Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Banned

Default PvP server, let's look at possibilities *keep clean, no flaming, trolling, derailing*

Null has stated he has a free box with a good connection and possibly has the ability do do some dev work. With this knowledge there is already the hardware in place to get this ball rolling.

I would like to suggest making an older version of the p99 source available as open source, any copy pre-kunark would be legit and the PvP community can work on their own fixes with their own dev team using the out-dated P99 source as a backbone. Hopefully many of the changes made could be merged with the current p99 involving resist/ac fixes and it would be mutually beneficial to both:

P99 would get many hotfixes regarding player combat, resists, AC, and damage formula changes

Red99 would get a stable, classic-esque server for use to give the PvP population something more credible to play on.

In the end I don't see why P99 would have to devote time and staff to maintain a second server when the community already has the hardware, staff, and player base to support itself. Like I said this has potential for both servers if Nilbog allows older source versions to be readily available just like PEQ has done in the past.