Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2011, 01:30 PM
Banned

Default The line for JCP is a terrible concept

I don't understand the concept behind this line. From what I gather it was originally created because a bunch of casuals were whining that they didn't have a chance at the prod because people who were guilded made sure that their guildies would get a prod before handing the camp off. For some reason this was a problem so a line was put into place so that you only had to show up to have a chance at the prod. The line however has it's own problems. Namely, it is very long. As I type this the next 20 hours worth of prods are spoken for. This means, that you have to have 24 hours of time where you can't play your character but instead have to go sit at a spot and do something else. The caveat being, that according to the current rules of said line, you can't really leave your computer for more than 20 minutes of that 24 hours because if you linkdead for any period of time longer than that you're going to lose your spot and have to start over. Personally, I have zero problem whatsoever actively, non-afk, camping an item for 12 hours or so, possibly longer but that's not how this line works. This camp awards people who have no desire whatsoever to actually play their character so long as they can A) show up when their spawn is due, and B) have a steady enough internet connection to never go link dead while in the line. It's for this reason there are now people farming the item repeatedly, because it involves a grand total of about 10minutes of actual playtime per prod and minimal effort. That's not how camps are supposed to work, and this is the only one I can think of off the top of my head where afk camping is not only allowed, but due to the length of the line and a 4 hour spawn time actually encouraged. I don't understand why this system is allowed?

P.S. Yes I'm partly QQ'ing because although I've spent more time there then everyone else in the line, because I went ld while sleeping while they were afk sleeping not ld I lost my spot and they did not, but I would like to think that camps in EverQuest have never been as easy as show up, go do something else, come back later, profit.

Edit: Since at some point I'm sure a solution would probably be asked for, I would recommend that if an open line was kept in place, there be a rule that you are at your keyboard, not afking 20 hours at a time and that you are able to respond within a reasonable timeframe to a camp check or you lose your spot, just like at every other camp in the game. This way, all the afk campers stop showing up, and it is no longer encouraged given the ruleset.
Last edited by Mcbard; 06-02-2011 at 01:33 PM..