Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Banned

Default What was wrong with K&B?

Had great incentive to pvp and it seemed that not too much was broken. Great dev support and allowed boxing. What went wrong?
Old 09-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Banned

Short answer: no1 wanted to level another toon with red99 around the corner.

Long answer: durp
Old 09-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

This thread, for starters.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

People don't want to play on a custom server.

This should be like the first bullet point established before one line of code is even written, but it seems to baffle lots of people anyway.

WHY ISN'T THE SMALL AUDIENCE OF PLAYERS WHO SEARCHED FOR CLASSIC EMULATED EVERQUEST INTERESTED IN MY CUSTOM HARDCORE EZEXP BOX?

It doesn't matter if it's well done. There has to be demand for what you've created.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Planar Protector

Custom is shit, period.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Large Rat

The server was doing pretty OK until VZTZ and Red69. These are what players wanted and headed for en masse, then subsequently abandoned in the same fashion.

I'm not sure what will be totally different this time around besides stricter policing of cheaters (I admit this is a big deal) and much, much slower leveling. I personally enjoyed the idea of "points" for PvPing, getting rewards, and feeling incentivized to do something besides traintraintraintrain. I think there are a lot of people that know classic EQ to a tee and have been playing it for several years (some for close to a decade), the idea of losing some of that edge is a turn off for them.

Also smashed your faces.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

A custom server can be good (obviously P99 Red will trump anything...), they're just never done right imo.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Custom content servers suck imo.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Banned

I think the most fun I had on KAB was training Shinaba on my naked cleric in BOT, or training whatever guild that was in hate on my pal.

Infact, with a corpse summoner that server - if anyone ever took it seriously, would have been way more lethal train wars.

I had fun on it for awhile, but my pal hitting for 90's with a 30 dmg weapon, epics out, my stuns landing always on a 200+ mr person, earth elemental roots landed 100% I mean I could literally make a novel of shitty stuff but it's pointless.

If you're playing to piss around that server is aight.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure what will be totally different this time around besides stricter policing of cheaters (I admit this is a big deal) and much, much slower leveling. I personally enjoyed the idea of "points" for PvPing, getting rewards, and feeling incentivized to do something besides traintraintraintrain. I think there are a lot of people that know classic EQ to a tee and have been playing it for several years (some for close to a decade), the idea of losing some of that edge is a turn off for them.
Also smashed your faces.
I am pretty sure the longevitiy and playerbase of the server is what a lot of people are psyched about. There has not been a classic pvp server with classic xp like... ever. The fact that everybody who knows EQ pvp is probably going to try this server is also huge deal. None of that "I don't feel like leveling a character while I wait for a better server" This is going to be it. Real classic EQ pvp is going to happen with Red99 or never. Simple as that.

I am looking forward to the epic feeling of bad ass game accomplishment to come with leveling on Red99 along with "hopefully" lots of other people. There will be no max lvl in 2 days, camp every item in the game in the next week, get bored and quit with a 20 person population.
Closed Thread