Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 05-02-2024, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who the hell gives a care about fear kiting?
People who know how to play the game and want to take less damage than simply face tanking mobs while soloing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI_IJ_F1GCY

You can fear kite just fine in difficult areas like Sebilis. I am not sure why you believe fear kiting is only used in zones like Dreadlands.
Old 05-02-2024, 10:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who the hell gives a care about fear kiting?

Is this dreadlands in 2000 you still obscurely live in amazed by some dude soloing like that?

Auto attack on.
Alt tab.
After YouTube finished or what have you, alt tab back.
Target next mob. Repeat.

The push spell cast interrupt changes made tunare sword amazing. Before that the 2hs and fist were absolute garbage items to have on. Now they’re BIS. In regards to comparing it to vulak axe. Vulak better. Hardly. Irrelevant comparison as both are so good.
What is push spell cast interrupt? Only Tunare sword has this?
Old 05-02-2024, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundrige [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is push spell cast interrupt? Only Tunare sword has this?
Until a few years ago, you could interrupt a mob's spell consistently by pushing them far enough from the point at which they started casting. You could stop mobs from Complete Healing and Gating this way.

Obviously rooting a mob prevents them from being pushed, which nullified this strategy. Tunare Sword has a root proc, which made it bad against spell casters that you wanted to push for spell inpterruption purposes.

Now pushing mobs basically does nothing to interrupt a mob's spell.

If a mob is fearable, you still can interrupt a mob's spell by fearing a rooted mob before the spell finishes. You need to cast one fear per mob spell. This is not as efficient as preventing a mob from casting due to them fleeing via fear, so Tunare Sword is still not as good at stopping spell casters generally speaking. If you happen to be in a situation where you can't fear kite due to space restrictions, root becomes good again. But as someone else metioned, you can get root via Herbalist's Spade, so you don't need to get Tunare Sword just for access to root.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 05-02-2024 at 11:06 PM..
Old 05-03-2024, 01:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
The push spell cast interrupt changes made tunare sword amazing. Before that the 2hs and fist were absolute garbage items to have on.
This. No idea why I typed it as "push aggro" instead of "push interrupt". Must have absentmindedly combined the wording of two different nerfs that have no classic basis.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:35 AM
Planar Protector

Tunare drops 2-4 items, usually 3-4 in my experience. She has a 10 item loot table. The Tuna sword can be used by two classes.

Vulak drops 3 items. It has a 22 item loot table. The Vulaxe can be used by 3 classes.

Outside napkin math the chance to get a Vulax is MUCH lower than a Tuna sword. Anyone concerned about root is ignoring the fact that by the time you have either of these you will have at least a few good weapons that don’t proc root. Rocksmashers for example are basically free.

I’d go for Tuna myself so you can spend on other items or other toons while doing a little more dps. Plus you might root Statue and kill a stupid rogue or monk which is a level of joy no parse can give you.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plus you might root Statue and kill a stupid rogue or monk which is a level of joy no parse can give you.
Can statue actually be rooted? I just tend to assume raid mobs can't be, but I haven't tested them all.

I wonder what Statue's poison resists look like, that might be a good candidate for Rogue slow prior to shaman slow landing.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE
Old 05-03-2024, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can statue actually be rooted? I just tend to assume raid mobs can't be, but I haven't tested them all.

I wonder what Statue's poison resists look like, that might be a good candidate for Rogue slow prior to shaman slow landing.
Ya statue is easy to root, it just doesn't last long. Back when wars used root nets, I kept him rooted for a tick with a net lol
Old 05-03-2024, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Statue is marked as unslowable which means trident doesn't land either. This is different from MR immune which is the usual case here.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yes half the fun of statue is killing the melee that can't max melee. Bless root weapons.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Statue is marked as unslowable which means trident doesn't land either. This is different from MR immune which is the usual case here.
Oops I meant aow.