Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-04-2024, 01:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotterpin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait I thought we were supposed to want one to one classic. Isn't that what the server was founded on? Exact classic? So you don't want to play the game as it was exactly in the classic era? You do realize things get easier as you play them more and spend more time understanding the game. We've experienced 25 years of this game and the knowledge to go with it. As much as all the devs and classic apologists would like you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube. It's impossible to give people a "classic experience" after 25 years.
Yet you call the server "another custom server in a sea of custom servers", as if you don't understand they're clearly trying to make it as classic as they can. It's not like it's some kinda spawn your own gear and go jerk off with a party of mercs in ldon zones type server or something. It's pretty damn close to what most people remember, roughly, from that period in the game's history. Not to mention there are genuine new players who find the server sometimes and probably wouldn't wanna play if the pop was only the size of one guild, which is what would happen without any dev intervention ever. I think they struck about the best balance you can.
Old 04-04-2024, 01:36 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's pretty damn close to what most people remember, roughly, from that period in the game's history.
No. It's an attempt to force one dev's "vision" and if they don't like a thing, regardless if people were doing that thing in era or not, fuck off, kick rocks, out it goes. People had wildly unique experiences across different servers in classic. Just start a conversation in any of the guild discords about peoples experience in classic and it's easy to see. Trying to force one person's "vision" of classic as the experience that everyone is required to have is beyond stupid.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Non-Classic_Compendium
Old 04-04-2024, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

make your own server if you want to be in charge of the "vision"
Old 04-04-2024, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotterpin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. It's an attempt to force one dev's "vision" and if they don't like a thing, regardless if people were doing that thing in era or not, fuck off, kick rocks, out it goes. People had wildly unique experiences across different servers in classic. Just start a conversation in any of the guild discords about peoples experience in classic and it's easy to see. Trying to force one person's "vision" of classic as the experience that everyone is required to have is beyond stupid.

1. You are wayyyy to upset about not being able to cheese your way through things on an emulated server for a 25 year old MMO.

2. No one is "required" to have the experience that you have here. This isn't the only EQ emulator out there. There are plenty of others. Nor do you have to pay money to play this one or any of the others. If you don't like someone's "vision" who runs a specific server, then don't play on that server. You can go play on another one where you won't be getting your panties in a twist so much! Good news!
Old 04-04-2024, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-04-2024, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

They made me do it.
They make me play. I
t's like a conspiracy.
Like I mean some dude makes a sandbox, invites anyone to play in it with him and (all I have to do is) play nice, accept some arbitrary decisions based on the devs abilities (that he donates), technical limitations, legal limitations and the fact it is not a time machine and a big part of the game is never coming back. Wonder. Discovery.

Whiney poopsocking cheaty crybabies are gonna (knowingly or unknowingly) push the boundries with known and newly discovered exploits.

A cat shits in your kids fancy clamshell sandpit you clean that up right? Maybe put a cover on it? Now it doesnt look like a clamshell any longer and the 3yr old complains. Daddy comes out, pulls that plywood cover off and the smiles return.

In this scenario, you could be the 3yr old or continue to be the whiney crybaby. Or drop a cat shit in that pit and get a (non standard) lid put on it.
Old 04-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't you mine some kind of crypto currency, and they built a game around it and so you use kids? Fisher Price did something like this in Belgium. They used it in their pre-school system and it pays for the teachers' salaries.

Back when we were kids we would hang a little play toy over my baby brother's crib and get him to play with it. This would turn a small magneto that then rocked the crib gently.

But then mom and dad would get drunk and fight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-04-2024, 09:12 PM
Aviak

I mean seriously what other vanilla-velious emu is there? I'm sure there's some box with like 20 people on it who use some weird way newer client. PQ has pre-kunark fungis and it goes way past luclin so that doesn't count either. If anyone has a better p99 model let's see it
Old 04-04-2024, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciderpress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean seriously what other vanilla-velious emu is there? I'm sure there's some box with like 20 people on it who use some weird way newer client. PQ has pre-kunark fungis and it goes way past luclin so that doesn't count either. If anyone has a better p99 model let's see it
I like to choose the dog in Monopoly.

Comrade Teddy would not approve, of course.
Old 04-04-2024, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Does the popularity of one service ever serve to strangle any competition in the cradle?

I feel like this is something I forgot from decades ago.

🧙💤