Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-09-2023, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

My paladin has parses of out-dpsing rogues at times in groups - I get it. Velious high end raid pal/sk 2handers are nuts. Knight dps actually becomes GOOD.

My guess is the warriors you beat out in parses didn’t get the memo and we’re trying to dps with dual wield. Even if offensive skills between the tank classes were equal, one of the 3 gets triple attack on main hand swings passively at 60.

The skill/triple attack advantage on my 60 warrior has him doing considerably more damage with a 42/43 than my 60 paladin with a 53/46.

I can scrounge around for the parses maybe, but the warrior with the inferior weapon tends to put out 15-25% more damage with equivalent buffs on group content. I admittedly do not have comparative raid parse data - mostly because I could never assist DPS from behind with Dain axe without a high risk of eventually ripping aggro at some point in the fight - even with epic/trident warriors tanking. I tried it a few times and it resulted in getting fussed at, dying, inducing crippling embarrassment… or some combination of all of the above lol.

I do wish I had a NToV dps 2hander on my warrior to play with. Unfortunately it never happened before I had to step away from a play schedule that permitted raiding in any capacity.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-09-2023, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My paladin has parses of out-dpsing rogues at times in groups - I get it. Velious high end raid pal/sk 2handers are nuts. Knight dps actually becomes GOOD.

My guess is the warriors you beat out in parses didn’t get the memo and we’re trying to dps with dual wield. Even if offensive skills between the tank classes were equal, one of the 3 gets triple attack on main hand swings passively at 60.

The skill/triple attack advantage on my 60 warrior has him doing considerably more damage with a 42/43 than my 60 paladin with a 53/46.

I can scrounge around for the parses maybe, but the warrior with the inferior weapon tends to put out 15-25% more damage with equivalent buffs on group content. I admittedly do not have comparative raid parse data - mostly because I could never assist DPS from behind with Dain axe without a high risk of eventually ripping aggro at some point in the fight - even with epic/trident warriors tanking. I tried it a few times and it resulted in getting fussed at, dying, inducing crippling embarrassment… or some combination of all of the above lol.

I do wish I had a NToV dps 2hander on my warrior to play with. Unfortunately it never happened before I had to step away from a play schedule that permitted raiding in any capacity.
Yea If war use 2h they are pretty good dps, that vyemm 2h underrated . Just most don’t.
Old 08-09-2023, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

It’s unfortunate for sure. I had my Frostreaver before the 2h dmg bonus patch. It was “good enough” aggro to main tank with and did pretty solid damage. After the patch the threat output shot up significantly. It put every other weapon in my toolkit in the dustbin both from a dps and threat generation standpoint.

Monks saw the same phenomenon with TStaff in that patch. TStaff becomes botb dps until you have access to high end velious gear. Prior to the patch there were good “middle of the road” dps alternatives including epic fists, sky fists, scepter of mastery etc. At 29/30 it is still competitive with some raid 2handers with a >1.1 ratio. 30 delay is about the sweetest sweet spot you can find for maximizing dmg bonus.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 08-09-2023 at 03:17 PM..
Old 08-10-2023, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Frostreaver is probably the best bang-for-your-buck war weapon. Shits insane for how cheap it goes.
Old 08-10-2023, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

I wish I looted all my tov weapons on the correct warrior
Now I suffer
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-10-2023, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Yea looking back I think I was wrong in my statements about knight DPS, that's my relative lack of Velious experience showing
Old 09-12-2023, 06:40 PM
Banned

It seems like you're discussing the role of a Warrior in a specific context related to a game or gaming environment. Based on the information you provided, it appears that you believe a Warrior character in this game becomes an effective tank once it obtains an ability called "evasive." This ability allows the Warrior to excel in tanking, especially when coordinated with a puller who manages enemy aggro and the timer for using the evasive skill.

You also mention that as the Warrior progresses towards level 60, this role becomes even more effective because they can spend a significant portion of their time in an evasive state, allowing them to handle a large number of enemies simultaneously. This is particularly useful in situations where the Warrior is also acting as the puller.
Old 09-12-2023, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

My biggest regret 52+ is "saving" my discs and only using them in really hard fights. Turns out you just want to evasive every time its up that you are taking damage.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

Evasive underrated AF.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My biggest regret 52+ is "saving" my discs and only using them in really hard fights. Turns out you just want to evasive every time its up that you are taking damage.
The trick is to time the hard pulls to align with evasive, not the other way around.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung