Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind
Default Translocator operation

As an FYI to the masses: Translocators will no longer always be up. They now will despawn after being available for transport for 100 seconds. They have a respawn all less than 13 minutes, and as such you'd have a maximum wait time of 23 minutes.

There are several reasons that this was done. There are several quests, such as the knight card quest among others that had to be curtailed due to the rapid transit that was available. These will now be made more available & actually work. The other is to actually give a benefit to those that choose to play teleporting classes & create more interdependence between players.

Morphnblorsh rejoice.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Awesome. 8D
Old 11-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Kobold

Thats a clever solution, it should help my teleportation business too
Old 11-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Sarnak

In other news a recent investigation shows Aeolwind recently bought into fish bait futures. Insider trader charges pending.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah_b [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In other news a recent investigation shows Aeolwind recently bought into fish bait futures. Insider trader charges pending.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cannot comment on an on going investigation....
Old 11-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

Wow do I hate this idea so much. That was one of the things I was happy to just look at purely as an improvement over old eq.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The only problem I can see is for the evil races who might agro the wood elf npcs by the ocean of tears dock not having an easy way out by quickly running to the translocator. Of course, you can sometimes avoid them by running to the side, but it seems that a few times you will agro them. This wasn't a problem on old EQ, since you could just stay on the boat. Maybe if the translocator didn't place you in the middle of these two npcs it would help.

We'll see.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxdragoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only problem I can see is for the evil races who might agro the wood elf npcs by the ocean of tears dock not having an easy way out by quickly running to the translocator. Of course, you can sometimes avoid them by running to the side, but it seems that a few times you will agro them. This wasn't a problem on old EQ, since you could just stay on the boat. Maybe if the translocator didn't place you in the middle of these two npcs it would help.

We'll see.
I foresaw this problem on Sister Isle and there are 2 solutions, one implemented and 1 player "driven".
Old 11-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Orc

My evil enchanter has had no issues with using the translocator's in the Ocean of Tears. Perhaps I was just lucky.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow do I hate this idea so much. That was one of the things I was happy to just look at purely as an improvement over old eq.
Its more of a convenience than an "improvement"
Closed Thread