Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well nobody gives a shit about your uterus, it's more the unborn human being living inside it. That's kinda the thing.
The person whos uterus it is cares more about their unborn baby than you do when making that choice. Their body physiologically and hormonally makes sure of that. So when a woman makes the choice to have an abortion, there is a very good reason for it.
Old 09-06-2021, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the abortion topic is one that has no solution.

It's designed to cause conflict between two groups of people while a third profits off their misery.

doesn't matter how angry you get or how correct you think you are. If you participate you lose.
Pro-choice is a no brainer. I'm republican. Its annoying when dumb republicans do this shit.
Old 09-06-2021, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatordash [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pro-choice is a no brainer. I'm republican. Its annoying when dumb republicans do this shit.
It doesn't matter. note im not saying you don't matter. I'm saying whether you're pro-choice or pro-life, it doesn't matter. It was an argument created with no solution.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:01 PM
Banned

The argument against abortion is the same as the argument against murder; you're killing a human being.

However I understand there can be other factors at play. If the woman was raped, or the woman faces a serious threat to her own health due to some kind of complication, I support the option to abort the pregnancy.

My issue is that the vast majority of abortions do not fall into either of those categories, it's just people being careless and accidentally conceiving. All of us posting about this topic had the privilege of not being aborted. It's frankly very morbid and creepy to champion abortion as if it's a human right or a good thing. Killing a human is absolutely antithetical to the notion of human rights.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The argument against abortion is the same as the argument against murder; you're killing a human being.

However I understand there can be other factors at play. If the woman was raped, or the woman faces a serious threat to her own health due to some kind of complication, I support the option to abort the pregnancy.

My issue is that the vast majority of abortions do not fall into either of those categories, it's just people being careless and accidentally conceiving. All of us posting about this topic had the privilege of not being aborted. It's frankly very morbid and creepy to champion abortion as if it's a human right or a good thing. Killing a human is absolutely antithetical to the notion of human rights.
You can spin the abortion topic both ways it, does, not, matter.
It was created to keep people in conflict with each other.

Edit: someone smarter than all of us a long, long time ago before you were even born thought up this topic.
They've had years to perfect it.

This is the last post I'll make saying this since I'm apparently beating a dead horse.
Last edited by Baler; 09-06-2021 at 01:09 PM..
Old 09-06-2021, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't matter. note im not saying you don't matter. I'm saying whether you're pro-choice or pro-life, it doesn't matter. It was an argument created with no solution.
There wouldn't be an argument at all if conservatives weren't trying to blow up the separation of church and state so they can force their religious beliefs on the rest of us.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
You can spin the abortion topic both ways it, does, not, matter.
It was created to keep people in conflict with each other.

Edit: someone smarter than all of us a long, long time ago before you were even born thought up this topic.
They've had years to perfect it.

This is the last post I'll make saying this since I'm apparently beating a dead horse.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Sure keeping people divided might be a useful tactic to some, but I'm not sure what that has to do with a philosophical discussion of killing unborn humans. I mean we clearly have a moral standard, as a society. Why should this topic be off the table? Seems arbitrary.

Also lol at horza for yet again pulling the "discussing it on an elf forum" thing. Totally irrelevant. As if posting on an elf forum means you *only* post on an elf forum. This is off-topic, it is specifically designated for discussing things not related to everquest or p99. That's all I'm doing.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There wouldn't be an argument at all if conservatives weren't trying to blow up the separation of church and state so they can force their religious beliefs on the rest of us.
No there is a perfectly secular argument against abortion, it's the same one we use against murder. You're killing a human, full stop. There's no magical distinction where a fertilized egg "becomes" a person, it's a totally arbitrary distinction. But again I'm not hard-line about it, I understand the mother has interests too, and I've already made those concessions. You can keep the value of the unborn child and the mother in mind simultaneously, it's not a binary yes or no issue.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

You're wrong because you are assuming the person who carelessly gets pregnant is also carelessly getting an abortion. That's not how it works. This is a huge decision for the woman getting an abortion and it is going to be something they think about every day for the rest of their life, so its incredibly ridiculous that you/crazy republican politician thinks they are better at making this woman's decision than her.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

How about responsibility for your own actions.
How about that.
Closed Thread