Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-05-2014, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

I noticed if you see a mob casting on you, you fd by accident before the spell lands sometimes you can stand back up before it lands and receive no agro if it is resisted.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by freez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I noticed if you see a mob casting on you, you fd by accident before the spell lands sometimes you can stand back up before it lands and receive no agro if it is resisted.
low lvl mobs pherhaps? i notice it happening with lvl 35 and lower mobs such most gobos casters in sol a perma
Old 01-06-2014, 12:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
probably low lvl necros , if u still fd and a spell broke ur fd but mob is low lvl it will still wiped u from agro, just tested in game and works aswell.
I was talking about how it acted on a live server not on p99; I know all too well
how FD works on p99, and was only talking about a resisted spell breaking or not
breaking FD on live.

If a mob casts an unresisted spell on you and it doesn't break FD regardless
of lvl, then that's a bug, but getting FD to work 100% correctly has always been
a mysterious art on emulated servers.

Actually I can't remember if dispels are still considered beneficial spells on p99,
if they are and a mob dispelled you, it might not break FD.

After lvl 40 you can forget about roamers ever forgetting you except for 1/100,
but you can use a stalking probe and sneak when you stand back up to pull
and split casters without them ever having line of sight on you in the first place to
even cast once.

Aaradin
The A-Team
Last edited by CodyF86; 01-06-2014 at 12:58 AM..
Old 01-06-2014, 02:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyF86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was talking about how it acted on a live server not on p99; I know all too well
how FD works on p99, and was only talking about a resisted spell breaking or not
breaking FD on live.

If a mob casts an unresisted spell on you and it doesn't break FD regardless
of lvl, then that's a bug, but getting FD to work 100% correctly has always been
a mysterious art on emulated servers.

Actually I can't remember if dispels are still considered beneficial spells on p99,
if they are and a mob dispelled you, it might not break FD.

After lvl 40 you can forget about roamers ever forgetting you except for 1/100,
but you can use a stalking probe and sneak when you stand back up to pull
and split casters without them ever having line of sight on you in the first place to
even cast once.

Aaradin
The A-Team
again wich period, and can u prove it? even ur link there is people saying than a any spell would break fd.

There was even aas for people being hited by spells and givin them a chance to fd works.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:01 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
again wich period, and can u prove it? even ur link there is people saying than a any spell would break fd.

There was even aas for people being hited by spells and givin them a chance to fd works.
Yes once aa's were introduced. I wasn't trying to prove anything, merely trying
to discuss it.

Aaradin
The A-Team
Old 01-06-2014, 03:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyF86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes once aa's were introduced. I wasn't trying to prove anything, merely trying
to discuss it.

Aaradin
The A-Team
well alot of people puttin memmorys but no real dates to back up, and there is realy alot of missinformation about the real skill.

what im 100% sure is dispell did break ur FD( i have seen many monks pulling in velious die to a single dispell followed of multiple aoes).

one of the ugue reasons innate run 3 was so important for monk/sks/necros was the ability to run ahead of the mob find a way to break los and FD.

whats he trouble? in eq for some time caster mobs where broken and wouldnt cut the spell cast when u oor or no in los , usualy those spells would hit you but always bee resisted . and would not break FD skill or spell.

it was changed and patched, so regardin FD i recall Stonewall aas being a must have for monks wich wanted to pull caster mobs.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Glad you are finding some evidence andro, as how FD is now on p99 is not how it was on live, nor is HT - but even with patch notes HT remains unchanged- I belive FD is how they want it for p99, not necesaraly classic... you will have to fight the typical trio of of the bug forums to get any changes.

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 01-27-2014, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

From this thread:http://www.necrotalk.com/showthread.php?t=2452

Quote:
When you FD a snared mob will stand around and not return to it's spawn point, or back to it's roaming path.

If you have to split 2 mobs, then you Snare one, and both will come. When you FD,they'll stop and after a minute they'll try to return to their starting point. But, if one is snared it will stand there.

When FD refreshes, or the unsnared mob gets far enough away, stand up. If FD cleared aggro then on the next tick of your Snare(which is a Dot) you'll get aggro again and pull the mob.

If you haven't cleared aggro on the first pull then perhaps both will come. Pull back further and then FD again and repeat. If it's a long pull and you have trouble clearing aggro you might want to resnare so that the mobyour pulling doesn't wander back.
http://www.dzert.com/downloads/eq/fd02.swf
Found this funny animation posted in 2005 in this thread:
http://necrotalk.com/showthread.php?....swf#post38487

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-27-2014, 07:54 PM
Developer

I know how FD will work when I am done. It will be as close to how classic was, as i can get it.

Working on it.

Haynar
Old 01-27-2014, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know how FD will work when I am done. It will be as close to how classic was, as i can get it.

Working on it.

Haynar
Ty H