Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 12:54 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed the excessive enter key usage and yes he does sell MQ's, but you should really be playing for yourself, who cares what the dude over there has.

Back in the day on live when I saw someone obviously twinked I never thought "damnit i'm going to quit now cause they shouldn't have that stuff so early", instead I thought "nice gear, if I play hard, skip showers, one day these things will too be mine".
Your projecting yourself on others here by assuming people want to skip showers and "play hard" to one day make a level 1 rogue with an epic. Believe it or not, noobs log in, see this and think its dumb because they never saw it on classic EQ, and log out. We're all so proud that you stuck around though.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2015, 01:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your projecting yourself on others here by assuming people want to skip showers and "play hard" to one day make a level 1 rogue with an epic. Believe it or not, noobs log in, see this and think its dumb because they never saw it on classic EQ, and log out. We're all so proud that you stuck around though.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the bit about playing hard and skipping showers was a joke, also I don't play here anymore, never had a toon beyond the 40's, and no epics. MQ's were classic, just not on low level toons. I MQ'd trak guts on live for my bard epic pre Velious, but again not lvl1.

If its discouraging to see other players with better gear then you I'd suggest a single player rpg, unless you're in the top raiding guild there will always be people with better gear.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being a relatively new player to the server, seeing clerics in mistmoore with epic and green con shaman with epic was one of the most discouraging things I've run into on here. It's a joke.
As a player who has been here for a long time, it's great to see new players agreeing with the sentiment !
Old 09-01-2015, 04:12 AM
Skeleton

The latest developments give me faith in the game.
Now I'm just waiting for a new server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2015, 04:13 AM
Banned

pras
Old 09-01-2015, 04:15 AM
Aviak

Great work Nilbog and company, approve!

Chevey
Old 09-01-2015, 05:48 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what other custom content can we expect?
Old 09-01-2015, 05:56 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Did the developers take into account how many players have invested countless hours of farming into the current iteration of epics, and how wildly popular some epic twinks are on Blue 1999 especially?

Item requirements are not classic, and this will have an extremely negative impact on the gameplay of people who spent and invested their time into the existing system for the past several years/months and were enjoying the classic fruit of their labor. Many of which are not 46+ yet and are still leveling.

On these grounds, I'd urge scrapping the item requirement change and favor a 46+ turn-in requirement change. Grandfathering in those who have already invested hard playing time into the current system to earn their epic. This is the most fair way to go about it, is it not nilbog?

I can't help but feel this is more than gung-ho with very little regard for how many people have been investing time farming, trading, and buying and selling in order to afford their epic for their twink.

And item restrictions during Velious Era? Ugh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 09-01-2015 at 06:05 AM..
Old 09-01-2015, 06:17 AM
Banned

Lol, have you not realized by now? P99 is not classic.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:34 AM
Sarnak

After 5 years of kunark...