Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 12:24 PM
Fire Giant

Default Basic UI Functions Green Won’t Have

So what are the UI functions that Green won’t have? You know, all those basic things that I’ve taken for granted for years?

Tab targeting- I guess this is out for a while, but are F7/F8 targeting in at launch?
Using buttons during casting - Is it that no buttons (except socials) work during casting?
Will ducking spells work?

People that are really into these things should skool me. Feel free to denigrate my ignorance. I’m trying to prepare myself for a trip to the past.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

I doubt you'll get good answers.

The short answer is that Green will be as classic as they can make it. In theory everything you can find "being added" in the patch notes (or any other classic evidence) won't be on Green at launch.

In practice though, there's both stuff that the devs can't fix (eg. stamina), and stuff that wouldn't be worth the trouble (eg. if something is majorly different at launch, and then fixed to be normal soon after, it's just not worth the devs' time ... look at old school Infected Paw, which everyone wants but may not appear on Green, for this very reason).

So we know what we have now, and we know what the devs want (pure classic), but the gray area in-between, which is determined by "what is viable for Nilbog (and Haynar and the rest)" is unknown ... and likely will continue to be until Green's launch or some sort of major pre-launch announcement.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what are the UI functions that Green won’t have? You know, all those basic things that I’ve taken for granted for years?
Duct tape will still work. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 10-08-2019, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Dumb question, but was /target in at launch? I also thought you had to have LoS to use it as well.
Old 10-08-2019, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Ducking probably won't interrupt spells, as it didn't on red server launch.

The one change that really might keep me from playing is if they enforce one chat window for everything.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

I assumed ducking wouldn’t work at launch, but wasn’t sure how cooperative the Titanium client would be. Obviously that got figured out many years ago, I never played red.

<3 you Yendor.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Tee hee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 10-08-2019, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The one change that really might keep me from playing is if they enforce one chat window for everything.
Unless some wildly crazy thing happens we will have multiple chat windows.

You might only have 6 hotbuttons though until velious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No blue EXP bars.

These are some of the minor inconveniences we may be able to expect that I know of that are UI related. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But everything is hypothetical until it is reality I figure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2019, 03:20 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless some wildly crazy thing happens we will have multiple chat windows.

You might only have 6 hotbuttons though until velious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No blue EXP bars.

These are some of the minor inconveniences we may be able to expect that I know of that are UI related. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But everything is hypothetical until it is reality I figure [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
glad we have a man on the inside here. good job jib, keep up the good work <3333
Old 10-08-2019, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Your classic UI is loading...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread