Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People have a witch hunt mentality about boxing here and it's unfortunate.
No it isn't. You can choose from any other non-P99 emulated EverQuest server out there if you want to 2-box, 3-box, 12-box.

Plenty of choice. Give PEQ a try, give one of the Al'Kabor revival servers a try.

Part of the winning formula for P99 is the fact that boxing isn't allowed here.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:16 PM
Aviak

I always looked at boxing as a person using an extra account to take on content that couldn't otherwise be done. I now realize my view was not correct in that there is other views that people have that they feel is boxing that can get you banned.
Last edited by Greymantle; 03-26-2015 at 03:21 PM..
Old 03-26-2015, 04:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greymantle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always looked at boxing as a person using an extra account to take on content that couldn't otherwise be done. I now realize my view was not correct in that there is other views that people have that they feel is boxing that can get you banned.
Holy shit man, let it go.

1.) No no cares what your interpretation of 2 boxing is. It is stated in the rules you are not allowed to control 2 characters at the same time.
2.) When you put in the petition for the IP exemption these rules were again highlighted
3.) The GM's can see (and are alerted i'm guessing) as soon as someone logs on 2 accounts from the same PC. I've seen a guildie popped for this before and the GM was there near instantly when he logged in the other toon
4.) Your accounts are suspended for 30 days not banned. If you account(s) have been banned this is not your first offence 2 boxing and you should know better; that or you have acted like a tool and been disrespectful to the GM's.
5.) Making this all public and constant whining on the forums is hurting your case with the GM's (trust me on this one)
6.) You broke the rules, you got caught, stop the bullshit and keep on with the few shreds of dignity you have left.

I am truly apathetic to your wife condition and I feel for you.

With that said have a good hard look in the mirror and ask yourself why you would use your wife's illness to try and manipulate people on an elf simulator... that's the most fucked up part of the whole thing IMO

<3
Old 03-26-2015, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it isn't. You can choose from any other non-P99 emulated EverQuest server out there if you want to 2-box, 3-box, 12-box.

Plenty of choice. Give PEQ a try, give one of the Al'Kabor revival servers a try.

Part of the winning formula for P99 is the fact that boxing isn't allowed here.
And that's a fine opinion to have.

But that doesn't mean every time you go out and group you need to petition a random AFKed caster medding cause OH MY GOD THEY COULD BE BOXING HOLY SHIT, MUST PETITION.

Too many act as overzealous Hall Monitors. Not enough act like reasonable humans who don't petition until they see something more suspicious than "One guy is sitting doing nothing while the other guy is fighting".
Old 03-26-2015, 04:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clasick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha
Old 03-26-2015, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

that made me lol too
Old 03-26-2015, 04:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clasick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy shit man, let it go.

1.) No no cares what your interpretation of 2 boxing is. It is stated in the rules you are not allowed to control 2 characters at the same time.
2.) When you put in the petition for the IP exemption these rules were again highlighted
3.) The GM's can see (and are alerted i'm guessing) as soon as someone logs on 2 accounts from the same PC. I've seen a guildie popped for this before and the GM was there near instantly when he logged in the other toon
4.) Your accounts are suspended for 30 days not banned. If you account(s) have been banned this is not your first offence 2 boxing and you should know better; that or you have acted like a tool and been disrespectful to the GM's.
5.) Making this all public and constant whining on the forums is hurting your case with the GM's (trust me on this one)
6.) You broke the rules, you got caught, stop the bullshit and keep on with the few shreds of dignity you have left.

With that said have a good hard look in the mirror and ask yourself why you would use your wife's illness to try and manipulate people on an elf simulator... that's the most fucked up part of the whole thing IMO

<3
The thread is it considered boxing. As you can see there are people that don't understand what boxing is and I replied to it with what I understood it to be. My whole point is it's not so black and white that some of you think it is. As to my wife I never mentioned her you did. Good day!
Old 03-26-2015, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

It is black and white though.

IF - # Characters Logged In > # Human Beings Sitting at Computers

THEN - Initiate Ban Sequence
Old 03-26-2015, 04:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As someone else said suspended not banned. :P
Old 03-26-2015, 04:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Bu bu but, I gots bands, so there must be infinitely more ways to interpret or read into and break down every rule in hopes of finding a loop hole or excuse / acception. Get over yourself already. I'm embarrassed for you Greymantle.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Closed Thread