Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by porigromus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is bard melee a viable option if also twisting? That is the way I would like to play a bard if it was possible. I don't enjoy being out of the fray or kiting.
Not sure about earlier levels, but at level 50 it's certainly more efficient to just use DOT's.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure about earlier levels, but at level 50 it's certainly more efficient to just use DOT's.
Yeah, twisting dots with a drum is more efficient. However, when epics are available, then of course twisting in the dots and meleeing will probably be more efficient.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, twisting dots with a drum is more efficient. However, when epics are available, then of course twisting in the dots and meleeing will probably be more efficient.
You can actually fit in all of your dots in the time it takes for them to wear off. Basically if you go: chant of flame, chant of frost, chords of cessation, curtailing chant, denon's disruptive discord, repeat, while switching instruments for all of those songs, you won't ever "drop" any.

I don't have any special lutes except the mistmoore one, but I have selo's drum and the vox horn, so here's the amount of damage I'd do:

Chant of Flame : 62 per tick
Chant of Frost : 62 per tick
Chords of Cessation : 56 per tick
Curtailing Chant : 40 per tick
DDD: 36 per tick

So once I get them going, I do 256 damage per tick (~43 DPS), assuming no resists. With just MM drums/Lute and a normal horn, I think a Bard would do 232 damage per tick (~39 DPS), also assuming no resists (it's kind of amazing how small the difference is). Obviously this isn't viable against planar mobs, or other higher leveled creatures, who have annoyingly high resist rates.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Fire Giant

Bards really excel in a group. We can change to suit the groups needs and help every class there is be better. Any group who would not want a bard in it either doesn't know what a good bard is or suck at playing EQ.

Like we said above if you want to solo (with melee) then don't choose a bard.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards really excel in a group. We can change to suit the groups needs and help every class there is be better. Any group who would not want a bard in it either doesn't know what a good bard is or suck at playing EQ.

Like we said above if you want to solo (with melee) then don't choose a bard.
Well you can always just snare/fear melee solo. But that's not very efficient.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well you can always just snare/fear melee solo. But that's not very efficient.
Ya, even when I was fear kiting I was usually just using dots/snare/fear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-13-2011, 04:26 AM
Sarnak

well bards suck as a class so no change there ... I have to say I hate bards. This class seem to attract idiot players - no offence to exceptions.

All I ever got from bard was crushbone train and stupid questions like: why do you care that I pull half of the zone and train everyone? I get decet exp so FO.

bards are useless ***. End of story.
Last edited by Wudan; 03-13-2011 at 04:40 AM..
Old 03-13-2011, 05:06 AM
Sarnak

the only really broken thing i see with bards in p99 is their song aggro for snare/slow and mez. It shouldn't be as hard as it is now to get aggro off the bard and back on the tank as it is...

sorry to derail, but having played bard as main for as long as i did, I think bard melee is pretty dead on.
Closed Thread