Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 01:54 PM
Banned

Kind of interested in seeing all the recordings from all the other seal team first achievements now. Kind of putting them in doubt.

I mean if this is what people call legit, fine. ill call it legit. But from real classic, this is not. Wondering how the other firsts where done now that we have seen how they did this. And i wonder if this is how the tempo of this server is going to be allowed to be set, or just as red happened will other guilds get to cheese naggy like this or will it be "bannable" by time we do it? ( i am not trolling, i experienced this first hand, i'd love to get some clarity) we have enough pet classes to cheese him now, but due to what happened on red we stayed away. Kind of shitty to see it happening again.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

I dunno why anyone is surprised, Seal Team is Aftermath after all. What if I told you there was another server. One that they weren't on?
Old 11-15-2019, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutelittlecow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Dunno what y'all are expecting from a raid force involving 4-5 level 50's and the majority in their mid 30's.
That it wasn't done with "4-5 level 50's and the majority in their mid 30's"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dunno why anyone is surprised, Seal Team is Aftermath after all. What if I told you there was another server. One that they weren't on?
The biggest irony of all, the lot of them couldn't do five push ups.

Unless 'Seal' as in blubbery mammal, ok makes sense.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PvP exists on Green, Teal and Blue. Just go to any starting city arena and go at it. Or go to Lake Rathetear and zone over to the arena and go at it.

Or use the /duel command.

No need for open world PvP.
You miss the point.

If I want something you have, I can just take it from you. I can't do that with /duel, arenas or irl.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

EQ raiding is and always has been a case of, "How hard can we 'sploit and not get punished for?" Been that way since the start. Anyone claiming otherwise is either woefully ignorant or outright delusional. That's par for the course in any open-ended game and could be regarded as equivalent to the widespread pushing the rules that takes place in many other areas of competition (notoriously in auto racing, as an example).

In other words, it's fair game until the admins say it isn't. Nice job on a Nagafen kill with an undergeared low-level scratch force.

Danth
Old 11-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeshma_nameless [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah ok, thanks.

What happened to Red Server though, it has single digit players and sometimes low double digits?
IMO, Velious happened! The difference between players in full Classic-era gear vs. full Kunark-era gear is not hugely significant in regards to PvP.

On the other hand, the difference between players in full NTOV gear vs. players equipped with anything less is enormous. The huge amount of Hitpoints, AC and Resists on NTOV/Sleeper's (ie +100HP +35AC and +15 or greater to all resists) gear completely detroys the ALREADY skewed balance of EverQuest PvP.

Warriors and Monks become completely unstoppable PvP monsters able single-handedly kill eradicate entire groups of lesser-geared players; and once "Guild A" has begun to acquire said gear it becomes nigh impossible for "Guilds B-Z" to even compete.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:53 PM
Orc

I'm just surprised by the speed of everything. I have to admit I'm ignorant when it comes to P99. I did not expect people to hit level 50 within a week and take down a raid mob in 2 weeks.

On one level it's impressive that people know the game so intimately that they can perform these kinds of accomplishments.

On another level I have to wonder what drives people to keep playing when they clearly know this game inside and out.

I'm naïve I suppose, I was expecting a slower progression of things. I'm still having fun though and we'll see how things change over the course of the next several months.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ raiding is and always has been a case of, "How hard can we 'sploit and not get punished for?" Been that way since the start. Anyone claiming otherwise is either woefully ignorant or outright delusional. That's par for the course in any open-ended game and could be regarded as equivalent to the widespread pushing the rules that takes place in many other areas of competition (notoriously in auto racing, as an example).

In other words, it's fair game until the admins say it isn't. Nice job on a Nagafen kill with an undergeared low-level scratch force.

Danth
I'd say this applies to just about every MMO, ever, to be honest. It's just far more punishingly significant in a purely-sandbox MMO like EverQuest, wherein one guild's gain is effectively all other guild's losses.

Thankfully the "elite guilds" on the P99 servers are far less selective than they were on Live. Essentially any player level 60 can apply (and likely get accepted) to any "top tier guild" on Blue. This may be different on Green/Teal though, as the populations are significantly higher.

I expect (based on their low population counts) that Tanks and Monks/Rogues will be in very high demand a month or two from now as the planes begin to open up and additional guilds look to begin raiding. Then we have a FULL YEAR until Kunark releases which will, apparently, be more than sufficient for these guilds to powerlevel all the Warriors/Monks/Rogues/Clerics they will need for Kunark raiding.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just surprised by the speed of everything. I have to admit I'm ignorant when it comes to P99. I did not expect people to hit level 50 within a week and take down a raid mob in 2 weeks.

On one level it's impressive that people know the game so intimately that they can perform these kinds of accomplishments.

On another level I have to wonder what drives people to keep playing when they clearly know this game inside and out.

I'm naïve I suppose, I was expecting a slower progression of things. I'm still having fun though and we'll see how things change over the course of the next several months.
Yeah, but for me Green is about my journey, not what other people do when I am not there. I am lvl 13 even though I was online the first day. And it will take me months and months to get to raiding Naggy. So my experience is very classic. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2019, 03:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing more tired than the oft-repeated calls for a new PvP server are the chorus of replies about how, "LOL RED IS DEAD, PVP IN EQ IS UNBALANCED AND TOTAL FAIL U MORAN." Invariably the people saying this know nothing about the history of Red and have never played on any EQ PvP server, classic or emulated.

The reality is that EQ PvP is literally more balanced than EQ PvE. All classes have a niche in EQ PvP, an area in which they can excel. Hybrids are particularly effective, whereas on a Blue server they are basically a joke. Wizards are useful for more than raid kills. Druids are extremely good. When you factor in PvP + PvE together EverQuest reaches its highest level of immersion and class balance.

The strange thing is that EQ as played on P1999 PvE is inherently a PvP game: the content itself is never the challenge, the only challenge is beating other players to that content. So these Blue players who decry PvP are totally incoherent, because they are actively engaged in competition against other players. They are just competing indirectly rather than directly. The PvP players simply prefer their competition to be more direct and concrete.
This. You sir nailed it.
Closed Thread