Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Aviak

Default 1018 for 5 days

I got the 1018 "You have an active character" bug for the first time last week. It was gone the next morning, but returned the following night. I was kinda bored so I started a character on red just to be able to play, and ended up playing there for a few days.

Today I tried to come back to P99 and I'm still 1018, after 5 days. I tried changing my login pass on eqemulator, and deleting/moving all of the character UI files (those seemed to be the most popular suggestions). Neither did the trick.

The only 100% fix seems to be "start a new account", but, I've been playing this one for half a year now. Starting a new one isn't really an option at this point. I'm wondering if anyone has a fix that they're positive will work, or has worked 100% of the time for them. The stuff with moving UI files, etc... I'm kinda dubious, but I'll try anything at this point.

Edit: I wanted to add that I've never shared my account info with anyone, dual boxed, or logged in with any computer besides this one, from this location. There are no other EQ players in the house.

Edit 2: I was lagging pretty badly the last time I logged off. That makes me wonder if somehow the server didn't get the logoff message, and thinks i'm still online somehow.
Last edited by Captain Faceplant; 04-03-2013 at 05:05 PM.. Reason: added bug info
Old 04-03-2013, 04:44 PM
Kobold

i would use petition forum.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gel Mibson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i would use petition forum.
From the other threads, people are being asked not to petition, because GMs/guides can't do anything about it.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:46 PM
Aviak

Update: The day after this post I was able to log in, and the next day too. I didn't do anything different (or anything at all) except to petition.

Tonight, 1018 again.

The last time I played was last night. When I logged off I used /camp (same as the other times; I very rarely /q), and was not lagging at all.

Will continue to update with any relevant details I can think of, in the hopes they're of help to someone.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Aviak

1018 again tonight.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

1. This is a server-side bug forum. You will have more luck in Server Chat or Tech Discussion.

2. Change your EQEmu password. Rule that out.

3. Rule your computer and network out. Try a different location or different PC. Is your router renewing your IP properly? Are you camping out properly, and rebooting your machine regularly?

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 04-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Banned

lol thts funny becuz the devs been saying the oppisite - 1081 is client side and needs to be posted here. shit needs to be nailed down already
Old 04-10-2013, 02:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. This is a server-side bug forum. You will have more luck in Server Chat or Tech Discussion.

2. Change your EQEmu password. Rule that out.

3. Rule your computer and network out. Try a different location or different PC. Is your router renewing your IP properly? Are you camping out properly, and rebooting your machine regularly?
Thanks for the reply. I did change my EQEmu pass, it did nothing. This is a server-side bug, so i think this is the correct forum. Also, rebooting, reconnecting with the network, everything, had no effect.

I've never given my password to anyone until yesterday, but to test this, I gave a good friend my password and had her try to log in as me. She is located 1,500 miles away. She also got 1018. That rules out anything with the network (and should rule out almost everything with the client).
Last edited by Captain Faceplant; 04-10-2013 at 02:51 AM..
Old 04-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Banned

yes, that is some good troubleshooting which narrows it down to a server-side issue.

as i stated before, i think it started happening when the server stopped auto-disconnecting u at login screen after 5 min (now u can afk on loginscreen all day and come back and be ok, maybe the server de-syncs and your character stuck at login screen)

thanks
Old 04-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Planar Protector

Try this yet?

"Possible Error 1018 fix, if you are having this issue look here"
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=101725

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Closed Thread