Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-14-2022, 10:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I could care less that the sleeper was woke you idiot

You're trying to claim sleeper is like manastone being removed by developers. It's a stupid argument that has no basis and i've already pointed out multiple times how they are not remotely the same thing.

Sorry you're butthurt that you were proven wrong
I haven't been proven wrong. You just keep saying I am wrong and thinking that is sufficient lol. So far you have presented nothing to refute my points other than "you're stupid".
Old 04-14-2022, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't been proven wrong.
Yes you have many time over

Cope and Seethe
Old 04-14-2022, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes you have many time over

Cope and Seethe
The only person seething here is yourself[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I am just stating the truth. You haven't disproven anything, and must resort to the childish "I am right and you are wrong" mode of posting to try and save a bit of face.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been in the raid scene long enough to know most people are just talking shit most of the time. I've seen top guild forums and been in top guild Discords. Big guilds are generally not as evil as people think. People typically just have thinner skin these days to be frank. It's fine if you disagree with me, but that has been my experience.

But let us assume you are correct for a minute, and Seal Team is really the most evil guild to ever play Everquest. What does their intent have to do with Sleeper? It doesn't change any of my previous points.

You can kill Sleeper without being spiteful, as it is just a game mechanic. So it doesn't really matter if they are being spiteful or not, because the act of killing Sleeper isn't spiteful to begin with. It is just playing the game. If a guild beats another guild to a KT race out of "spite", what difference does it make? The game mechanic works the same if a guild is spiteful or not.
? One of your statements was that seal team wasn’t being spiteful. They were and they fully admitted it. Ergo you were wrong on that point. That’s the point we were discussing. I don’t care about your other random rambling arguments lol
Old 04-14-2022, 10:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
? One of your statements was that seal team wasn’t being spiteful. They were and they fully admitted it. Ergo you were wrong on that point. That’s the point we were discussing. I don’t care about your other random rambling arguments lol
I am not sure why you care so much about this, as neither of us can actually prove it was due to spite. You do know you can say something without actually meaning it right?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That is my point, you are making the worst case assumption because you don't like them, not because you have any proof other than random shitposts. And again, why does it matter? How can you spitefully play the game as intended lol? It isn't like they were griefing players via training or something. That could certainly be spiteful, but that isn't the case here. They were literally playing the game as intended, their intentions are irrelevant.
Old 04-14-2022, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Figured this was as good a place as any to post my story and feelings regarding the sleeper waking.

I started Lobnor day 1 of Green with the hope, not expectation, of seeing some legacy content. As a married man with 2 younger kiddos and working overnight I knew my chances were fairly slim. Lobnor was about level 32 in January 2020 when the “married man” part changed, which put me out of the game for a couple months while I got my life in order. By the time I returned to the game in March 2020, COVID had hit and the Guise line was in Endless Mode. I think I made 34 when they got removed.

No problem. I enjoyed leveling up in Calamitous Intent and scoring a Plane of Hate BP before Kunark dropped, messaging my friend “I won EverQuest” at the time. Shortly after Kunark, CI merged into Kingdom and I had a serious decision to make- how serious am I about raiding? I reviewed Kingdom’s policies and attitude and decided to jump in. Since my schedule was random and awful, I could jump on raids on my days off and stock up on DKP to make smaller purchases, which I did (JB BP, Cloak of Piety, Spear of Constriction, PE hammer) and I got to see content I hadn’t previously, like VP.

When velious dropped I didn’t really expect us to be blitzing for keys. And I was not alone in noticing guild leadership was prioritizing KT on quakes, but it made sense, since we were still trying to develop our strategies for Zlandicar, Klandicar, etc. and as far as we knew ST had made their stance on not wanting to wake the sleeper clear, so there wasn’t any pressure really.

As we started prioritizing keys I didn’t expect to get one anytime soon, having somewhere around 15% RA. But when ST announced they’d be waking the sleeper it shut down any hopes I’d had of seeing warders. As a Shaman I wasn’t exactly after their loot but was upset for my guildies who stuck with Kingdom knowing we’d “get there eventually” and had it all shut down on them.

To Seal Team, I have the following to say: Thank you for at least announcing when you’d be doing this. I was at least able to witness the event firsthand and assist in the server protest of killing Yelinak before the Sleeper could get to him. If I wasn’t going to get to experience warders on p99, I at least got to have some kind of hand in the event. Also, if you guys actually wanted to KILL the sleeper, maybe this wasn’t the best way to go about it? It took a 3-guild alliance in POP era to do it on RZ, so if the goal was to give it an ACTUAL go, waiting longer and letting more guilds get in on the Warders for a while so they would feel more at peace with the idea of waking the sleeper would have been a better way to go. To pull off something like that In Velious era would require multi-guild cooperation, which is definitely not earned by pressing the Sleeper button before anybody touches Warder loot.

Anyways this was way too long, but hope it was of interest to somebody. The event itself was a blast I just wish it had come a year later than it did. I did pick up some of prenerf CoS’es and Elder Beads so I at least got SOME legacy content. It’s just tough with a family and this is the last piece of legacy content on the server. I’m sad to see it go.
Sorry to hear about the wife situation. I think everyone outside of ST and DeathSilky agrees with you. You’re not alone in feeling the way you do
Old 04-14-2022, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I am not sure why you care so much about this, as neither of us can actually prove it was due to spite. You do know you can say something without actually meaning it right?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That is my point, you are making the worst case assumption because you don't like them, not because you have any proof other than random shitposts. And again, why does it matter? How can you spitefully play the game as intended lol? It isn't like they were griefing players via training or something. That could certainly be spiteful, but that isn't the case here. They were literally playing the game as intended, their intentions are irrelevant.
Lmao dude you’re literally sitting here defending a guild whose on member leaked their discord of them saying “we need to wake the Sleeper because Kingdom is starting to get keyed”

And you’re like nah it wasn’t out of spite. It literally was lol just stop you lunatic
Old 04-14-2022, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think everyone outside of ST and DeathSilky agrees with you. You’re not alone in feeling the way you do
I am not saying you can't feel bad about missing content. People felt bad about missing out on Manastone, Beads, etc. But blaming other people is silly. Everquest has limited time content, and you know that going in. If you want to play an MMO where you are guaranteed to get all the loot you want, don't play Everquest.
Old 04-14-2022, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Lmao dude you’re literally sitting here defending a guild whose on member leaked their discord of them saying “we need to wake the Sleeper because Kingdom is starting to get keyed”

And you’re like nah it wasn’t out of spite. It literally was lol just stop you lunatic
Yes, that is the strategy big guilds employ for Sleeper. It isn't a secret. This strategy has been known for years before Sleeper was awoken on Green lol. Once multiple guilds have enough Keyed members, there is no way to guarantee one of the guilds will simply break the agreement and awaken Sleeper. That is why the top guild acts and awakens the Sleeper so they can experience it instead of another guild. How is this different from racing to KT and getting it before another guild? There is no second place in Everquest.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 04-14-2022 at 11:08 PM..
Old 04-14-2022, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The only person seething here is yourself[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I am just stating the truth. You haven't disproven anything, and must resort to the childish "I am right and you are wrong" mode of posting to try and save a bit of face.
lol

I AM right

You ARE wrong

yes, it's that simple. You're just crazy and pig headed.