Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Project Manager

Default Velious Spells - Community Input/Discussion

As we progress through Velious (Currently on Skyshrine, btw), the npcs are fully developed except for spell drop loots. It's easier to do them in groups, per level ranges/zones as necessary after the npcs properly exist.

I try to outsource tasks which can be completed outside of the development team. Spell drop research can certainly be one of them. I was preparing to do this myself and thought I'd give community effort a chance so I can proceed elsewhere.

Velious spells: I need a consolidated list of spells that drop from release, ones added later, and ones that should only drop from certain npcs.

I expect there to be.. a few different lootIDs which can then be applied various places.

A level 60 list: A lootdrop list of only 60 spells to be aligned to level 60 'boss' npcs?
level 59-60 list?
level 55-60 ?
level 55-59 ?
level 51-54 ?
lower ones 35(ish)-44?

Should any of these include Kunark spells from Velious launch? Later?

This can be a good project due to the fact you'll ultimately be relying on these to obtain your spells.

Discuss.

Vandy has created a google doc for helping to track which npcs should drop which spells.

Quote:
Velious Spells Looking for people to help participate in research for Velious Spell drops. I have a google docs spreadsheet with the information I have been collecting that anyone can view. There is a comments section and if you are logged in you can real time chat on the side. People can be added as contributors to the project or post information here to be updated.

Velious Spell Sheet

1. We need to get an accurate list of which NPCs dropped which spells.
-i.e I find evidence Composition of Ervaj only dropping from Lodizal and Woushi using wayback machine Alla , Casterrealm, Graffe

2. We need to know how many spells each Raid Boss could drop and what % chance to drop that group of spells
-i.e Lodizal would drop 2 spells, had a chance to drop a 3rd spell and even less chance to drop a 4th spell. ( 2x100%, 1x50%, 1x20% ? )

3. What spells were changed and how through the Velious timeline. There is a 2nd sheet for this. The first sheet will deal with spells that were in at Velious Launch.

Thank You
Last edited by nilbog; 01-03-2014 at 02:13 PM..