Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 11:52 PM
Kobold

Default Starting Over

Debating starting over again and playing very casually. Would you guys recommend the green server (I enjoyed OG/Kunark the most)? Looks like the population here is best.

Also curious which classes are presently in need. I've played mostly Shaman in my past years, as well as some SK/Pally/Ranger. Would consider playing a different class if I knew I could easily find groups.

Xers
Old 03-18-2020, 01:08 AM
Fire Giant

Tanks usually seem in short supply, otherwise play what you like or solo's effectively.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 03-18-2020, 01:58 AM
Fire Giant

I'd definitely go green if starting from scratch, unless playing a class that can solo fairly well. Lowbie blue population exists, but finding low level groups is harder than it used to be.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:59 AM
Planar Protector

Enchanters and clerics are always highly desirable, as are rogues and monks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I did the same thing when I came to P99, started branching out to "what I missed" back in the day...tried a rogue, loved it, and its still my favorite class [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-18-2020, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Don't chase the dragon. There's always these perceived shortages oh hai we don't have tanks, then you see a proliferation of tanks and the cry goes up, we don't have clerics. So you roll a cleric and there's dozens of you, and now there's a tank shortage again.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:50 AM
Sarnak

I started a cleric, as I nearly always have had a main cleric. If I was going to have a serious alt I would consider a Shadow knight as there is a real shortage of tanks, or a bard, as other games have made me used to be able to move around while casting.

But playing casually we often have non-standard groups in dungeons on green. Monk, ranger, bard or Enchanter pet tanking for example. As long as the group is decent, and they mostly are, it works.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:27 PM
Kobold

Do we know if diety specific armors are a thing? I know dwarf pally brell gear is pretty good AC/Stats for this era and would likely work that into a decision about class/race.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:37 PM
Sarnak

Please just dont be a hybrid. They are everywhere and I have no idea why. Wars and Rogs are in short supply. I think everyone forgot rogs still have backstab and can be hasted and never have to stop swinging from oom.
Old 03-18-2020, 01:20 PM
Kobold

Dwarf Warrior can still be outfitted in the cultural brell armor. Imbuement of various gems, brellium etc are all things here yes?
Old 03-18-2020, 03:22 PM
Kobold

SK's and Pals are always needed, there's plenty of the other OP classes
Closed Thread