Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 10:59 AM
Orc

Default Druid solo'ing at lvl 30 - weird gap

Hey All,

I just hit 30 with my druid and there seems to be a weird gap in the hunting guides. All the guides recommend killing mammoths in EF until ~32 - which would be great if the competition for them wasn't crazy. I find myself with HUGE gaps between kills b/c of the number of other people farming them. I went there several times in the last 3-4 levels, during off and peak hours, and found this to be true every time. I hit lvl 30 in WW at the giant fort.

I primarily (almost exclusively) solo on my druid, since I often play during the work day while working on the other monitor.

Are there any tucked away / lesser known spots to level a 30 druid at - even if the xp may be less efficient than EF?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts / experiences.

Panda
Old 12-07-2016, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Go to GD. I believe you can kill the tizmaks at 30. As they green out you can work up to kodiaks, etc.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

The double spawn of split paw gnolls near the hermit in south karana might be good (obviously you can find a big elephant to charm if you want).

Bind at south qeynos so you can hand in their skins when you have a full set of four (good quest xp up to 40s).

Always lot of snow cougars up in iceclad, not sure how many more levels it will be good for though.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Orc

Thanks for the input guys - think I may go give GD a shot.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:04 AM
Fire Giant

Frontier mountains should be good xp and nice loot as well. You can root rot giants or join a PUG, very fast xp to be had that way. And starting at 34 if you insist to solo you can quad giants, if your mana pool is sufficient.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

I think I charmed Grimalkins in LOIO around the windmill until around 31 or so, and then moved to Iceclad and charmed cougars outside of TOFS until they started turning green (maybe like 35-36?). Nice thing about the cougars is that you don't have to run around looking for them (like mammoths) which is such a waste of time. Pretty much nothing but dark blue cougars on the north end of the TOFS island, plenty of space to run around and you'll pretty much never get any adds if you use your head. And if the #$%^ hits the fan, just zone into TOFS and start over.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I charmed Grimalkins in LOIO around the windmill until around 31 or so, and then moved to Iceclad and charmed cougars outside of TOFS until they started turning green (maybe like 35-36?). Nice thing about the cougars is that you don't have to run around looking for them (like mammoths) which is such a waste of time. Pretty much nothing but dark blue cougars on the north end of the TOFS island, plenty of space to run around and you'll pretty much never get any adds if you use your head. And if the #$%^ hits the fan, just zone into TOFS and start over.
This is great, thank you. When you were charming, did you keep one as a permanent pet and or did you break the charm each time and take the "two-fer" bonus?

When I was in EK I broke the charm on almost every pull to avoid the pet taking 50% xp.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:38 PM
Sarnak

Yep, broke it after every charm to get full exp for both. That's the main reason why I really like this spot (the ToFS one) because the cougars are so plentiful and not mixed in with a bunch of other junk. Pretty much never run out of them. They run when under 20% too so breaking charm is easy and you don't have to take any hits usually.

Other added bonus: if you are in wolf form they are non-kos so pulling is that much easier.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuurin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, broke it after every charm to get full exp for both. That's the main reason why I really like this spot (the ToFS one) because the cougars are so plentiful and not mixed in with a bunch of other junk. Pretty much never run out of them. They run when under 20% too so breaking charm is easy and you don't have to take any hits usually.

Other added bonus: if you are in wolf form they are non-kos so pulling is that much easier.
You're a gentleman and a scholar! Think I'll give this a try. The Tizmaks are proving to be very magic resistant.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Iceclad is so great from now all the way till 40. Cougars, then wolfs by the port-in...You can also quad when there arent enough wolves 34+. Kite on the east shore (for the wolf part) Cougars are easy to find spots...go by the docks and vendors over there.

The mobs here do not have extra HPs, and in fact have less than many outdoor kunark mobs, definately less than giants.
Closed Thread