Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 04-30-2024, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Don't forget that enchanters actually get access to the spells tepid deeds which completely negates the need to buy a 2k weapon for your pet that doesn't add dmg
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-30-2024, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't forget that enchanters actually get access to the spells tepid deeds which completely negates the need to buy a 2k weapon for your pet that doesn't add dmg
I agree casting slow would help tremendously. My Shaman pet can tank quite well when a mob is slowed, and Zumaik's Animation should be tankier than the Shaman pet due to Zumaik's Animation being higher level.

My assumption has been OP knows about Slow and has been casting it already if needed. It sounds like they just want to be as lazy as possible:

1. Put Weapons on Zumaik's Animation.
2. Buff Pet once in a while.
3. Slow if needed.
4. Watch TV or w/e.

That's why I am assuming Charming is off the table for OP. It goes against being as lazy as possible.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-30-2024 at 03:52 PM..
Old 04-30-2024, 04:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree casting slow would help tremendously. My Shaman pet can tank quite well when a mob is slowed, and Zumaik's Animation should be tankier than the Shaman pet due to Zumaik's Animation being higher level.

My assumption has been OP knows about Slow and has been casting it already if needed. It sounds like they just want to be as lazy as possible:

1. Put Weapons on Zumaik's Animation.
2. Buff Pet once in a while.
3. Slow if needed.
4. Watch TV or w/e.

That's why I am assuming Charming is off the table for OP. It goes against being as lazy as possible.
Yes, exactly this. I’ve charmed Geo’s and it ain’t exactly an afk camp.
Old 04-30-2024, 04:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes if you use a two hander I believe you have to torch as well to keep dual wield.
Anyone know if this is true for animations? I think this advice was for a charmed pet.
Old 04-30-2024, 04:03 PM
Kobold

Should have named the thread “Pimp my Zumaik’s”
Old 04-30-2024, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Edit: misread the question

Yes you have to torch them to make then dw with a 2hander
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-30-2024, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagglebaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone know if this is true for animations? I think this advice was for a charmed pet.
As far as I know animations don't have special restrictions on dual wielding once the pet is high enough level to do so. Wiki says Animations can dual wield when your pet is level 20 or higher. Zumaik's Animation is obviously much higher level than that.

You can test it yourself with rusty weapons or something. Put a 2h slash weapon in one hand and like a blunting or piercing weapon in the other. Check your logs to see if you see "slashes" and "crushes" in your Animation's hit/miss messages.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: misread the question

Yes you have to torch them to make then dw with a 2hander
No worries! It was poorly written
Old 05-01-2024, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagglebaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, exactly this. I’ve charmed Geo’s and it ain’t exactly an afk camp.
Well it can be if you just want to kill two mobs like every 6:40. You can sit in the loop safely (as long as no one trains) and just pull two mobs back into there, kill them, wait for respawn, repeat.
Old 05-01-2024, 03:32 PM
Kobold

zumaiks starts out automatically dual-wielding, with fast regen... it's damage cannot be increased either outside of proc weapons. If you want a true idle afk, find a monster that can't outdamage it's health....

I've played around plenty with animations, you shouldn't have a problem if you use slow, but outside of that, it's going to be a real issue if you want full afk. Animations aren't as reliable to auto-kill like magician or necromancer pets.

Don't get me wrong, animations are hella strong in the right conditions. Throw down a slow, put up a dot or 2, launch a nuke, and you should be good to go for most mobs.

let me repeat, outside of proc weapons, you're just wasting your time giving them new weapons. all #FashionQuest