Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 06:54 AM
Banned

Default How to add a teams element without coding teams

Have an NPC in each city that allows you to join guild "Protectors of Starting City X." The thing that teams provided was context so that it was us versus them and not just a purposeless gank fest. Those who want to gank don't have to join the guild.

But those that do join the guild will get to enjoy a sense of civic pride in their home city without the devs having to code teams or deal with the ensuing issues and exploits. Just make it so that if someone kills a member of guild X they can't subsequently join the guild to avoid retribution.

This is especially helpful in drawing new players to the server who don't have a guild waiting for them. Idiots who are going to flame this idea, this means more targets.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:29 AM
Sarnak

hohoho civic pride
Old 08-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

i suggested this elsewhere, but since this thread is devoted to the topic..

if every level 1 started out with a pre-set guild, based on race/location/whatever, then new players would always at least have other newbs/low levels to group with and make some friends. and be be safe from attack. i always imagined that these guilds would have no leader/officer, so that once you left that was it, you were gone and could never re-join.. unless a GM put you back in

"defenders of X" sounds like a cool idea. i like that you can't join the guild if you've been killing its members. maybe for each person on that team you have killed, there is a 2 day timer you have to wait out before you could join the guild? that way if you've been slaying a team, it depends how hard you actually went at them. should also count if you've been KILLED BY that team. so: kill 3 players on team X, get killed back twice -> need to wait 10 days before being able to join that team.

or maybe these guilds could be regional and not just cities. feel like it would be better to have 3 teams instead of 12 or whatever. the true purpose of these "open guilds" is to gather new players together where they can make friends and be introduced to pvp without getting their nuts cut off. in order to help them make more friends and have a more powerful team/guild to fight the MANY ppl who will just make/join a private guild, i think the pre-made guilds should be pretty large
Old 08-23-2011, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to deakolt

sounds like these ideas require coding

Bulltrue
Deakolt
Old 08-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakolt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't make it too complicated with lockout timers and such. Make it a one time thing where if you ever kill a member or leave the guild, you can never rejoin. Just as +/- 8 is a compromise between FFA and Rallos rules, this is a compromise between teams and no teams. If the devs see promise in this idea but agree with Pudge that it should be fewer than 12 guilds, make it 4, based on the original race teams:

Wee Defenders

Elven Guards

Forces of Darkness

Human Shield
Old 08-23-2011, 09:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakolt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't make it too complicated with lockout timers and such. Make it a one time thing where if you ever kill a member or leave the guild, you can never rejoin. Just as +/- 8 is a compromise between FFA and Rallos rules, this is a compromise between teams and no teams. If the devs see promise in this idea but agree with Pudge that it should be fewer than 12 guilds, make it 4, based on the original race teams:

Wee Defenders

Elven Guards

Forces of Darkness

Human Shield
Also sounds like codeing, but i like the idea (reminds me of VZ and i miss my yellow elven name!!)

why not just make these regional guilds FFA with the server +/- 8 or whatever like the rest of the server?
if your getting into it with a guild member one of you will just leave lol
(since its NPC invite, theres nobody to boot players from guild)

I guess you could add in codeing, maybe something like - Kill fellow guildmate
once: inguild warning
twice: inguild warning
third time = booted/unguildable by same regional guild
If you dont understand AE by now, you wont be in guild very long lol

this seems sorta like minimal codeing over some suggestions but lets not bring more work to the table

Also, this way i bet you could possibly faction to join another regional guild, if the invite NPC is on the city faction
if a starter guild like this were ever to reach raid feasiblity, that would be cool for missing classes
(some regions NEED em)

I srsly doubt an idea like this would go anywhere for a classic EQ server..
but you never know till you suggest! half the pvp servers of EQ classic were teams
and it added more of a spin to the server then just having PVE/PVP
If this idea tickles some fancy id really like to request the elven regional guild to have yellow names plz
Id join that for awhile just to reminisce
Old 08-23-2011, 09:17 PM
VIP / Contributor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol i <3 that
Old 08-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Large Rat

K&B
Old 08-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

I like this; it has serious possibilities imo. I never played K&B, as it was over-customized imo...but this idea wasn't too bad.

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 08-23-2011 at 11:59 PM..
Closed Thread