Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 01:41 AM
Large Rat

Default South Qeynos Guard Attacking For No Reason

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I am a Human Paladin and for some reason when I get off the boat in South Qeynos there is this one guard that attacks me for no reason. Why does he attack me? I am a good race in a good city, none of the other guards in South Qeynos or North Qeynos attack me, so why does this guard attack me?
Old 07-27-2010, 01:44 AM
Sarnak

there is one guard near the boats on a different faction. But other guards dont attack him. Im not sure if he's bugged or not, but he is there. Can't remember his name neither.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:45 AM
Aviak

there are two factions of qeynos guards, corrupt qeynos guards and qeynos guards. It's possible you ran into a corrupt qeynos guard (your faction does go down for the most part with any quest you do around the area)
Old 07-27-2010, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

try deodorant :P
Old 07-27-2010, 02:02 AM
Sarnak

There are two guards in Qeynos that you have to worry about, one in north and one in south. Turning in one gnoll fang will get you KOS with these guys.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:59 AM
Planar Protector

The guard in south qeynos, his name starts with a Q (all i remember). The one in north qeynos is near the pond, he walks around crows tavern. He's higher con than the guard in south qeynos. If you hand in enough gnoll fangs, these guards will attack you because they're corrupt.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Old 09-17-2010, 02:03 AM
Decaying Skeleton

In South Qeynos, his name is Quedal. I'm a High Elf Wizard in a Human city. I couldn't understand what was going on until someone explained the whole corrupted guard thing.

My questions: If I fight this corrupt guard after he attacks me, will the non-corrupt guards jump in? Will I take a faction hit for the non-corrupts if I kill a corrupt?

This cat is floating right around the wizard guild too. Sneaky Bastage.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:08 AM
Kobold

No, you can kill the Q guy without the other guards attacking..
Old 09-17-2010, 02:13 AM
Planar Protector

Kill corrupts to get faction ups with non-corrupts, and visa versa.

There's also the possibility of getting both factions up, but mostly this can be tricky due to juggling with the problem of one always getting pissed at you. Some quests get one of em up without ruining the other, ie. by doing the gnoll/orc/goblin scalp quests in highpass. And there's a quest in East (or North? near the bridge) Karanas wherein you give a guy on corruptguard faction some gold for a faction up + blackburrow stout; gives faction downs with non-corrupts, but you can always fix that by initiating a gnoll genocide.

That Dagarok or Ragnarok or w/e guy roaming near the monk guild/PoD is lvl50, he's the biggest troublemaker for those kos to corrupts.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That Dagarok or Ragnarok or w/e guy roaming near the monk guild/PoD is lvl50, he's the biggest troublemaker for those kos to corrupts.

He is pretty easy to avoid but his harm touch hurts. He killed me once when I zoned in, didn't even finish loading. Just saw that I had been struck by pain and suffering...

I now go the long way around to the other zone in.
Closed Thread