Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Fire Giant

Default Best indoor farming class? (solo & duo)

The title says it all, what is the best indoor solo farming class? What's the best indoor Duo class combo?
Old 05-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Sarnak

ench, ench/cler or ench/sham
Old 05-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Planar Protector

Throw necro in there

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 05-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Go to http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=80165 and you will get a idea who is good at your questions. Lot of interesting reading. But yeah Enchanter, Necro, Shaman probably in that order are up there.

Loraen, Tecmos, Catherin all Enchanters, have done some pretty scary stuff solo. Not counting other Enchanters. So they are tops indoor for sure. Duo wise Enchanter Shaman have a lot of the same spells. Cleric brings better heals with CH. Better HP buffs for the Enchanter and pet. As good of Root as a Shaman. But I don't see how you could go wrong with either with a Chanter. But with a Necro I would want the Shaman.

Sk, Cleric might be better than you think indoors, but not my first pick, but could get the job done on all but the really hardest mobs.
Last edited by webrunner5; 05-12-2013 at 10:32 AM..
Old 05-12-2013, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

1st/1st ench/sham, 2nd necro, 3rd ?

just imo

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 05-12-2013, 10:33 AM
Aviak

I always enjoyed farming on my mage on live.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Duo wise Enchanter Shaman have a lot of the same spells. Cleric brings better heals with CH. Better HP buffs for the Enchanter and pet. As good of Root as a Shaman.
They're equal right now, imo. Ench+cle is better for plowing through a bunch of trash mobs, but ench+sham is better at killing very difficult mobs. The thing webrunner doesn't mention that makes shamans as appealing a partner as clerics is that, even though the cle has superior buffs and heals + can help with stuns, the shaman has malo, malosini, the best slow in the game, and the ability to tank things reasonably well. Ench+cle leans too heavily on the chanter for stuff like spore king or drusella or whatever, sham takes some of the load off of the ench while also making the job easier overall.

It seems like the best thing for each duo is soon going to be obsolete though. Invis pull nerf/fix will stop ench+cle from pulling all of south (and sometimes some of east!) every spawn cycle, and it will stop ench+sham from duoing king (I think).
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 05-12-2013 at 12:18 PM..
Old 05-12-2013, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Shamans are good indoors. Once they obtain 2 sets of puppet strings, they become solo gods :P The secret to pulling lots of plat is being rich, who knew :3
Old 05-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're equal right now, imo. Ench+cle is better for plowing through a bunch of trash mobs, but ench+sham is better at killing very difficult mobs. The thing webrunner doesn't mention that makes shamans as appealing a partner as clerics is that, even though the cle has superior buffs and heals + can help with stuns, the shaman has malo, malosini, the best slow in the game, and the ability to tank things reasonably well. Ench+cle leans too heavily on the chanter for stuff like spore king or drusella or whatever, sham takes some of the load off of the ench while also making the job easier overall.

It seems like the best thing for each duo is soon going to be obsolete though. Invis pull nerf/fix will stop ench+cle from pulling all of south (and sometimes some of east!) every spawn cycle, and it will stop ench+sham from duoing king (I think).
Monk/Shm should still be able to swing a 2 man king though. Invis assist the monk like before with pumice and then he'll have to split the 3 on top of the fort in the tunnel leading to the pipe room. Maybe they'll patch FD not to suck soon too? :P

I'm thinking it'll be easier to keep the top 3 rotating (may need assistance in the initial clear) But with some root nets on the monks part the shm should be able to get a priest solo which he can hold with slow/torpor til the monk /q's and returns. Then it'll just be reaver/reaver and will require some decent splitting--a similar situation would most likely occur with the shm having to hold 1 reaver momentarily.

Remember that in the suggested patchnotes, invis assist only affects the initial tag--you can still run the mobs by non see invis mobs after the tag so the pull spots before should still be fine. Just some musics, though. In velious it should be very easy for a raid geared shaman to hold that 1 reaver or 1 priest until the monk returns.
Last edited by HeallunRumblebelly; 05-12-2013 at 01:36 PM..
Old 05-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Way off topic now, but err... one of us is misunderstanding the change apparently! I thought anything that has direct aggro on someone who is invis will cause a train of assisting mobs, whether those mobs can see invis or not.
Closed Thread