Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

Default What is end game like for normal people?

So I'm a long time EQ player, started in classic blah yadda blah, and I'd like to come give this server a shot. I actually wanted to come back and start up days ago. Unfortunately, I made one mistake before I started playing: I read the forums.

All that I see from anybody about anything to do with killing a big target is two or three guilds being complete and utter jackasses. Seeing as I am no longer an angry teenager, I have no interest in participating in (or even exposing myself to) the asinine and, frankly, pathetic activities (and attitudes) I have seen displayed here. Is there anything on this server between killing normal group mobs and joining in with these...people?

Please, somebody convince me that I will be able to do more than make an alt when I get to higher levels if I don't want to contribute to the further degradation of common decency.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:57 PM
Kobold

It's just bored people trolling and getting a rouse out of each other. A minority that don't even mean it themselves. Most of the game has people from all those guilds leveling and questing together consistently.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

You can always join casual guilds too. A lot of the more casual guilds are clearing Planes (sans big bosses unless they are randomly popping), Chardok Royals, the Hole, occasional Ragefires, and non-contested Epic fights to gear out characters. I mean you can guess that FE and TMO are the hardcore guilds just from looking at the forums, but there are many other guilds you can look into under the guild section of the website.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Kobold

Yeah, it's mostly just ribbing. The community on this server by and large is extremely friendly. I had a wizard port me yesterday and when I tried to tip him 15p, he traded me back 20p. Won't find that on a Warcraft private server. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Sarnak

Clearing the planes over and over until you're bored out of your mind.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm a long time EQ player, started in classic blah yadda blah, and I'd like to come give this server a shot. I actually wanted to come back and start up days ago. Unfortunately, I made one mistake before I started playing: I read the forums.

All that I see from anybody about anything to do with killing a big target is two or three guilds being complete and utter jackasses. Seeing as I am no longer an angry teenager, I have no interest in participating in (or even exposing myself to) the asinine and, frankly, pathetic activities (and attitudes) I have seen displayed here. Is there anything on this server between killing normal group mobs and joining in with these...people?

Please, somebody convince me that I will be able to do more than make an alt when I get to higher levels if I don't want to contribute to the further degradation of common decency.
It's really very straightforward. Play the game to have fun, if you're not having fun, don't play!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by India [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's really very straightforward. Play the game to have fun, if you're not having fun, don't play!
This is not helpful. You shouldn't be assuming that the OP isn't clever enough to know that he should go do something else if he isn't having any fun, and instead should be assuming that the OP wants to have fun at level 60 and is just wondering how exactly he is supposed to do that.

OP - like someone else said, there is more to do at 60 than quit or get into poopsocking/tracking/trolling. There are many epic fights to do yourself or help your friends with, 3 planes to clear with loot that often rivals what you'd get off the toughest dragons/gods, and a bunch of smaller-scale stuff like Chardok, the Hole, etc. to go do with friends/guildies. Of course, after 60 levels as one class, you might find yourself interested in the idea of an alt, also!

It's also worth noting that it sounds (to me, anyways) like there are some changes incoming in the quite-near future for the end-game raid scene.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Most high end raid interactions are relatively civil. When you have a mob that is very late in appearing, tensions can run high. Both on the forums and in game, the active trolls are easily identifiable and can generally be ignored without consequence.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Banned

Level 60 here for casual is trying to get into a seb crypt group. Lol if you can find your casual time to fit in with an average guild you can kill trash in planes. Also you can do most of every epic fight minus raid mobs.

But on a side note if you are a true casual player will take you over a year to just get to 60 so really you shouldn't worry!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I am wondering the same thing OP. I'm really interested in getting my necro epic on this run, but it doesn't look possible with the current poopsocking that is going on.

Le sigh.