Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 12:28 AM
Fire Giant

Default Bard soloing techniques

So, i've come to the conclusion that i'm just not the swarm kiting type. For some reason I just don't find it that enjoyable. So for the past few days I've been grouping in CoM, and it's much more fun for me. BUT it does get a bit boring, so I was wondering what other types of soloing we can do.

I remember charm kiting on my bard on live, back in the day. I'd grab 5 or 6 social mobs, charm one, send him into the bunch and they would beat on him until i broke charm, and then I could kite him down with single target dot's. Does that still work here? If not, how can i maybe adjust it to make it work?

Any other methods?

I'm 44 right now, so any tips on how and where would be greatly appreciated!

Looking for something to get me from 44-60 so go crazy if you've got a little guide you can give me.

Thanks!

Dev

Asher
Old 09-15-2015, 12:46 AM
Fire Giant

I prefer grouping over anything, but if time is an issue, and it often is, I fear kite or charm. I generally just pull two mobs when I charm, utilizing the short 18 sec charms to rotate between targets to account for discrepancies in damage from one to the other. When they both reach sub 20% I finish them off with snare/dots. Either method is easy and requires no downtime. I think both methods are fun and certainly effective.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I prefer grouping over anything, but if time is an issue, and it often is, I fear kite or charm. I generally just pull two mobs when I charm, utilizing the short 18 sec charms to rotate between targets to account for discrepancies in damage from one to the other. When they both reach sub 20% I finish them off with snare/dots. Either method is easy and requires no downtime. I think both methods are fun and certainly effective.
This is my choice for soloing when not grouping: two mobs at a time, charm one then kill other. Fear kite to finish off your former pet.

Charming one mob vs 5 or 6 of his buddies is what I would consider to be swarm-kiting and I don't think it works here like it does on live.
Low-HP kiting used to work here also, if you had a friend willing to be your bait, but they patched that as well.
Old 09-15-2015, 01:09 PM
Banned

swarm kiting (not sure if this works here?)
pbae kiting (by far fastest, but hardest)
fear kiting
charm kiting
chant kiting (easiest)
slow/regen/mez melee (best for summoning mobs)
Old 09-15-2015, 01:43 PM
Fire Giant

You can get really creative using some of the techniques discussed in this thread in a duo, too.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:26 PM
Kobold

You can swarm (sort of). I grab azureake in CS when he's up and kill 4-5 wyvs at once with him. Sometimes they won't aggro and you have to loop the mobs chasing you and run them through the charmed mob again.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:54 AM
Banned

I did a bard up to 40s. Just strafe kite if that still works. Set a key to strafe left and another for strafe right. Use your mouse to steer.

Spend 10-15 mins getting as many mobs as possible, find a flat area and get them together as close as possible. You will take alot of deaths in the beginning, but once you get it down its insane. 1-2 lvls every pull.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Truthbearer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can get really creative using some of the techniques discussed in this thread in a duo, too.
I've recently been duoing with monks and had a recent trio of monk and necro. Those combos are a lot of fun.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:45 PM
Kobold

Pull two mobs, charm one, set it to attack other, put three single target dots (with drums of course) on non-charmed mob + selos + any song, start casting charm on the dotted one, it will hit right after charm breaks on first (if charm doesn't break early), rinse repeat.

For best results grab mobs that are the closest in level/type.

Just make sure when they die that you have nothing charmed while using your dots. Can have invis song up to ensure this. Zero downtime if you don't get hit.

Unfortunately at this time grouping is by far the slowest way to gain exp as bard, but it's fun most of the time.
Closed Thread