Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 10-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

Did all these complaints about rangers missing too much crop up on blue99 or is this a red thing?
Old 10-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a mechanic that makes the game show a miss for hits that are mitigated to 0 damage. This may contribute to the perception of more misses when dual-wielding weapons with low damage since the average hit is much lower and thus more easily mitigated to 0. The melee mechanics work fine on p99 and I expect the same code is used for red99.
How can you mitigate a hit to 0 damage if the game uses a damage interval 20 system? No successful hit should be below damage bonus. If you currently have a damage bonus of 0, then yes, the first damage interval would be 0 I guess and might just say miss instead. This wouldn't affect anyone high enough to have a damage bonus though.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

I don't know how it works, but you can find plenty of discussions about it if you search deep.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:30 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Didn't read this thread entirely but I believe Null did make a comment that a code change he made had unintended affects on all hit chance calculations, and it should be fixed when he submits changed for next patch.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't read this thread entirely but I believe Null did make a comment that a code change he made had unintended affects on all hit chance calculations, and it should be fixed when he submits changed for next patch.
Will follow up at the appropriate time. Thanks