion items like iksar egg, whatever. Nothing game breaking, but the kind of shit that makes your account unique. Maybe you log in with jboots too, w/e.

3.) Velious releases on schedule in new timeline and old exploits are nullified. Nilbog gets new round of bug reports on forgotten content, everyone bathes/wallows in EQ glory/filth for about 4 more years until Velious is raped into meaninglessness.

4.) Throw a party for the people that made it this far at an abandoned swimming pool. At the end of the party, right when the only guild on the server, Forceful Order of Mystical Entry, is about to be served cake, put the server rack in an industrial dishwasher on the hottest setting. See if you can fill the swimming pool with nothing but the tears of neckbeards as their alter-ego cartoon pixels perish, then set fire to the building. The only way to survive is to jump into their own OCEAN OF TEARS, which they will do because at this point they sincerely believe they have enduring breath items in inventory.

5.) Collect Nobel Peace Prize for lowering entitlement expenditures on people who turned into dough because they thought video games were a real hobby. Doritos stock drops 70%.

Nirgon
04-11-2013, 11:16 AM
If I heard right, when the "project" is done they will release a true time line progression server.

See how much PD loot you get when there isnt 4 fucking years of Kunark, people!

If we get some of these other major problems like invis pulling and a few raid mobs tuned (some easier, some harder as a result), it would be mighty fine.

raff01
04-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Just read this thread.

Holy shit fucking cry baby casuals try and ruin everything.
If you rerolled the server every casual who managed to get to 60 would quit half the real players would quit,the other half would just steamroll your terrible ass again all over again.

Instead of trying to destroys others peoples fun because you suck maybe you should find another home.

That's exactly what's gonna happen. There will be a new server at some point, wether its P99 or EQCLASSIC.ORG...
I'd say a good 70% will move to there leaving the few hardcore nerds like you to their shit server so full of plat and loot all for yourselves.