Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Fire Giant

Default Initial Aggro/Hatelist Missle Lock

Posted this in a different thread awhile ago but not in the bug section.

Mobs passing by other players and they are not added to the hate list.

I'm sure this must be really difficult to code or it would of already be done. It is kind of similar to Pulling with invisible where a mob will not pass his hate list to other mobs.

Possibly have a check every tick (faster?) where it would check for PC's in range and add them? I dunno.

It kinda needs to be addressed before Velious because it will simply make the RAMPAGE list way too easy to manipulate.

As it is currently there isn't really any danger when another person's mob/train passes by you. The only thing you need to do is simply move away before the player zones/feigns/etc.

When this is added you will no longer have people kiting NPCs and creating clusterfucks in zones where they are trying to kill a Raid NPC the fastest. On live this tactic was hardly ever used. The reason was not because the players did not think of it. It was because training shit around other raids was called a Zone disruption.

Every single player that got into the aggro range of an NPC that was being trained around was added to the hate list on every single mob in the train. Someone on that list sits and you get trained. Someone on that list gets healed, you get steamrolled. Someone happens to get closer to the mobs than the kiter, trained again. This tactic is complete garbage and should be a Zone Disruption when it occurs because it is essentially a death sentence for most of the people in the zone when this is fixed.

There is an exception to this to however but it only occurs at the lower levels. When a mob is under a certain level it will only attack the person that is the closest in range. It seems like there is a simple Hate List that has no accumulation of Hate regardless of how much damage you do/sit/nuke/etc. What level this Magic Number occurs, I am not sure. 10? 15? 20? 25?
Old 03-01-2013, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

Bump, need fix for this ;(
Old 03-01-2013, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

I knew I couldn't have been the only one who remembered aggro to work like this. I know for a fact when someone passed by you with a train, even if you were just standing there, you ran to the zone or camped out because that train would beeline to you next, just based on prox aggro.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-19-2013, 03:48 AM
Fire Giant

Bump
Old 04-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Kobold

Treats is absolutely right on this issue. Look no further than the exploits of Fansy the famous bard for proof.

http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php

Aggro'd NPC should be able to proximity aggro other PCs.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

They did a good job of adding the basics of this mechanic back in october, but I think it should be fully implemented.

Right now "social aggro" works in a way that once a person has aggro, anyone who damages one mob in the train gets aggro on all of them. This allowed Bards to start "charm kiting". But this aggro needs to be "assumed" at all times, not just when a person does a hostile action. If a mob gets within aggro range of you, you're added to the hate list, irregardless of any action performed by you.

I do not know however if you need to be sitting...I remember it as just being in proximity, but it's been too long. And Fansy is the best example of this in action.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Sarnak

There's also the mechanic that, in the instance where 2 or more players have ONLY proximity aggro, the mob will attack the player CLOSEST to itself. This is what allowed fansy to steam roll everyone he ran by.

This mechanic is still easily seen on the eqmac server, where the player Lron gained 'legend status' for his constant training.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump, need fix for this ;(
Old 05-01-2013, 11:25 AM
Banned

lets Lron this place~!
Old 05-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yibz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Treats is absolutely right on this issue. Look no further than the exploits of Fansy the famous bard for proof.

http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php

Aggro'd NPC should be able to proximity aggro other PCs.
[Thu Jul 05 00:23:55 2001] Nizzar shouts, 'good job pansy'

^ lol wtf