Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 04:42 PM
Banned

Default This mob AEing through walls thing is bullshit

I'm sorry man but getting wrecked by AoE from groups two or three rooms away is frankly retarded, especially when I'm just sneaking through dungeons and it breaks my hide and causes a train.

For the visual:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm the blue dot no where near the yellow dots (players fighting) and even further from the red dots (wizard mobs) and I can be sitting in a safe hall and out of nowhere I get:

You have been wracked by static winds you take 79 pts of damage!

Which is followed by a long line of "Frrrrooooooooak"

It seems like any mob that can cast can nail you through several walls, doors, floors, ceilings as long as they are within spell range and frankly it's just annoying when you're not even engaging said mobs.

Seriously though fix that shit, even on live I can LoS spells but here if it's going off within the radius of it's cast EVERYONE is going to get nailed, and there is no point in running cause it's going to

A) train

B) continue nuking me down from the lord area all the way to the god damn gargoyles without moving an inch.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Bug section imo.

Really this is fucked up. To my understanding they had to change the way ae's work because certain guilds would "corner" a boss to use geometry to avoid ae. They changed the mechanic of AE in order to fix that (non-classic, but addresses the problem), but this situation is definitely a non-classic side effect.

Please find another way to deal with "cornering" so that the kind of situation Aba presents doesn't happen. This is extremely non-classic and makes life extremely difficult for small rogues trying to sneak through packed dungeons.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bug section imo.

Really this is fucked up. To my understanding they had to change the way ae's work because certain guilds would "corner" a boss to use geometry to avoid ae. They changed the mechanic of AE in order to fix that (non-classic, but addresses the problem), but this situation is definitely a non-classic side effect.

Please find another way to deal with "cornering" so that the kind of situation Aba presents doesn't happen. This is extremely non-classic and makes life extremely difficult for small rogues trying to sneak through packed dungeons.
Well even in live during classic people would wall Nagafen for example to keep the DPS from being mowed down by his AE's and feared off, you can wayback machine old strats and positions and they'll all point to using geometry to negate AE
Old 03-28-2010, 05:35 PM
Kobold

Yes, but solB is an inside zone. So is lguk for that matter. From my understanding, AE should be checking line of sight inside, but not checking line of sight outside. I have no proof of this being classic except from what I remember. I will see if I can find something.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

AEs did NOT go through walls in Classic. That's the whole point of moving mobs to places you could put healers around the corner.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

yes i have to side with this post, AEs did not go trought walls in classic, ever ... we always used geometry to protect healers and casters from getting hit ...
Old 03-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

yeah, indoors mobs ought to be able to be walled, outdoors not

i do believe rogean has mentioned that he's working on causing it to be such, and in the meantime he's put it as both indoors and outdoors do not check for walls. it's not permanent though JUST HANG IN THERE LITTLE BUDDY
Old 03-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Banned

Can we get a rogue EVADE fix too?

"You have ducked away from combat"

LOADING PLEASE WAIT

/g WTF!?
Old 03-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
AEs did NOT go through walls in Classic. That's the whole point of moving mobs to places you could put healers around the corner.
Remember that Dozekar fight in NTOV?

Basically you HAD to wall that motherfucker to kill him
Old 03-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Kobold

I made a post about this a month ago

Pulling as a monk because of this can be a nightmare

I was told it was 'classic"
Closed Thread