Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 11-10-2022, 07:06 PM
Fire Giant

Channeling has been "fixed" by the way. Since velious.

I used to never get interrupted on my Ogre Sham, double shrunk in a 90 degree corner.

Since velious I get interrupted
Old 11-10-2022, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

That's not a channeling change, that's the hidden secret ogre shaman nerf brought about by the dev's wanting to fuck with DSM.
Old 11-10-2022, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't worry. To save you some time this guy has been writing novel length posts on here ranting about Enchanters for like a year or more. he also had this big thing where he was like "I am compiling all the evidence to prove all my arguments and will present it soon!" - and then all he had was channeling isn't classic on P99 (which no one disagrees with). He was like the MyPillow guy who said he was going to present clear evidence of election fraud lol.

By his own admission he also doesn't play on P99 anymore, which makes his rants even more sad.

Just ignore him lol.
Is that Toxigen and cd288? The same two guys who lurk for any mention of Enchanters being overpowered? It looks like cd288 admits channeling is broken now.

"Oh I knew it was broken the whole time"

LOL.. dude you have fought every single shred of proof I've put together about why Enchanter is broken and you damn well know it goes far beyond channeling because you've posted in every single bug report about the topic for as long as you've played here.
Old 11-10-2022, 08:53 PM
Fire Giant

The fear here is palpable by the way. Scared Enchanters fill the threads, some brave enough to admit who they are.

N..n..no.. it was classic like this.. shut up.. you're writing too muich.. no one wants to read a bug report full of evidence from lead EQ developers and a literal patch file to implement the change in EQEmu code.. uh.. no one cares..

I had already given up on P99 and just came back to post about starting my own server and what do I see? The unrest caused by Enchanters is reaching a fever pitch and I'm not even here? Of COURSE I have to say something. I'm the one who started this gangster shit.

This forum and bug report PvP is as close to fun I've had with EQ until starting a server.
Old 11-10-2022, 09:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This forum and bug report PvP is as close to fun I've had with EQ until starting a server.
Here I am having the time of my life playing everquest for the first time in two decades on p99, getting to experience all sorts of cool content I never saw in 1999, and you're having just as much fun arguing with randos on an internet forum for a twenty year old elf simulator?

I'm a little jealous.
Old 11-11-2022, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not a channeling change, that's the hidden secret ogre shaman nerf brought about by the dev's wanting to fuck with DSM.
loolllllllll
Old 11-11-2022, 10:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's dumb is that it's so safe for Enchanters to solo here on P99 (unlike on live) that they can do incredibly unclassic things like farm hate solo.

If we fixed all the unclassic stuff about Enchanters (eg. we made channeling classic again, as our classic researchers have reported) then Diddly, Itrains, Maxxed, and all the other Hate farmers would die so often that they'd give up trying to farm it.

In short, if we make the mechanics classic, the environment (ie. only guilds raiding Hate) will follow ... but unfortunately Nilbog seems slow to address these issues, so we're stuck with an unclassic Plane of Hate (and Enchanters in general).
One of the stronger arguments for unclassicness. Hate was not a "Chanter Solo Zone" during classic.
Old 11-11-2022, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that Toxigen and cd288? The same two guys who lurk for any mention of Enchanters being overpowered? It looks like cd288 admits channeling is broken now.

"Oh I knew it was broken the whole time"

LOL.. dude you have fought every single shred of proof I've put together about why Enchanter is broken and you damn well know it goes far beyond channeling because you've posted in every single bug report about the topic for as long as you've played here.
We're talking YEARS AND YEARS that he's been doing this, while using his bullshit to enable himself to solo-farm raid content for massive profits.
Old 11-11-2022, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

i couldnt care less i havent logged on my enc in 6 months

its just hilarious this clown azxten is so butthurt over 23 year old elfsim
Old 11-11-2022, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingWarrior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the stronger arguments for unclassicness. Hate was not a "Chanter Solo Zone" during classic.
Even though something wasn't done,doesn't mean it wasn't possible.
I leveled my shadowknights to 49 before kunark dropped, I didn't know there was an xp penalty, I was 13
People know the game mechanics a lot more in depth now