Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Skeleton

Actually. I don't think any of this would have come up had it not been for people attacking P1999 in some weird movie-plot extortion scheme. Then those who have been asked to leave by the staff still coming back here to stir the pot and try to enlist their own private army. If I did what you did, and got banned, then I should think I would move on and play somewhere else.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually. I don't think any of this would have come up had it not been for people attacking P1999 in some weird movie-plot extortion scheme. Then those who have been asked to leave by the staff still coming back here to stir the pot and try to enlist their own private army. If I did what you did, and got banned, then I should think I would move on and play somewhere else.
So somehow that excuses all the hate for ginger kids displayed in that other thread.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Skeleton

Ok. SO let's use some strawman-ism here then. Imagine you are verbally abusing someone IRL. They of course, ask you to stop. You, being you, keep spewing until the person cockpunches you and then kicks you in the face. Yes, of course, the person who just whupped your ass should have refrained from pwning you, but by the same token, you should have just kept the shit to yourself and moved along, unless you enjoyed the attention.

If you push people's buttons repeatedly, you might discover a whole new world of fucking mean.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:05 PM
Kobold

He who lives like a dick, dies like a dick, and nobody gives a shit. Thinking that pushing people's buttons will make them think and become better people, or hurt them in the way you obviously have been hurt, is as stupid as arguing on the internet and thinking you are somehow going to change the world.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He who lives like a dick, dies like a dick, and nobody gives a shit. Thinking that pushing people's buttons will make them think and become better people, or hurt them in the way you obviously have been hurt, is as stupid as arguing on the internet and thinking you are somehow going to change the world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

Satire is primarily a literary genre or form, although in practice it can also be found in the graphic and performing arts. In satire, vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.[1] Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon.

A common feature of satire is strong irony or sarcasm—"in satire, irony is militant"[2]—but parody, burlesque, exaggeration, juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. This "militant" irony or sarcasm often professes to approve (or at least accept as natural) the very things the satirist wishes to attack.

Satire is nowadays found in many artistic forms of expression, including literature, plays, commentary, and media such as lyrics.
Old 12-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Kobold

"Borat" was hailed as brilliant satire. It was utter shit, but at least it had more effort involved than your tripe.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:32 AM
Fire Giant

ITT: Angry red heads, or parents of those soulless bastards.
Closed Thread