Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Planar Protector

Default Open Content

I'm still fairly new to Project 1999, but it seems the servers have stuck to a classic timeline with the release of new content. While I do like trying to keep things as classic as possible, times have changed. What took 6 months in 1999 takes 1 month today. So what were left with is 200 people already 40+ chompin' at the bit for something to do.

In light of how the population has continued to waver in favor of content offered on blue and other new games, I think Sol Ro, quest armors and planes are needed to revitalize the server.

The server populations is deceptive, because people generally aren't quitting, they're just opting out for blue until theres something to do. Many have been 50 for a month already, and with only 3 dungeons and a few mobs to compete over, theres not nearly the incentive that EQ pvp servers had during the Planar/Kunark/Velious eras.

I propose we step up the timeline.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Banned

Rubicite and manastones go away, people flip their shit.

Sorry!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Orc

Red99 don't need plan or any new content. What u asking for, is PVE.
This server only need people who like pvp more than PVE, people who can't imagine play this game without this option.
Problem :
1 - newcomer are upset about grinding.
2 - newcomer dislike the red99 pvp ruleset
3 - newcomer is bluebie who want some items he can't loot anymore on blue, grab it then go back on his server.
4 - lack of ad for Red ? not sure about this one, maybe 700-800 people (total) is the cap for an EQ1 classic emu server. There is a topic on FOH forum and a video on youtube.

Solution: Idk, but remove xp loss in pvp, this is a fucking joke.
Last edited by Nulak; 02-03-2012 at 07:46 AM..
Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Vast majority of pvp on live during classic-velious was organized, faction based, content contesting wars fought over PVE. Its what made EQ pvp so superior to other MMOs. Something to fight over: best pve and pvp adding another dimension to the competition.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Fire Giant

Had started to type furiously until I realized I didn't actually give a shit. That being said, Everquest PVP simply isn't enjoyable to most people, hence the terrible population. Adding planes won't change anything except keep the one guild on the server PVEing a little longer.
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vast majority of pvp on live during classic-velious was organized, faction based, content contesting wars fought over PVE. Its what made EQ pvp so superior to other MMOs. Something to fight over: best pve and pvp adding another dimension to the competition.
But yet you choose to be in a Zerg on a one guild PVP server where there is no competition?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm still fairly new to Project 1999, but it seems the servers have stuck to a classic timeline with the release of new content. While I do like trying to keep things as classic as possible, times have changed. What took 6 months in 1999 takes 1 month today. So what were left with is 200 people already 40+ chompin' at the bit for something to do.

In light of how the population has continued to waver in favor of content offered on blue and other new games, I think Sol Ro, quest armors and planes are needed to revitalize the server.

The server populations is deceptive, because people generally aren't quitting, they're just opting out for blue until theres something to do. Many have been 50 for a month already, and with only 3 dungeons and a few mobs to compete over, theres not nearly the incentive that EQ pvp servers had during the Planar/Kunark/Velious eras.

Wait, what?

Red players are complaining that they don't have enough PvE activities on the red server in order to keep themselves from going back to blue?

Posting in a troll thread?
Old 02-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I will admit that THIS is what makes PvP fun for me: it having a purpose beyond just killing to kill.

Unfortunately EQ has a place in my mind as PvE, like I did it back in the day, and I don't have the time or will to basically re-learn the game on red. But for that, though, I'm sure I would love it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Some of us have lives outside of EQ and still aren't level 50 yet. How about we just go the classic route?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 02-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Banned

^

Some of us missed out on prenurfed mage swords, and didn't get the free ride to 50.
Closed Thread