Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-29-2023, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope the people who were polite see you for what you truly are now. I hope I've vindicated myself to all the people who said I went too far.

You people defended a lying sociopath. This isn't even stupidity at this point. He knows full well this is blatantly false.
You didn't answer my question, because you know I am correct[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If a Mage ends up doing less DPS in a group than a Shaman because the puller was bad, that doesn't mean Mages do less DPS than Shamans.

You compare DPS in a vacuum, to show the highest potential each class can do. People do not say that Rangers out-DPS Rogues simply because they saw a parse showing a Ranger out-DPSing a Rogue in a group.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-29-2023 at 01:14 PM..
Old 06-29-2023, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

I mean, even an idiot can figure this out.

A Shaman will not output the same DPS on a solo target as he will on a mob being destroyed by two hasted charms. He will also be wasting mana with dots, because they can't unleash their full duration.

It's so obvious it's irrelevant. The man is exhausting us so we get fed up with trying to talk sense into him.
Old 06-29-2023, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You didn't answer my question, because you know I am correct[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If a Mage ends up doing less DPS in a group than a Shaman because the puller was bad, that doesn't mean Mages do less DPS than Shamans.

You compare DPS in a vacuum, to show the highest potential each class can do. People do not say that Rangers out-DPS Rogues simply because they saw a parse showing a Ranger out-DPSing a Rogue in a group.
I actually did answer this exact question hundreds of pages ago.

You'd probably like to forget about that, right? Best pretend you weren't already defeated back then.

Careful, sociopath! Your mask is slipping!
Old 06-29-2023, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that why you have dodged the vast majority of mine? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Nobody said it did? Nice Straw Man.

Quote:
A vacuum of class comparison is simply irrelevant, we are not discussing automation or "what are classes capable of independent of a player actually playing the character", the OP did NOT make that specification.

You have still not provided the definition you are using for "playing correctly", nor have you explained how the following 4 - direct - Quotes are not contradictory:

Quote:
Assuming your group plays correctly, you will DPS the same way every time, the same as if you were solo.
Quote:
I am very confident it won't change in a group scenario.
Quote:
in a group setting, there are too many variables out of your control that can skew the data
Quote:
Once you add in outside variables, that changes the DPS equation NOT because of what the class can do, but because of what other players are doing.
Old 06-29-2023, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, even an idiot can figure this out.

A Shaman will not output the same DPS on a solo target as he will on a mob being destroyed by two hasted charms. He will also be wasting mana with dots, because they can't unleash their full duration.

It's so obvious it's irrelevant. The man is exhausting us so we get fed up with trying to talk sense into him.
You are correct that a Mage will generally out DPS a Shaman on a solo target. But how did you know that a Mage will do higher DPS on a solo target?

The answer is people /pet attack a single mob and record the DPS. You can do that in a group, or solo[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] This is how DPS parsing works for class comparisons.

Quote:
I actually did answer this exact question hundreds of pages ago.

You'd probably like to forget about that, right? Best pretend you weren't already defeated back then.

Careful, sociopath! Your mask is slipping!
It should be easy for you to repost or retype your answer if this is true.
Old 06-29-2023, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
You are correct that a Mage will generally out DPS a Shaman on a solo target. But how did you know that a Mage will do higher DPS on a solo target?

The answer is people /pet attack a single mob and record the DPS. You can do that in a group, or solo[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] This is how DPS parsing works for class comparisons.
When DPS parsing there are typically actual players playing the classes that are parsing. Raw math and/or vacuum class capabilities simply do not translate into actual DPS as calculated during actual gameplay, so Raw math and vacuum "player-less" class capabilities are irrelevant to this discussion.

Please explain in detail how "the DPS will remain the same" in a group environment when "the DPS equation has been changed by outside variables" as you noted in the - direct- Quote(s) below?

Quote:
in a group setting, there are too many variables out of your control that can skew the data
Quote:
Once you add in outside variables, that changes the DPS equation NOT because of what the class can do, but because of what other players are doing.
Old 06-29-2023, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
It should be easy for you to repost or retype your answer if this is true.
It should be easy for you to explain in detail how/why the following 4 - direct - Quotes are NOT contradictory if that is true.

Quote:
Assuming your group plays correctly, you will DPS the same way every time, the same as if you were solo.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-29-2023, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

"You were right. I'm sorry"

This is a simple sentence, DSM. You're a big man, right?
Old 06-29-2023, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
"You were right. I'm sorry"

This is a simple sentence, DSM. You're a big man, right?
I will happily say that if you can provide evidence for your claims.

You still haven't answered my question:

If a Mage does 20 DPS in a group because the puller keeps killing their pet, and a Shaman does 50 DPS because they aren't relying on their pet for DPS, does that mean a Mage has lower DPS than a Shaman?
Old 06-29-2023, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I will happily say that if you can provide evidence for your claims.

You still haven't answered my question:

If a Mage does 20 DPS in a group because the puller keeps killing their pet, and a Shaman does 50 DPS because they aren't relying on their pet for DPS, does that mean a Mage has lower DPS than a Shaman?
It would absolutely mean THAT particular Mage performed lower Damage Per Second than THAT particular Shaman in THAT particular instance.

Again I will ask:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me ask you a question. Does the cause NEGATE the effect/result?
And again I will note that you have still not provided the definition you are using for "playing correctly", nor have you explained how the following 4 - direct - Quotes are not contradictory:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: