Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 04:21 PM
Kobold

Default Quick bard question before I dump 1000+ bone chips on her.

Hey guys. I'm going to bone chip a bard right into crushbone, but wanted to verify the starting stats. I've seen some debate but just wanted one last check up.

Right now my half elf bard has 10 into dex, rest into cha. Playing an enchanter, I know what its like to try to max cha. I was wondering if 25 into cha was really the most effective I could place the points.

I'll probably start with lambent set, 55 hp rings, mistmoore drum and lute. Somewhere around that range of twinking. I intend on grouping mainly, and swarming as a last resort, or to blow through hell levels.

So 25 cha min/max? I don't know how difficult it will be to gather str or dex gear up to respectable amounts, while maintaining great cha.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2017, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

CHA is barely important for Bard. Do not recommend putting starting stats into into it. You will only need it for lulling and charming, which are pretty minor parts of barding. You can easily pump up your CHA with gear much later when if you really need to.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:09 PM
Kobold

Would you suggest mostly dex with some str? All dex? I was under the impression that charisma was very important for bards. Thanks for responding.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will only need it for lulling and charming, which are pretty minor parts of barding.
Bard charm relies on MR resist checks, not CHA. Lulling is a major part of barding. A class that can get to mobs fast, single pull, mez/charm/snare on critical resists to stagger mobs into camp, pretty much the best thing since sneak pulling. The bottom line however, is that stats do not matter on a bard.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:27 PM
Kobold

Alright I suppose I'll just stick with 10 dex 15 cha. I realize the importance of lull on bard. Just wanted to make sure the missing 10 points aren't a crazy loss.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

STA and STR. The rest of the stats are easy to g eat with gear. It really depends how you want to play your bard though.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 09-21-2017, 10:17 PM
Kobold

Group support mostly. Pulls, buffs, etc. I don't want to solo much in this game; not on bard.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Then STA all he way. More Hp equals more life.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 09-22-2017, 02:29 AM
Fire Giant

I would also recommend all in sta. Any leftover should go to dex.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:04 AM
Fire Giant

lull is not nearly important enough to prioritize with starting stats.

*you can just keep a Crude Stein handy if for some reason you find yourself lulling a lot.

*monks usually insist on pulling anyways, bards need to stay at camp for mana song

*I had to lull 276 times while leveling, and I had to mez 3504 times.

*because you only need to lull on a full spawn, after that the spawns are staggered.

*cha is something like 5% of a lull check, its mostly level and MR.

*shamans, enchanters, and yourself can buff you with more 40 or 50 cha if you really need, more than you could hope to make a difference with in starting stats
Closed Thread