Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic EQ is boring as hell. I’m gonna play just long enough to get a guise, or until it stops dropping (whichever comes first) and then probably log out and not play again until halfway through Kunark. I pretty much didn’t care for EQ until Velious. Kunark was alright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This makes no sense at all. WTF would you want a guise for, especially if you stopped playing after you got it? I don't even know why people who plan to continue to play want one so badly. Are you going to be in some RL situation where if you casually mention, "hey, I got a GUISE on EQ" then everyone listening will all decide you are uber in RL and be impressed? Will it help you pick up dates? Wat.
Well, he only said he would stop playing until halfway through Kunark, then return. But it still sounds silly. Why sacrifice time to get a character a Guise of the Deceiver and then stop playing that character for about a year...on a server with a patch timeline of approximately 3 years?

I'm beginning to wonder if those who desire guises are merely a vocal minority. Perhaps the fascination with the guise is contagious. People want it because other people want it.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DID I STUDDER?!?
LOL
Old 09-05-2019, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Classic EQ is the best.

Its all about mortal men fighting mortal creatures.

Then you find out after like many many levels that there are magical dragons and crazy stuff.

Skeletons roam the land and torment you, zombies terrify you, mummies wandering the dunes make the deserts unsafe for a traveler trying to collect pelts!

That shit is dope yo!
Old 09-05-2019, 09:25 AM
Banned

Come to guk, I'll show you my guise (and liver spots)
Last edited by Nirgon; 09-05-2019 at 09:27 AM..
Old 09-05-2019, 02:12 PM
Skeleton

Guise’s are almost irrelevant with exception to troll, barb, and ogre. Some spaces are really tight for their fat/tall asses. The guise used to be needed by quite a few other races because back in retail classic, a lot of the races were blind as shit in the dark. The dark blindness was reduced to a significant degree later on, and it’s hard coded into the titanium client, so in short, guise’s are almost useless.
Old 09-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Banned

Ok good don't camp 1
Old 09-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Banned

ACKtuAllY
Old 09-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lock down Ass/Sup
Thats the way we like to Guk.
I applaud your word choices.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ACKtuAllY
Old 09-06-2019, 05:15 PM
Fire Giant

I'm hoping to nab me a tentacle whip by level 12 or so. Magic lifetap, fast delay, good early agro weapon. Full group can camp them in Najena from 12-15
Closed Thread