Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Default Random Ranger Thread

So yeah, 200k worth of gear and some powerleveling and only 15 hours played, but I was already going insane before I hit 20 with my ranger. But then I hit 20 and got double attack and started equipping my woodsman's staff, and then in 21 my skills finally caught up, and now in 22 I have harmony and a new nuke and a new heal and snare actually lasts more than a few ticks and track works farther than I can see... this isn't half bad!

Yay!

Good thing I didn't start out as a ranger on here though, sheesh. I guess maybe I've just gotten spoiled (REALLY spoiled) playing my enchanter though!
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-06-2013 at 01:36 PM..
Old 06-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you were pretty spoiled on your ranger, too :P

Red99
Old 06-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Soloing with Fungi/Woodsman works for a good while, but you'll have to stick to classic zones because by the time you hit your 30s/40s you won't be able to solo-tank Kunark mobs as a Ranger efficiently. By then you'll be bored as shit of it anyway.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Planar Protector

check out MM for 39-43/44, maybe even sooner. There are some nice areas a ranger can solo using harmony and snare. Just avoid the casters, they aren't worth it. (always keep yourself sow'd and have an escape plan)

44-48 the Specters in oasis/feerrot are pretty good solo.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soloing with Fungi/Woodsman works for a good while, but you'll have to stick to classic zones because by the time you hit your 30s/40s you won't be able to solo-tank Kunark mobs as a Ranger efficiently. By then you'll be bored as shit of it anyway.
I guess it depends on what you consider efficient? I've done 1-46 solo, aside from a couple groups with goals other than experience that generated a bit of XP.

That's the entire goal of this character for me. I've done about 150 levels as a Ranger over the years. My goal here was to solo to 60 pre-Velious (before panic animal, which makes that task much easier). I haven't really hit a hitch so far, although I anticipate that I may around level 50.

I generally push out a few levels, then farm for a couple weeks. It keeps me interested when I do decide it's time to grind out some more experience.

Edit to add: I haven't used a Fungi, although I've had haste since level 20 and a Woodsman since ~30.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

I was thinking I'd putz around in SK/paw until I can manage highkeep, then kill guards there (evil city factions, I couldn't call myself a ranger if evil people living in cities liked me!) until I can move to bloodgills... then hopefully they could carry me up near 50 before I settle down to group the rest of the way.

That's all working on the unlikely assumption that I stick with my ranger for that long [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

Soloing the entrance of Kedge was good xp for me when playing ranger on live 13 years ago. Would be much easier for twinked Ranger.

Think you can do 35-40 pretty easily there. There was no such thing as a Fungi Tunic when I did it.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 06-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemiddar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess it depends on what you consider efficient? I've done 1-46 solo, aside from a couple groups with goals other than experience that generated a bit of XP.

That's the entire goal of this character for me. I've done about 150 levels as a Ranger over the years. My goal here was to solo to 60 pre-Velious (before panic animal, which makes that task much easier). I haven't really hit a hitch so far, although I anticipate that I may around level 50.

I generally push out a few levels, then farm for a couple weeks. It keeps me interested when I do decide it's time to grind out some more experience.

Edit to add: I haven't used a Fungi, although I've had haste since level 20 and a Woodsman since ~30.
That's what I did, but you pretty much hit a dead end when you start to get late 40s/50s as a Ranger. You can't really solo anything, and groups don't want you.

Unless you have a close group of very actively playing friends or a guild to constantly group with, it sucks balls.
Closed Thread