Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Kobold

a separate sub forum for each class. Obviously.

Who's gonna care about reading shaman quests as a cleric? Or what warrior cares about the rogue epic? So, a sub-forum for each class.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

If a general 'Quests and Class Info' forum isn't good enough, then Melee, Healer, Caster and Puller forums should be sufficient.

Separate forums for each class are a bit much given the size of our community.

Besides, for some classes their traditional class forums should be sufficient (ie: The Safehouse for Rogues, Steel Warrior for Warriors, etc). Those forums tend to have deep memories (archived threads, members who remember classic EQ very well, etc).
Old 05-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumamgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Besides, for some classes their traditional class forums should be sufficient (ie: The Safehouse for Rogues, Steel Warrior for Warriors, etc). Those forums tend to have deep memories (archived threads, members who remember classic EQ very well, etc).
I thought the same thing myself, till I started actually looking for specific little nitpicky nuggets of info from way back.

Like this stat debate some of us have been having....I searched high and low on The Safehouse the other day for a couple hours and found nothing. I've been gone a couple years, but lots of that old info is either gone or I'm missing something and just couldn't find it.

Playing a warrior right now...Couldn't remember what level Wars get critical hits (never did find out lol) so went to The Steel Warriors to see if I could find it, since it's basic info about a warrior. Searched forever. No dice. Again, I could be missing something, though.

Allakhazams....'nuff said.

This era is long gone and a dead issue everywhere I've looked. Plus there are issues unique to this server that affect different classes differently, Bards being a great example. People would be more apt to post class specific info and questions that inspire others to post info in class boards, I would think.

Not that I'm opposed to combined forums or something like that, of course.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

I suppose if you had information threads stickied in each subforum with people responsible for updating them, you'd avoid a bunch of repetitive posts (ie. stickied posts on gear threads, class info etc.) It would be useful. But then i think that's what people are trying to do with the P99 wiki...

I'd be up for it anyways.

I enchant things...
Old 05-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't remember what level Wars get critical hits (never did find out lol) so went to The Steel Warriors to see if I could find it, since it's basic info about a warrior. Searched forever. No dice. Again, I could be missing something, though.
When you max weapon skill at lvl 12.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by km2783 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you max weapon skill at lvl 12.
So Crits at 12 and DW at 13? Smokin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I'm halfway thru 10 right now.

Thank you!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

Oh another thing...Besides class forums, what about a general tradeskills forum?

I was at EQ Traders Corner trying to find basic old world crafting info for each trade and had the same experience.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekapaug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh another thing...Besides class forums, what about a general tradeskills forum?

I was at EQ Traders Corner trying to find basic old world crafting info for each trade and had the same experience.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1348

There's quite a bit of the info you'll require there, not sure if we need a tradeskilling subforum. Quite a bit of information is kept in that thread.

I enchant things...
Aviak

How about starting with a section for each class and if there ends up being little to no action, consolidate them down? I never administrated a MB so I haven't the slightest idea as to how labor intensive something like this would be. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Hoping it is easy to implement so no EQ playing time is sacrificed!
Orc

Throwing my hat in the ring for this as well, would love to see some class specific forums
Closed Thread