Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 10:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default make a FAQ sticky

In light of Violinist's post perhaps a FAQ sticky thread would be helpful in attracting new blood and allow them to better acclimate to people like troof and other trolls that just need to get laid once.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 08-14-2015, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

wud b gud, definitely
Old 08-14-2015, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

I've thought about making an entry-level PvP guide for new players. That's as far as I got.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In light of Violinist's post perhaps a FAQ sticky thread would be helpful in attracting new blood and allow them to better acclimate to people like troof and other trolls that just need to get laid once.

Any thoughts on this?
Which post are you referring to?
Old 08-14-2015, 04:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Is red the way to go.
It's not the only post asking questions about red just the one I read the most recently and I figured since so many people are asking questions it would be a good idea. Also a intro to pvp would be cool to. Maybe how to use pumice a basic guide of how each class is.
For example
Druid: Dot and root if they have low enough MR. Always have gate on your bar etc. Etc.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:20 PM
Orc

I started on the server yesterday. In my limited experience, it's not as bad as the forums make it out to be. You see some trash talking in /ooc, and there are a lot of people that park twinks in popular XP spots to harass newbie groups. I quickly learned to just ignore /OOC when it gets weird, and just move to a less populated zone when a Twink shows up. I've met plenty of people that are just as nice as you'll find on Blue here, too. In addition, the XP bonus is great, and it's easy to find people for a group in many unconventional zones (or even popular ones, camps are rarely contested.) Nobody really cares that I'm tanking with cloth and leather drops, people are just happy to group up.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:41 PM
Kobold

I'm Violinist.

My post = https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=205609

I originally posted just to get an idea of how people felt about the server. I kept getting conflicting answers in-game, and after browsing the forums; there's a lot of toxic players and drama... but once you are in-game and you take the time to actually play and encounter people, start grouping, etc; it's a good place to be.

Prefer it over blue for sure.

Avoid RnF, don't pay attention to OOC other than to buy/sell/group/ports and it's a pretty decent place.

The toxic players on the forums are easily distinguishable; avoid such players as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
theres no point attracting new blood, when they see what this server really is they run away, we only retain the most toxic players

thats why the server is almost 100% toxics
Disagree. Not everyone is toxic, they merely just speak more and it appears as so.

Brunzil / Zulzephur of Tarew Marr - Drinal
Brunzil of Rallos Zek - Zek
Old 08-14-2015, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulzephur - Tarew Marr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm Violinist.

My post = https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=205609

I originally posted just to get an idea of how people felt about the server. I kept getting conflicting answers in-game, and after browsing the forums; there's a lot of toxic players and drama... but once you are in-game and you take the time to actually play and encounter people, start grouping, etc; it's a good place to be.

Prefer it over blue for sure.

Avoid RnF, don't pay attention to OOC other than to buy/sell/group/ports and it's a pretty decent place.

The toxic players on the forums are easily distinguishable; avoid such players as well.

Disagree. Not everyone is toxic, they merely just speak more and it appears as so.
Excellent post.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

I really pissed a guy off earlier (L50 or so).

I nuked him when he zoned into Velks, he zoned out. I followed him. I managed to target him and nuke him twice more due to the walls outside the Velks zone in somehow being transparent and allowing you to nuke through them. He died. He said I had really ruined his high and camped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's not like he had a long run, he was bound right there.

If you're not prepared to take a pvp death sometimes you're not going to last long. I've still got a shit load to learn but common sense is a good starting point. Grow a thick skin early. I have, Hateraid kills me all the time and I laugh.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like you are meeting cool and normal people leveling up

get to endgame and start meeting the servers wonderful players then check back in 6 months.
They aren't all bad; the higher ups. Obviously Empire runs their mouth here a lot, and unfortunately they clog up most the server, but I've also spoken to a couple of them randomly and weren't bad people themselves.

I have ran into a handful of douchebags though leveling up; it's not all unicorns and rainbows, but it's all good.

I try not to look at the guild tags and associate all of them as good, or bad; but judge each one on their merits.

Brunzil / Zulzephur of Tarew Marr - Drinal
Brunzil of Rallos Zek - Zek
Last edited by Zulzephur - Tarew Marr; 08-14-2015 at 07:22 PM..
Closed Thread