Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 12:59 AM
Banned

Default relationship advice

Hi, been a lurker in this section and didn't really have the courage to post, but I'm at my wits end with my girlfriend (let's call her Chris) and her immature behavior.

Some background: So I first met Chris in a group of friends. She was fun, tomboyish, smart, and well-versed on the internet which I found particularly striking. She spends a lot of time on reddit, 4chan, and knowyourmeme. At first I found this hobby mutual as I'm a frequent internet user myself, except I started noticing that Chris would bring it into the real world.

For example, Chris has an obsession with memes. She has memes posted all over her wall and is very active on meme based forums. I understand they make her laugh and that it's not too concerning, but she brings up memes ALL the time. And I mean all the time. Even when we first started talking and flirting she'd bring up socially awkward penguin. At first it was cute, but then it got annoying fast when I realized she did this constantly.

My girlfriend doesn't abstain from meme usage, even when we're having sex. Whenever we spend this time together, she starts moaning doge memes like "such sex, wow" and it really kills the moment for me. Like really? Is that even close to appropriate? Maybe she wants to relieve the tension, but does she know when to draw the line? Even reading that over made me sick knowing that Chris is usually 100% serious about those things.

I tried bringing up her inappropriate usage of memes after my father died and she literally sends me advice animal memes that say 'don't be sad' but my dad just fucking died could you be more sensitive and not send me memes? I said that straight to her face yesterday and she started crying, and I feel awful but it was just really irritating for me.

Basically, every time I bring up her habit, guess what- she just brings up memes! It's impossible to fight with her reasonably and I'd hate to end our year long relationship over something so trivial like this and I need advice. Do I stick with her or not? The reaction to my dad's death was the final straw for me and I've been ignoring her messages, texts, which yes, do contain memes.

tl;dr: Girlfriend uses memes in real life, acts immature about them, and doesn't understand context... I'm really at my wit's end and need advice on if I should break or try to work this out. Please help.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:05 AM
Banned

Stay a virgin.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:44 AM
Planar Protector

I had this GF, she annoyingly asked strangers on the internet for relationship advice. Anyway, she didn't appreciate my meme's and gif's :/

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-07-2016, 01:52 AM
Planar Protector

That's a mean looking puppy.

Don't worry OP, you've certainly come to the right place with your dilemma. Being too stupid to manage images on my iPad, I had abstained from posting. Now that the thread is off on the right foot, I thought I'd tender an unhelpful response. Best of luck!
Old 07-07-2016, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a mean looking puppy.
Awww it's just a lovable pet performing for the camera [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-07-2016, 02:23 AM
Planar Protector

Honestly I would sit down with her and have a real heart-to-heart and explain everything you just did to us, to her. If she is someone you want to work this out with I'd just be straight up about how it is annoying and a little much. If she freaks out/cries/breaks up with you over it then you can't fault yourself. You were just being straight/honestly/real.

She may not even realize she's as bad about it as she is until you bring it up to her. Maybe she has a tough time expressing herself and so she clings to memes in order to say the words she herself has a hard time expressing? Hence, the awkward memes after your father passing?

TL;DR

Communication is Key. Talk it out. If it's bothering you enough to talk to online elf sim players then you probably need to remedy the situation one way or another.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 07-07-2016, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

That's what I like to do, meet someone, have sex with 'em, then try to change her into a pizza and a 6-pack of beer at midnight.

It works every time! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-07-2016, 03:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi, been a lurker in this section and didn't really have the courage to post, but I'm at my wits end with my girlfriend (let's call her Chris) and her immature behavior.

Some background: So I first met Chris in a group of friends. She was fun, tomboyish, smart, and well-versed on the internet which I found particularly striking. She spends a lot of time on reddit, 4chan, and knowyourmeme. At first I found this hobby mutual as I'm a frequent internet user myself, except I started noticing that Chris would bring it into the real world.

For example, Chris has an obsession with memes. She has memes posted all over her wall and is very active on meme based forums. I understand they make her laugh and that it's not too concerning, but she brings up memes ALL the time. And I mean all the time. Even when we first started talking and flirting she'd bring up socially awkward penguin. At first it was cute, but then it got annoying fast when I realized she did this constantly.

My girlfriend doesn't abstain from meme usage, even when we're having sex. Whenever we spend this time together, she starts moaning doge memes like "such sex, wow" and it really kills the moment for me. Like really? Is that even close to appropriate? Maybe she wants to relieve the tension, but does she know when to draw the line? Even reading that over made me sick knowing that Chris is usually 100% serious about those things.

I tried bringing up her inappropriate usage of memes after my father died and she literally sends me advice animal memes that say 'don't be sad' but my dad just fucking died could you be more sensitive and not send me memes? I said that straight to her face yesterday and she started crying, and I feel awful but it was just really irritating for me.

Basically, every time I bring up her habit, guess what- she just brings up memes! It's impossible to fight with her reasonably and I'd hate to end our year long relationship over something so trivial like this and I need advice. Do I stick with her or not? The reaction to my dad's death was the final straw for me and I've been ignoring her messages, texts, which yes, do contain memes.

tl;dr: Girlfriend uses memes in real life, acts immature about them, and doesn't understand context... I'm really at my wit's end and need advice on if I should break or try to work this out. Please help.
is this real? it kinda seems real.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You sound like a girl.

You knew who she was when you got together. Now you are bitching about it after you couldn't change her. This is textbook girl bullshit.

Grow the fuck up and accept her as it seems you have already invested a lot with her, and more importantly she has invested a lot in you. You can't be the one to initiate a breakup, you lost that right when you got serious with her.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 07-07-2016, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly I would sit down with her and have a real heart-to-heart and explain everything you just did to us, to her. If she is someone you want to work this out with I'd just be straight up about how it is annoying and a little much. If she freaks out/cries/breaks up with you over it then you can't fault yourself. You were just being straight/honestly/real.

She may not even realize she's as bad about it as she is until you bring it up to her. Maybe she has a tough time expressing herself and so she clings to memes in order to say the words she herself has a hard time expressing? Hence, the awkward memes after your father passing?

TL;DR

Communication is Key. Talk it out. If it's bothering you enough to talk to online elf sim players then you probably need to remedy the situation one way or another.
I know guys who are all about meme lifestyle, guess what? Like minded people find like minded people! A novel fucking concept, I know. So color me shocked at your advice.

This guy seems like a huge nerd is all I read in his post, and hes a bitch on top of that. He is bitching about his girlfriend's personality, what a fucking loser.

Suggesting this is anything else but bitching about his girlfriends personality AFTER he already invested in a serious relationship is laughable.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread