Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 01:40 PM
Large Rat

Default Best moneymaker?

So I played forever ago and am just getting back into EQ after finding P99.
I play a Ranger because that's my first love, but I was wondering what the concensus would be on what the best class is purely for making money?
Keep in mind it would need to be something that doesn't take a large investment of money to get going because I'm starting from scratch here.
Thanks in advance!
Old 07-15-2015, 10:28 PM
Kobold

There's a few ways to answer that.

Best class for being totally gear-independent, able to farm moderate amounts of raw plat from killing mobs early on and at a good pace: Necromancer.

Best class for being somewhat gear-independent, able to make moderate plat porting without leveling up too high: Druid.

Best class for solo farming high-end dungeon loot for the big $, while being moderately gear-dependent: Enchanter

Best class for farming at 60 in velious high-end for the big $, while requiring a HUGE investment (I'm lookin' at you, Torpor): Shaman
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 07-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Orc

Druid (ports), shaman (sow pot's, killing for cash) pre lvl 30 is probably a push
Old 07-15-2015, 10:43 PM
Banned

I'd say druid for ports if you don't care about end game
or enchanter.
Chanter won't be as prime come velious, but I have found it to be delightful. You can make a good chunk of change running into dangerous areas and selling clarity/haste. You can do JC. You don't need a bunch of gear, a fungi, an epic, and torpor (shaman required).

And once you get good, you can start doing some pretty awesome soloing! Even going up from 45 in lguk I made several k just doing exe/sage camps and the trash in between!
Old 07-15-2015, 10:50 PM
Kobold

When I moved to red, I had nothing. I rolled a Druid. The money starts to flow when you can port people, plus there are a number of camps you can solo, given your huge list of tools. I also got my first power leveling income today.

Other classes might be able to make more money, but the Druid gives you plenty of different options for doing so.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:59 AM
Large Rat

Chanter, farm HS while in list for Chardok.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I moved to red, I had nothing. I rolled a Druid. The money starts to flow when you can port people, plus there are a number of camps you can solo, given your huge list of tools. I also got my first power leveling income today.

Other classes might be able to make more money, but the Druid gives you plenty of different options for doing so.
this ^^
Old 07-16-2015, 05:21 AM
Fire Giant

Female

Wood Elf

Druid
Old 07-16-2015, 08:49 AM
Sarnak

How much can you expect to earn per hour at 50+ with a class just soloing non-named mobs with a solo-able class (Necro / Mage / Shm / Ench ect)?

Seeing how the population has grown on Blue and that I primarily can only play during peak hours it is unrealistic for me to assume that I can get a highly sought camp.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty405 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How much can you expect to earn per hour at 50+ with a class just soloing non-named mobs with a solo-able class (Necro / Mage / Shm / Ench ect)?

Seeing how the population has grown on Blue and that I primarily can only play during peak hours it is unrealistic for me to assume that I can get a highly sought camp.
You'd be better off not trying to farm at all and just playing whatever class you really want to play in rags. Non-named farming basically consists of seafuries (which are still very heavily camped most of the time), hill giants (moderately camped usually?), or FS weapons off guards... stuff like that. SFs can probably make 2k+ per hour if you have the island to yourself and are efficient. Other stuff like farming FS or HGs is going to be... maybe 300-500pp in an hour? Something like that.

If you only can play at peak consider not soloing. Make friends, join a good guild, get into groups at camps where you can win a drop and make some plat. Or learn how to powerlevel well and sell your services. Or keep an eye out for utility items/quest items people like and work to camp those or sell the MQs and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a few ways to answer that.

Best class for being totally gear-independent, able to farm moderate amounts of raw plat from killing mobs early on and at a good pace: Necromancer.

Best class for being somewhat gear-independent, able to make moderate plat porting without leveling up too high: Druid.

Best class for solo farming high-end dungeon loot for the big $, while being moderately gear-dependent: Enchanter

Best class for farming at 60 in velious high-end for the big $, while requiring a HUGE investment (I'm lookin' at you, Torpor): Shaman
I don't think druids or enchanters need any gear either, really. Druids can get groups at lowbie levels and then charm to 60 in rags.

Enchanters can solo 1-60 in rags and can even camp stuff like droga, lguk, or NG totally naked (I used to like soloing NG naked while waiting on king groups to recover from a wipe), and the gear they want to solo harder stuff like HS south or crypt is very cheap.

And as for shaman's being big-target solo kings in Velious? Yeah, that's the theory. But in reality it will probably be MONTHS before it is feasible for an average Joe to get any of those targets to try.
Closed Thread