Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 01:20 PM
Banned

Default this is the highest effort post i have ever made here

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Provide one, but obviously it has to be a topic I know about
I watched this whole video, and I took notes in the spoiler below. Now I am going to scour Matt Walsh from my youtube.

notes in chronological order:

frying pan (guessing he's backhandedly implying that women belong in kitchens, since he means buy a pan if the cards and flowers are picked over)

why not name the stuffed animals? (guessing this is a backhanded way of implying that the person he is referring to is immature)

from left to right on stuffed animals (this does not appear to be ideological, maybe it is just a mean-spirited attempt at humor... STRETCH: but i could make an argument that by implying that left to right is the normal way to read anything, he is reinforcing his western values - japanese reads right to left for example)

takes the time around 2:30 to make sure the viewer knows he is insulting this person he is referring to, in case it wasn't as obvious as sunlight

then he says 'i try not to delight in the misfortune of others', which is just plain mean, considering it's what he just did and encouraged his viewers to do

"i am glad i am not that person" yeah matt i know you're glad you're not the person you despise, that's how hierarchies have always worked

i don't think matt understands that bisexual and asexual refers to sexual attraction, or that things can change over time... maybe he does, but maybe he wants his viewers to conflate the two? (NOTE: he makes the distinction clearer later, but afterwards still continues to conflate the two, that seems deliberate)

matt takes time to call it an LGBT 'cult' when we all know it does not meet the characteristics of a cult, that's more programming.

people arguing over definitions is not unique to the left, people have been doing that for every subject, including non poltiical ones, since the internet was fired up. text based discussion medium will do this, people used to do it in open letters in newspapers too.

then i skipped the VPN ad

he whines about aromanticism for a while, acts like there isn't such a thing as a person who likes another but isn't attracted to them, or vice versa. i feel bad for this guy's wife. especially if he bought her a frying pan yesterday.

'every degraded fetish they can find' more disparaging non-factual remarks

'normal and healthy' is an appeal to nature, fallacious

'least oppressed people' then how do you explain the long history of targeted violence for anyone non-heterosexual in most countries worldwide? nobody is claiming they are the 'most oppressed' but saying they aren't oppressed at all is just not historically accurate

'extremely skeptical they are actually asexual' yeah dude i thought you were claiming that this was a contradictory position to hold, whereas you're contradicting your own words from less than nine minutes ago with this

'inflate statistics' he has no proof of this, further conditioning of the viewer. at least, he provides none in the notes on youtube. does he do that for Daily Wire subscribers? my favorite leftist types always provide a shitload of links to sources for claims like this, if they don't, it rapidly just becomes humor content like Chapo Trap House or something

i like how he pretends that he cares about them, but takes time to call them selfish and lazy as if that's a form of him helping them.

now he's calling them all narcissists, more dehumanizing language.

now he's claiming expertise on aces having a physiological or psychological issue, another appeal to nature.

'marching around' dude you're the one trying to diminish any position that isn't explicitly heterosexual, that's you 'marching around' doing the same thing you're being critical of

funny that he's ending it with attempting to cancel them, though.
Last edited by Basanos; 02-15-2023 at 01:22 PM..
Old 02-15-2023, 01:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Umm excuse me sir I was informed by an extremely unreliable source that the New York Times is 'Leftist', why would GLAAD need to appeal to an organization that is already 'Leftist'?
Old 02-15-2023, 01:52 PM
Banned

^
You picked a really tough one to find a positive leftist position on

There are people who fall outside traditional views or portrayals of romance and feel alienated by this heteronormative culture. Being able to identify in this way gives a sense of belonging and a way to more accurately define one’s situation in life, romantically, other than something negative such as a “lonely” like conservatives would call them. There are also people who have a medical condition causing them to have literally no libido

Boom. And that was a harder one
Old 02-15-2023, 01:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but are you trans?
Are you an incel? Have you ever called someone that? How can you speak negatively of them if you haven’t had their lived experience? Same kind of dumb argument
Old 02-15-2023, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another day, another twenty posts from the forum's resident paste eaters about how the scary LGBT mean we should vote for a fat pedophile who flew regularly on Epstein's underage sex plane.
Old 02-15-2023, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^
You picked a really tough one to find a positive leftist position on

There are people who fall outside traditional views or portrayals of romance and feel alienated by this heteronormative culture. Being able to identify in this way gives a sense of belonging and a way to more accurately define one’s situation in life, romantically, other than something negative such as a “lonely” like conservatives would call them. There are also people who have a medical condition causing them to have literally no libido

Boom. And that was a harder one
You know how people lament that these days, there's a genre for everything? Like, when I was a kid, and you went to a CD store, it was categorized as 'rock', 'rap', 'country' et cetera. But now that things like Spotify are everywhere, there's a billion sub-genres within each of those larger genres, and others that cross over or are ill-defined. I think of artists that resist classification, like Beck or David Bowie.

My theory is: People's perception of gender and sexuality does the exact same thing from culture to culture. The internet has exaggerated and accelerated this process, because all of us can find pockets of like-minded people (for better or worse) at a speed that our ancestors would envy.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/article...turiesold-idea
Old 02-15-2023, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not as bad as the one you'll have when your wife dies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re kind of a scum bag aren’t you?
Old 02-15-2023, 02:17 PM
Banned

“The New York Times has long been the standard for excellence in journalism”

Aka

“The New York Times has long been where I go to have my bias confirmed. They stopped doing that this one time and it is causing me mental pain”
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 02-15-2023, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Uh oh can’t have an entire race of millions mentioning any grievances in Horza’s utopia
So for ten pages you guys argued there’s no Republican identity politics and then you come in and say actually it’s white grievance politics?

Interesting
Old 02-15-2023, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So for ten pages you guys argued there’s no Republican identity politics and then you come in and say actually it’s white grievance politics?

Interesting
Not all republicans are white

White people are allowed to have grievances

That is all
Closed Thread