Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Banned

Default Enchanter Epic - Any Advice?

Hi all,

So I've decided its high time I start my enchanter epic.

The wiki seems to be a pretty solid guide. I have zero experience doing any epic quests in any form (live, p99, etc) whatsoever.

Quote:
Second Piece of Staff -- Test of Enlightenment
[ ] Kill Cazel in Oasis to get a Spoon
[ ] Pick up the The One Key in the Overthere.
[ ] Pick up the Lost Scroll in Dalnir.
[ ] Pick up the Book of Charm and Sacrifice in Plane of Sky.
[ ] Combine the Spoon, the One Key, the Lost Scroll and the Book of Charm and Sacrifice in an Enchanter's Sack.
[ ] Give the combined sack to Mizzle Gepple (Clockwork VIIX) in Ak'Anon to get the Second Piece of Staff.

Third Piece of Staff -- Test of Charm
[ ] Obtain the four dull gems from Nadia Starfeast in Firiona Vie.
[ ] Charm a Spectral librarian in Kaesora. Give him the Dull Diamond to get the Enchanted Diamond.
[ ] Upon turn in an aggro Enraged spectral librarian will spawn. It is strongly recommended not to kill this see page for details.
[ ] Charm Felia Goldenwing in Skyfire. Give her the Dull Sapphire to get the Enchanted Sapphire.
[ ] Charm the Wraith of Jaxion in the City of Mist. Give him the Dull Ruby to get the Enchanted Ruby.
[ ] Charm Impaler Tzilug in the Overthere. Give him the Dull Emerald to get the Enchanted Emerald.
[ ] Combine the Enchanted Diamond, Enchanted Sapphire, Enchanted Ruby and Enchanted Emerald in an Enchanters Sack.
[ ] Give the combined sack to Nadia Starfeast in Firiona Vie to get the Third Piece of Staff.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but both the 2nd and 3rd piece seem pretty do-able solo / with 1-2 friends.

For the first piece:

- I'll be able to do chardok royals with my guild...so Prince head will come eventually.

- Vessel / Varina ...what is the best way to go about getting these 2 done? Park a lowly alt somewhere near their spawn points and check them at random times and beg/plead for your guild to come help kill them if they're up?

For the fourth piece:

This seems like a massive cock-block. I have the Essence of a Vampire from Hate. I'll be relying on my guild to get lucky with a Fear clear on the Wraith of a Shissir.

Is Ghost of Kindle (The Hole) as easy as it seems based on the wiki? I should be able to do this with a couple friends, right?

How tough is The Tangrin (Field of Bone)? Any advice / required numbers / where to check if he's up?

Any insight, tips, etc are greatly appreciated. This quest seems like a massive pain in the booty but I want to get the 2nd and 3rd piece done and then further motivate myself to finish it.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Yes the first two pieces of the staff are soloable. Although might need A friend to take down Cazel.

The ghost of kindle is soloable. The hard part is getting to him. It’s much easier if you haven’t ruined your Hole faction. Your animation can take him down after he’s slowed. The ghosts around him do not assist.

The tangrin is soloable. You can charm a guard and send it at him. Or train a guard over him and kill steal it at the end.

The Wraith if Shissar is tough, but you can follow a guild up after CT spawns and ask to loot. Sometimes it rots. Alternatively you’ll need about 5-10 people to help pull and kill him.

Vessel and Verina are the real cockblocks. I won’t sugar coat it, camping these two can take weeks and was the worst experience I ever had in EQ. Many people leave a level one there to check them constantly. Although some very competitive people actually sit there main character there and stare at the spawn point. You will need 3-5 people normally, unless you have puppet strings and very good luck with charm breaks.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:05 PM
Fire Giant

Tangrin is easy and you will often find him up. Duo-able for sure with a healer and melee (at 60).

Prince in Chardok is the easiest of the royals. Don’t stress about that.

As mentioned Verina and Vessel are the bottlenecks. By far. But if you do find them up the unless you’re a badass soloer with loads of clickies like wand of allure, reaper and soulfire I’d be hesitant about trying solo either as a chanter.

Don’t want to discourage you at all but I would personally not ask for any help with other parts before having these two crossed off.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:13 PM
Banned

Will Vessel / Verina pop on a quake?
Old 03-28-2018, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will Vessel / Verina pop on a quake?
Yes
Old 03-28-2018, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Vessel, in my experience, is significantly easier to find up than VT. Maybe it's changed now but I've probably seen Vessel up a dozen times on P99 and I basically never pass through cabilis. But I've only seen a few VTs even though I have an alt at her spawn and have regularly pass through to buy a coffin or hate stones or whatever over the years.

Any of the fights outside of the planes are trivial with a few pals, and mostly doable solo (especially if you have clicky backups). VT and Vessel can be solid too if you must try to pull it off in a hurry, but if you wipe you probably won't get a 2nd chance before someone else gets the kill! Vessel especially went down pretty easy the time or two I've fought him. VT is nastier cause of cleric spells... Mana drains or push or even rapturing her to interrupt a CH may be necessary without help. Without multiple charm breaks (you better junk buff incase of dispels since you cant stun), or a bunch of slow resists ooming you, they're not especially difficult kills.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 03-28-2018 at 12:23 PM..
Old 03-28-2018, 12:18 PM
Banned

Verina's spawn point is obvious per the wiki.

Vessel not so much...I'm gonna make a level 1 iksar to park there...how do I get to his spot?
Old 03-28-2018, 12:19 PM
Fire Giant

For Felia, it's soloable but infinitely easier if you invis and stand on the spawn point for the cycle (-3608, 960 by a big rock near the zonewall) and have a bard chain Highsun mobs in the graveyard area until the right PH lands on the spawn point.

Killing the mobs isn't hard, but just randomly killing mobs hoping to get the right PH could take a while before you get the cycle started. It's been a while but I think the respawn for the cycle is 30 seconds or 1 min.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vessel, in my experience, is significantly easier to find up than VT. Maybe it's changed now but I've probably seen Vessel up a dozen times on P99 and I basically never pass through cabilis. But I've only seen a few VTs even though I have an alt at her spawn and have regularly pass through to buy a coffin or hate stones or whatever over the years.
Although I don’t have evidence that is also my impression. Created a lvl 1 ikky warrior and went to check a few months ago and he was just up and I got him even though it took my friends about 15-20 mins to get there. Verina on the contrary I get the impression dies much faster and will often have several active trackers present.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

Wand of allure, a reaper, maybe even corpse an extra one, and a mana sieve wand will make Verina fairly comfortable to solo.
Closed Thread