Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 11-01-2023, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

BTW both times it happened last year I had full grps that I had organized and we all agreed that it was bullshit after discussing it in grp chat and going out separate ways.

That is 12 anecdotes vs your 1 anecdote cd288 and I am pretty sure at least 2 or 3 of those other good ppl have already quit and moved on.

The reason I still post here even tho I don't play is because I'm OG p99 forums raid mob. Not even fronting.
Proceed to melt down internally at the existential death of p99s spirit if that is what you need. I will not interfere or berate u further!
Old 11-01-2023, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Can't see what magnethead is saying (just saw it in the quoted text earlier) because I blocked their insane ass years ago
Old 11-01-2023, 02:19 PM
Fire Giant

Sol A is a huge zone with a lot of goblins.

Most of those goblins are level 25-30.

A handful near the zone in are 20-25.

If you’re a level 55+, wiping through the lower level mobs, leaving none up for the lowbie level appropriate group (20-25)…

…when you could just as easily go a tiny bit further in to kill greens 5 levels higher (the mobs too high for the group of low 20s to kill), and continue your plat farm completely undisturbed with a still unlimited number of mobs to kill…

…especially when you and the group are the only players in zone…

… that makes you a selfish player. And I think you lack courage to try something just a tiny bit more difficult (greens level 25-30 instead of greens level 20-25)
Old 11-01-2023, 02:25 PM
Fire Giant

The result of the selfish behavior is that the players who get sick of dealing with mob-hoarders plant themselves back in unrest or mistmoore where they will sit LFG for their entire play time rather than compete for exp with players 30 levels higher than them.

Whether this is the intention of these players is unclear. Most players who find out there’s a level appropriate group trying to exp, will concede section of the zone to the lower level players . When you send these types (most of the population of plat farmers in sol A) - they respond to respectful requests in a respectful manner.

The selfish players will either not respond, or worse will antagonize the lower level players with their vast knowledge of elf law, and will start to cite various elf-law precedents in historical p99 law suits, in order to assert their god-given-right to kill whatever they want, whenever they want
Old 11-01-2023, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

In fighting "selfish behavior" your response and solution is to become selfish yourself. By dictating what lvl someone has to be in order to enjoy killing monsters in a zone.

Once again ppl trying to force other people to play the game like they do. If they don't, the OTHER PERSON is being selfish for not bending the knee for you.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 11-01-2023, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Not really. No one as near as I can tell dictated what lvls are allowed in solA as of yet.

You are still twisting a critique of the interaction of high and low lvl players with low lvl players with a non existent demand for high lvls to stay out of sola entirely.

Lots of disenge
Old 11-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

*disingenuous behavior of the posters in this thread who see themselves as entitled to mobs.
Old 11-01-2023, 06:54 PM
Banned

Droga should be better money/hr than Sol A anyway. Wasn’t there some change to the SolA high quality ore merchant sale value? Like a nerf?

I made probably about 20k back in the day in SolA but once I discovered Droga I never looked back

Although I’m so sick of Droga I don’t think I could go back there either without wanting to put a pen in my eye
Old 11-01-2023, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

I'm rdy to go sit in sola and kill every mob I in the zone and I'll see between 0 and 3 people zone in the whole time and this whole thread will be pointless
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 11-01-2023, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

I don't like how this post shifted focus from a valid commentary on the very real existential elf crisis of why I should continue leveling? This doesn't stop at 55. It doesn't even stop at 60 when you stop leveling, only word shifts from leveling to playing. Maybe you always wanted a career in high quality ore mining. Fundamentally, farming or raiding, which is essentially collective farming, becomes your only real options when you beat the game. This happens at 60. So why are you still playing?